What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Deuce! That's the way to do it. You'll be setting many more PB's as I'm confident your scores are going to be dropping.

Decent round today 39/41= 80
31 putts
only 7 GIR--good scramble day

2 balls lost on water...so could have been really good were it not for two bad swings.

Last edited:
Shot a 53 which ties my best score for nine holes played. But I am not satisfied, as I left several shots out on the course.

Pros
Tied personal best.
Hit 4/7 fairways and two of the misses were by less than 5 yards.
Only one snowman.
No penalty shots, kept ball semi close to the fairway at all times.

Cons
Topped three shots.
Not getting height on my hybrids or irons.
Course played short today as they were resodding some tee boxes.
Five three putts!!!!!
Five three putts!!!!!
Let me repeat that, five three putts!!!!!
Total of 23 putts through 9 holes.
Averaged right around 200 yards per drive. That has to improve especially when I get on longer courses.
Still spraying the ball some. Not as bad as I typically do, but still not getting as good a ball flight as I can on the range. It is saying something when a really good shot thrills me. Hopefully soon it'll be a "Meh, I was supposed to do that." sort of feeling.

I suppose I should be somewhat happy, but the 23 putts ate at me all day. Probably cost myself a PB on the par 3 7th hole (191 yards) when I pulled my 5 wood, hit a screamer down the fairway which hit 30 yards before the hole, rolled all the up and over the green and down the back to rest alongside a tree. Took me two shots to get on the green and two putts for a double bogey. If I pull my 4h there maybe I make par. Oh well, live and learn.

I hope to break 100 this weekend. Need to work on my iron swing still, and if I can repeat my "success" with my driver and keep it close to the fairways I have a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great job partner! Better putting would have had you breaking 50. Looks like the ball striking was overall good judging from your stats. Just keep feeeding off the successes amd working on the opportunities and you will keep droppimg those scores!

37 today! Greens were just aerated and sanded so that was annoying but it's also March in Utah.

37 today! Greens were just aerated and sanded so that was annoying but it's also March in Utah.

My greens were in the same shape on the 9 holes I played this evening. Couldn't tell if I was on the green or in the bunker lol. Putting was... Interesting..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great round out there today. I will be playing a course here in California that was aerated last week so hoping it won't be to much of a downer.

My greens were in the same shape on the 9 holes I played this evening. Couldn't tell if I was on the green or in the bunker lol. Putting was... Interesting..

More sand flew up when you landed on the green then the bunkers! I swear they took out the bunker sand to sand the greens. Lol

Thats an awesome 9!

Thank you. Just the second time out this year and I'm super encouraged.

Great round out there today. I will be playing a course here in California that was aerated last week so hoping it won't be to much of a downer.

We had a no 3-putt rule but thankfully I never needed it. I hate crappy greens but know this has to be done so they're decent for the season. That usually helps me get through them.

Shot 35 today from the middle tees using just the i25s. Flew a ton of greens right over the stick unfortunately

Tap Tap Taparoo

44/42 today at my local course. Only hit 7 fairways and 3 greens but luckily I was able to scramble well. Most of the greens are small, elevated, and so hard that a full iron shot won't even leave a findable divot so I didn't feel too bad. I had 32 putts with 3 three putts but it was my first time out with a new putter. The positive for the day was that I only hit one BAD shot the whole round and that was a 9 iron I hit fat and left short. My best round so far this year and it can only get better.

Shot 35 today from the middle tees using just the i25s. Flew a ton of greens right over the stick unfortunately

Tap Tap Taparoo

Nice shooting!

Shot a +4 74 from tips in a wind storm today. I got the day off from the boss so I took advantage and got a round in. Only hit 4 greens, so +4 isn't bad for me. Had 10 putts on the front 9 :alien:

Tap Tap Taparoo

Nice round dude. Playing irons only can open your eyes and be a lot of fun.

Shot a +4 74 from tips in a wind storm today. I got the day off from the boss so I took advantage and got a round in. Only hit 4 greens, so +4 isn't bad for me. Had 10 putts on the front 9 :alien:

Wowzers... solid front 9 of putting.

Great round!

81. I am happy with the score. I had a 12 hole stretch where I played +1 and sucked on the other six holes. I had 7 gir and 1 gur, with only 1 birdie to show for it. The x2hot hybrid is a game changer for me for sure.

Wowzers... solid front 9 of putting.

Great round!

Thanks dude, but the chipping was what did it!

I've taken a break from THP, with winter golf was the last thing on my mind, but now my move out West, I've gotten back on the course, and went out over the weekend and shot my best round ever. Put up a 78, including 2 penalty strokes. I was ecstatic, and even sunk a 40 foot birdie putt on the 18th. I played alone, so no witnesses, but the course was quiet so I was able to keep my pace and momentum, which is huge to me playing well.

And I've been catching up, and I'm back in the THP zone now :banana:

Dan

42 for 9 holes. Had a great round going and was 2 over through 7 holes but had a little break down on the last 2 holes.

Went to GolfTec for a swing evaluation yesterday and it looks like I'm in for a fairly big swing change, tried implement some of it today struggled to a 43 front, only 2 fairways and 2 greens, got stuck behind a threesome starting on 9 played behind them the entire back so couldn't get into any rhythm but hit 4 fairways and 2 greens on the back for another 43 for an 86 total. I saw what needs to be fixed but thinking about putting it off and playing what I've been playing and used to until after Lake Charles next week.

Talk about relieved a bit. I just shot an 81 = 40/41 with 31 putts. Had two 3 jacks. Err. Had seven pars and one Canabirdie! Steps in the right direction. Not to press onward!

So much awesome. Nice shooting MM!

Talk about relieved a bit. I just shot an 81 = 40/41 with 31 putts. Had two 3 jacks. Err. Had seven pars and one Canabirdie! Steps in the right direction. Not to press onward!

Whats a canabirdie?

Whats a canabirdie?

Canadan told me to knock in some birdies and the next hole I made my 1st birdie of my short 2014 season.

So I named my birdie in his honor.

47/41 today. Front 9 was still a mess. Started to come back to me in the back 9. Way too many 3 putts today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back