Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the rumor going around. Heard a one year deal. At least Atlanta is a fairly "pitcher friendly" ball park. Very much like The K is in KC. So if we end up renting Santana for a season, crossing my fingers. There really isn't much else out there available. Guess we'll see.

From the mini-computer!

Sounds like he is going to wait a day or 2 and make a decision on his destination.

Just saw the Yankees list of FA signings, committed to a half a billion dollars of additional payroll lol

Santana signs a 1-year deal with the Braves.

At this point, we had to do something, so I am glad we went out and got someone to help.

At this point, we had to do something, so I am glad we went out and got someone to help.

Crap I had #1 waivers in my AL only league so needed him to sign in the AL

pretty good timing for that injury I guess.

pretty good timing for that injury I guess.
Well, it was a reaction to that injury. Braves seemed to be content with their pitching staff until Medlen got hurt. Then with Beachy getting hurt days later, they were in a tough spot.

With some run support, I could see him winning 14-15 games easily

Well, it was a reaction to that injury. Braves seemed to be content with their pitching staff until Medlen got hurt. Then with Beachy getting hurt days later, they were in a tough spot.

definitely a reaction. But think if it this happened say next week there is a good chance he would have been in the AL East(Baltimore/Toronto). He's a pretty good injury replacement.

Good signing for the Braves. Dude is pretty talented, and he will have a team behind him who will score some runs.

Good signing for the Braves. Dude is pretty talented, and he will have a team behind him who will score some runs.
Hope so dude.

Need BJ Upton to not suck. Uggla to not suck. And we have big shoes to fill now that McCann is a douche, I mean Yankee.

Hope so dude.

Need BJ Upton to not suck. Uggla to not suck. And we have big shoes to fill now that McCann is a douche, I mean Yankee.

Haha, odds that one of them hits over .240??

OMG Upton finished at .184 last year, thats AWFULLLLLL

Upton hasnt hit .250 in 5 years, thats just pathetic

Steals have declined for 5 straight years

#Turd

Upton hasnt hit .250 in 5 years, thats just pathetic

Steals have declined for 5 straight years

#Turd

Uggla is too big. He wears Jrod sized shirts but cannot fully turn on a pitch because he is too musclebound

#Meathead

I think Santana will work out. Uggla and BJ...not so much.

We will see what el oso blanco is made of this year.

Wow, I knew the Tribe didnt spend much cash this year, but this is kinda lame

Major League Signings

Notable Minor League Signings

Trades and Claims

Notable Losses

Extensions

A mere $484MM less than the Yankees spent this year

Tigers are banged up.

They might not win the division after all.

who will then? Talent alone they are way above anyone else

I'm just disgusted, a lot of injuries and not a lot of time. Iglesias may be out the majority of the year, and we have no immediate comparable replacement, Sanchez is shut down with a shoulder, Dirks with a back, Davis hamstrings, the list goes on and on.

This could be the year where KC puts all that talent together, Cleveland will find a way.

I'm just unsure how much flexibility Dombrowski has left to improve the Tigers. I hope a decent pickup can be made when final cuts are made, or a sensible stop gap trade or two can be swung.

I'll say this about the Royals, they have been "piecing" things together for a long time, I have to think at some point the window is closing. HOWEVER Yordano Ventura making the rotation is huge for them as the dude is just down right NASTY

I'll say this about the Royals, they have been "piecing" things together for a long time, I have to think at some point the window is closing. HOWEVER Yordano Ventura making the rotation is huge for them as the dude is just down right NASTY

They have been rebuilding since 1985. If the window hasn't closed on almost 30 years, I don't think it will ever close! Ha ha.

How can the window be closing when they just had their first wining record in 10 years? They must be worse than I thought!

This is actually the first year I am feeling they have a shot at a playoff spot before the season even starts in over a generation.

That looked nasty.

I think the only thing that causes that window to close is their inability to sign some of these guys to long term deals. Look at some of the talent they let go... Greinke, Beltran, Damon just to name a few. Unfortunately KC isn't a baseball town near as much as it was in the 70s/80s early 90s... Fans have sort of given up.

That being said, I think they can be competitive in the AL Central This year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back