Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

1. Phenom4hire called me "sir" all day Sunday. My thoughts ranged from "I'm not that old damnit" to "boy, that kid is polite" every time. Exactly how my dad raised me.
2. I didn't take advantage of the launch monitor. Wasted opportunity on my part. I hope it will be on the range at #theking. I won't make the same mistake again.
3. You learn about some people watching them eat. I think I know Bogeybrain a little too intimately after watching him eat a steak Saturday night.
4. Michigan Slice always smiles.
5. JaxGolfers story about flashing gang signs had me rolling Saturday night.
6. I really enjoyed playing with THPers Sunday, but the ESU Lady Warriors golf team was much better looking.
7. That moment on Fazio Friday on the practice green when THPers started arriving. I love that moment when you first see old friends again.
8. Dinner or Sunday night with Pete, Troy and his fiancee was a perfect ending to the trip.
9. Man, I missed seeing TNTCigarGuy
10. First tee shots at a THP event are awesome!

Loving the recaps and the high point lists. Thanks guys.

11. The mayo sliders at Big Jims are pretty good.

Thanks Barry, I really missed out on seeing everyone. The recaps have been hard for me to read. Actually got me a little teary eyed. I'm glad everyone had so much fun.

Thanks Barry, I really missed out on seeing everyone. The recaps have been hard for me to read. Actually got me a little teary eyed. I'm glad everyone had so much fun.

A pool party just isn't the same without you dude. There is always next time though, and there will be a next time.

Sorry about the sir thing, its a hard habit to kick when you've been doing it your whole life but Ill work on it. I do the same thing with women, mam this and mam that just the way I was raised I guess. Those sliders were good and would have been better if not for the liquid mayo.

Ice cream and only ice cream ftw!

It's pretty awesome that you guys found Hilton Head Ice Cream. I went there as a kid when my family would go to HHI for vacation or for the Heritage (when the tournament was still called the Heritage). Seriously, I first went there over 25 years ago.

That was my one regret from the trip. I meant to make it over there but I never did. Glad you guys did. That place is awesome!

Sorry about the sir thing, its a hard habit to kick when you've been doing it your whole life but Ill work on it. I do the same thing with women, mam this and mam that just the way I was raised I guess. Those sliders were good and would have been better if not for the liquid mayo.

Never ever ever ever apologize for having manners. Ever. I'd rather be told to quit calling them sir or ma'am than to ever be reminded. Usually the reminder doesn't exactly come at a good time either haha

Don't change a thing. At your age I was the same. I'm glad my dad taught me that. It was great meeting you. Hope we get to play together again!

Really wanted to see you there, Trevor. I was pretty shocked Friday night when I caught up with the thread.

Don't get me wrong. It was a pleasure to meet Ron as well. But I had been looking forward to seeing my bro from the west coast.

Soon enough, my friend.

I already miss all of you! I want to tell you all that I had a great time!

Some random thoughts:

1. Don't drive 17 hours then get out of the vehicle and play 36 expecting to play in a respectable manner the next day.

2. Mike Dean likes his ice cream!

3. SoxFan likes his spicy chicken wings

4. Finding fairways one day does not guarantee the same the next day

5. Aurthur Hills from the Blues gave me the blues!

6. Barry is a fantastic person, and one hell of a golfer! 5 birdies on Saturday! I'm a fan!

7. My wife gets what THP is all about after meeting the fine folks in Hilton Head, We've talked a lot about THP since we've left HHI.

8. Don't park your car where Matt (mmaynard11) could walk into it

9. Freddie is very much in demand on the range, but so willing to give you his time and advise.

10. When you have a wife as understanding as mine, sometimes keeping her happy (lighthouse trip 9 hours out of the way BTW) has to take precedence over golfing with friends.

11. I really really really wish I could remember names. I am sorry for asking some of you your names over and over.

12. I wish I sat down and talked to everyone.

13. Jaxgolfer1 is a seriously funny dude!

14. 17 hours in vehicle.... oops covered it already!!

15. It amazes me how down to earth THP'ers are, I haven't met one yet that I don't like.

16. I have a lot more work to do on my game! (I can and will be so much better).

17. I want to tee off first in an event sometime.

18. Waking up feeling like a champion is useless unless you are able to perform like one.

19. Deuce will do great things in golf and life!

20. THP and Bridgestone really bring it! The event was well done as always! I very much look forward to Indy and Ocean City!

Thanks for the shout out MS but slight correction, 4 birdies, not 5. Wish I didn't have the blow up holes to go with them. PBFU syndrome.

Random thoughts

Palm trees are hard to cut down with golf balls.

mmaynard is deathly afraid of snakes, he also screams like a girl

You can find a truck stop with Wendy's and DQ in it, that sells 3ft gummy snakes in THP green

Riding with the Ohio boys to THP events is good times and lots of sugar can and will be consumed

Mrs slice just might be cooler than her husband

JB's dad and step mom are just as awesome as he and Morgan are

11. The mayo sliders at Big Jims are pretty good.
Ugh...I think I just threw up a little.

While I enjoyed having the room to myself, it didn't feel right without you there. The pool party was the pool party, but your energy would've made it even better.

I'm back to work tomorrow, and plan on getting my recap written instead of doing actual work. Should be fun to relive it all.

Random thoughts

Palm trees are hard to cut down with golf balls.

mmaynard is deathly afraid of snakes, he also screams like a girl

You can find a truck stop with Wendy's and DQ in it, that sells 3ft gummy snakes in THP green

Riding with the Ohio boys to THP events is good times and lots of sugar can and will be consumed

Mrs slice just might be cooler than her husband

JB's dad and step mom are just as awesome as he and Morgan are

Very kind of you to say. After dinner they came up to me and said "that guy [GolfinFF] is just a really nice guy. Very genuine".

A few things I learned at HHI...

1. CJ (Michigan Slice) is on of the most fun loving people I have ever met.
2. Marc (Trout Bum) uses a driver that is about as old as some of the THPers.
3. Once Barry (cpljohnst) got his pull draw off the tee straightened out, there was no stopping him.
4. Tom (Duece) WILL become a single digit handicapper given more time and experience. Dude has the right attitude and desire not to.
5. CJ and Tom are scared of really hot chicken wings.
6. Mike Dean is very organized, is always in control and plans and coordinates one heck of an event.
7. Hard to find a better collection of dudes than THPers!
8. Randy (Dawg Daddy) is just as awesome as I thought he would be.
9. You really can push things too far when playing with physical ailments. I may not be able to swing a golf club for at least a couple of months now, but wasn't going to miss playing in the HHI for anything!
10. My brain does not recall all of my random thoughts at 6:30 am.

Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

I am finally getting a quiet moment to get a recap out there. First off, thanks to THP and Bridgestone for putting one another awesome event. It was a great weekend and JB, Morgan's, and Mike Dean's efforts do not unappreciated.

This was my third invitational but first one I've been able to make a weekend of it. It was nice not having to play and then hit the road. I came away from this event thinking about how much I love this place and the people that are part of it. I look forward to every THP event I go to and wish my schedule/budget allowed me to attend more. When I grow up I want to like v.man and get to as many events as he does.

Arthur Hills was a challenge but an enjoyable one. Mike Dean was my partner and he chutted very aggressively and frequently. Neither of us played out best, but we had an absolute blast. We did better than in Myrtle, that's all I know. Thanks to JB for letting me hit his Alpha. Ugh. I didn't need a new driver ponder. Mike and i were paired with Penglynns & threeboysdad. It was great playing with you guys and hope to tee it up again sometime soon. No three-peat--sorry, Phillip.

Troy and I played Sunday morning at the RTJ course behind DD, v.man, and Toad. I was supposed to play in their group, but Troy's Jville crew dropped out (lame) in search of better weather. We ended up having a great day to play. It was a little windy at times, but no rain. Troy is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. We have a lot in common in that we both out-kicked our coverage. Jamie is incredibly nice and probably knows more about college football than I do. Best of luck to you guys and enjoy the next year, it goes by really, really fast.

More random thoughts:

DawgDaddy: It was great to see you again and we will tee it up at some point.
Toad: Great talking with you over the weekend. Thanks for the entertainment on 17 tee at RTJ.
Greg: Awesome seeing you again. Thanks for the offer on the DPCs, but I figured I would do 441 a favor and put some good juju on them.:alien:
Jordan: hated that you had to leave early. we will meet up soon to play. keep plugging away.
Marc: I'm glad I was finally able to meet you after hearing about how great of a guy you are. I have no idea why people would say that.
Bogeybrain and Jaxgolfer: glad you got your steak and watching jeff hit up the breakfast barefoot was a special time.
Tevor: I hate that you couldn't be there with us this weekend. Your presence was missed.
GolfinFf: I think you've got an Apex ponder on your hands

I know I'm leaving out a ton of people, but it was great weekend and enjoyed meeting everyone.

Sorry if I got anyone's name wrong or confused. I'm horrible with names.

I want your 3i Jeff/John if we meet again and it comes up missing I know nothing

Spicoli, 3rd times a charm....u can take it to the bank!

I already miss all of you! I want to tell you all that I had a great time!

Some random thoughts:

17. I want to tee off first in an event sometime.

just a heads up, there might be a Go Pro camera on the tee, so don't go to the far side of the tee box

just a heads up, there might be a Go Pro camera on the tee, so don't go to the far side of the tee box

I think there was one at this event, not sure they got posted though.

There is a seperate thread with some of the pics that were taken.

there was i did not see it until after i teed the ball up on the other side of the tee box

Back