DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have our MGA season kickoff March Madness tournament all weekend or I would

If I'm #6 and Cookie is taking 5 I might just drive out there Thursday night. My sleep schedule can be a little wonky since I work nights and if I try to drive out there early Friday morning it could get real interesting.

We have it worked out as Eddie, I and someone else can ride with us and the other 3 ride with cookie. We are planning on leaving from cookies at 5:30am.

Just throwing it out there, 4 can go with Cookie and 1 can ride with me in my car. Whatever the group wants to do is fine by me.

If anyone of you PVGA members are interested in Texas Golf Association (TGA) State Team Play, send me a PM and I will give you our captain's contact information. The first event is at Pecan Valley, this Sunday, at noon. Most of the events will be on Sunday to avoid conflicts with our PVGA events. The rules state you must be part of GHIN. So, I don't know if USHandicap will be valid. For myself, I will join GHIN, if USHandicap is not accepted. I will try to get confirmation on that in the next couple of days.

Below is some information on it.

------
The Texas Golf Assn. spring match play will begin March 23, 2014. The spring matches are sanctioned and governed by the Texas Golf Assn. and will include teams from all over Texas competing w/an 8 man team who will play 6 matches in their respective 4 team conference.

Our conference will consist of: PV, Squaw Creek, Canyon West, & Sugar Tree. We will play 3 matches at home, 3 away, all to be played on Sundays. We have the option to reschedule matches if needed, however, playing on Sundays will allow us to play in our regular assoc. events on Saturdays.

The GHIN Hdcp System (Low Hdcp Index ) will be utilized to make the competition as fair as possible and the format will be 4 - four-ball Nassau matches worth 3 points; the team earning 6.5 or more points will be the match winner.

Tees/yardage will consist of two: 6800 (first 2-teams) 6500 (2nd 2-teams)

The entry fee is $500 per team and we will collect $11 per player for each match with the expectation some players may
not be able to play all six matches. If we win our conference, we will move on to the play-offs to be held at Horseshoe Bay Resort in Marble Falls, Texas. (May 30 - June 1). All golf related fees for the play-offs will be covered, we will only need to pay for lodging, meals etc.

For more general league info go to http://www.txga.org/State-League-Play-Information.html

I am in for Saturday if there are others that want to make another time.

No, TexasBubba filled it but I can grab another if more folks are interested.

I am in for Saturday if there are others that want to make another time.

I just booked a 7:37 to follow the 7:30. Really need at least 2 more to make it work I think.

If anyone of you PVGA members are interested in Texas Golf Association (TGA) State Team Play, send me a PM and I will give you our captain's contact information. The first event is at Pecan Valley, this Sunday, at noon. Most of the events will be on Sunday to avoid conflicts with our PVGA events. The rules state you must be part of GHIN. So, I don't know if USHandicap will be valid. For myself, I will join GHIN, if USHandicap is not accepted. I will try to get confirmation on that in the next couple of days.

Below is some information on it.

------
The Texas Golf Assn. spring match play will begin March 23, 2014. The spring matches are sanctioned and governed by the Texas Golf Assn. and will include teams from all over Texas competing w/an 8 man team who will play 6 matches in their respective 4 team conference.

Our conference will consist of: PV, Squaw Creek, Canyon West, & Sugar Tree. We will play 3 matches at home, 3 away, all to be played on Sundays. We have the option to reschedule matches if needed, however, playing on Sundays will allow us to play in our regular assoc. events on Saturdays.

The GHIN Hdcp System (Low Hdcp Index ) will be utilized to make the competition as fair as possible and the format will be 4 - four-ball Nassau matches worth 3 points; the team earning 6.5 or more points will be the match winner.

Tees/yardage will consist of two: 6800 (first 2-teams) 6500 (2nd 2-teams)

The entry fee is $500 per team and we will collect $11 per player for each match with the expectation some players may
not be able to play all six matches. If we win our conference, we will move on to the play-offs to be held at Horseshoe Bay Resort in Marble Falls, Texas. (May 30 - June 1). All golf related fees for the play-offs will be covered, we will only need to pay for lodging, meals etc.

For more general league info go to http://www.txga.org/State-League-Play-Information.html

Other details:
-You don't have to play every week.
-We just need 8 players every week.

-The $500 is broken down to 6 events and 8 players, which is 48 rounds of golf.
---500/48=10.42, rounding that up to $11/golfer/event.
-On event day, amount due is green fee and event fee

Also, TGA confirmed with me that GHIN service is required. They do not use USHandicap.
I renewed my GHIN, this morning, so I can also participate in other TGA events (State Am, Mid-Am, Public Links, etc)

I'll still update USHandiap so it's up-to-date for the THP vTour.

I will see if I can wrangle up some more players.

I just booked a 7:37 to follow the 7:30. Really need at least 2 more to make it work I think.

I'm probably headed to Leonard's tonight for some practice. The more the merrier.

FOUND MY CAR! Busted some juvey's.

On Monday, I picked up a rental car. Upon leaving the rental car agency, I chose to drive through a residential neighborhood, because traffic on the main road was busy. 99.9999% of the time, I would’ve taken the main road. But, for some reason, I chose the back roads. At some point I get to a stop sign, where I’ll have to take a left to get to my daughter’s daycare. While I’m at the stop sign, my car drives past me.

I call 911 and start following the car. As I explain to 911 what direction we are going, she is relaying that to the officer assigned to the call. When I see the police car, I tell 911. They confirm that it’s the car handling my situation and they tell me to back off. But, I do end up seeing where police make the stop. All of this takes 7-8 minutes. The majority of this is happening in/near a school zone. So, speeds never got above 30mph.

I go pick up my daughter from daycare. On the way back, I drive near the scene and now there are 3 police cars. Then, I head back to where 911 asked me to wait. We sit around talking, I’m texting family, and we’re waiting. After about 40 minutes, police call me back and ask me to go to the
scene.

The residence they where they were caught wasn't their house. They saw police in rearview mirror, tried to get away, and turned into a cul de sac. Geniuses. Officer said we were lucky they turned the direction they did. If they'd gone another way, the car might've crossed into another jurisdicition.

I think it was a high school kid, picking up another high school kid. But, the police said one was an adult and one was juvenile. I don’t know if the driver was adult or juvy. But, he looked younger than the passenger. Anyway, the driver admitted to police that he stole my car. He/They were just going through the neighborhood looking for unlocked cars. The passenger, according to stories told to police, was not involved in the theft and said he didn’t know it was stolen. Later on, though, he admitted to knowing the car was stolen.

While I’m at the scene, I never hear the drive speak. The passenger is whining about being sick, and not knowing what is going on. I hear him talking about the county hospital, prozac and he mumbles a lot of other stuff I don’t hear. But he says the F word a lot. So, my daughter rolls her window up and I go back to sitting in the car with her, until the police need me again.

One went to jail. One went to juvenile detention. They scratched up the bumpers, the tire tread looked worn down. They put about 300-400 miles on it. And, my full tank and down to <90 miles left. AND, they smoked and spilt beer/sodas in it. When I get home that evening, I get a flashlight and look through the vehicle. The only things in the car are a homemade music CD, a gas can and a siphon hose. Fortunately for me, I guess, is that they hadn’t yet trashed it. The police said it was rare for a located stolen vehicle to be in that good a condition.

After the police were done with their investigation, the car was given back to me. I saw my car at 5:15 and it was back at my house by 8pm. There is mud and fingerprint dust all over it.

Now, I deal with insurance.

Glad its back, sorry its in poor shape. Hopefully you have an easy time with the insurance.

Great to hear Doug. Pretty amazing that you saw it driving down the street. Glad to hear it all turned out.

Doug, what a week you have had with all this drama! hopefully life gets back to normal soon.

Doug, glad you found it. Hopefully the insurance will do you right... and quickly!

Just had a friend call about playing on Saturday, so I am out for PV. Going to stay closer to home. Hopefully I can catch up with you guys sometime soon.

I will see if I can wrangle up some more players.

Just had a friend call about playing on Saturday, so I am out for PV. Going to stay closer to home. Hopefully I can catch up with you guys sometime soon.

Thanks for the heads up, will cancel second time.

#ManUp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back