What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 50/46 at Pueblo Del Sol. Moving on up, slowly. Probably the best round I've had as far as course management. Hitting my tee shots with a mind of getting to a yardage (150), avoiding the driver except where the distance was needed and the cut I brought would fit. Chipped pretty well, putted better than I have in a long time. Haven't quite gotten proficient at Dave Stockton's "high shot," which cost me some strokes, but I like having something that specific to work on. Was able to get close often and clean up 1-putts for pars or bogeys (stupid water!)

Probably the biggest improvement I've felt in a long time, and it came by hitting it shorter off the tee. I owe Johnny Mojo a beer for the advice.

Great stuff Paladin! Keep it up fellow hacker!

Played Tour 18 Houston with fellow THPer Cfreguson1978, great guy had a great round, course was cart path only which wore us both down as the round progressed. Front 9 hit 6/7 fairways and 7/9 greens with 1 birdie for a one over 37, had pars on 10,11 and 12 and then the wheels came off. Think I started getting a little tired from the walking had no more pars on the way in all bogeys with 1 double for a 43 on the back for an 80. Hit 11/14 fairways and 11 greens total. Solid round but could've should've closed better.

81, 44/37. The round was looking like I was going to put up a big number but caught a few breaks on the back 9, including a 30yd pitch in for birdie on 14.

Played The Traditions Course at Cypresswood Golf Club in Spring Tx today and was fortunate that we were able to play 90* rule today as my hips and knees were not good today.
With that said I managed a 39-38=77 with a couple of birdies and no doubles or worse. I am going to start taking some glucosamine and chondroitin to see if it will help with my joint discomfort (got my fingers crossed)

Played The Traditions Course at Cypresswood Golf Club in Spring Tx today and was fortunate that we were able to play 90* rule today as my hips and knees were not good today.
With that said I managed a 39-38=77 with a couple of birdies and no doubles or worse. I am going to start taking some glucosamine and chondroitin to see if it will help with my joint discomfort (got my fingers crossed)

im doing the same Johnny, you got golfing plans out there for the weekend?

im doing the same Johnny, you got golfing plans out there for the weekend?

Dgvillere, gotta work this weekend but if you want to play on Friday at Cypresswood, let me know

Shot a 40/46 86 at a tough course yesterday.

Aside from some brutal par 3's I played alright considering the length of almost 6700 yards. Also the course had no range so starting cold was a bit of a shame.

Shot a 40/46 86 at a tough course yesterday.

Aside from some brutal par 3's I played alright considering the length of almost 6700 yards. Also the course had no range so starting cold was a bit of a shame.

No range? Wow, that sucks. Gotta have at least a few balls to warm up. Way to stick it out, that is a long course alright!

Nice round there dude. I feel like Glucosamine helped me but it could have been a mental thing.

If I have the energy tomorrow morning after a 12 hr shift I think I may get out and tackle this monster...

http://www.ihgolfclub.com/course-practice/eisenhower-course

Do it!

43/45 - 88. This was my 1st walking round of the year, and it was cloudy, 50° with 25mph winds. In those conditions this early in the season, I will take anything under 90 and be happy!

A very interesting 80.
43 and 37 at Waterlefe. Played with Dcbrad and it was an absolute blast. I mean absolute blast. What a fun round of golf.

A very interesting 80.
43 and 37 at Waterlefe. Played with Dcbrad and it was an absolute blast. I mean absolute blast. What a fun round of golf.

Not bad at that place

Nice JB, it just makes me happy to see you posting scores again after getting the all clear. All feels right again to be honest.

Nice round JB. Glad to see you have been given the clear to get back out there!

It was a struggle on the front nine. Just scrambling to get it done.

Back 9 is when the magic happens and usually involves closing out wardy

Since I have the week off of work, I decided it would be a good idea to play from when I got done with school until I couldn't walk anymore. Played 45 holes shot 86, 83 and then I shot 47 on the last nine!

47/44 for 91 at Long Bay Club. This is a Nicklaus design and my second time playing it. I shot an 89 last time. It's typical Nicklaus, generous fairways and then green complexes that just are very tough. I hit 11 fwys, but only 3 greens. Hit some approaches that hit greens but rolled off into collection areas or sand. I'm just not accurate enough to hit greens the way Jack designs them. Positives of the round was how I drove the ball and no three putts.

47/44 for 91 at Long Bay Club. This is a Nicklaus design and my second time playing it. I shot an 89 last time. It's typical Nicklaus, generous fairways and then green complexes that just are very tough. I hit 11 fwys, but only 3 greens. Hit some approaches that hit greens but rolled off into collection areas or sand. I'm just not accurate enough to hit greens the way Jack designs them. Positives of the round was how I drove the ball and no three putts.

Good on you for playing tough tracks that are not set up for your game. :thumb: It makes ya tougher.

A soggy 45 today at my first 9 holes at The Oasis. Nasty head wind didn't make the middle stretch any easier as I started to loose my game a bit. All things considered I'm happy with my first Oasis experience. I'm hopping to get out again tomorrow for another 9 holes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Shot a 53 which ties my best score for nine holes played. But I am not satisfied, as I left several shots out on the course.

Pros
Tied personal best.
Hit 4/7 fairways and two of the misses were by less than 5 yards.
Only one snowman.
No penalty shots, kept ball semi close to the fairway at all times.

Cons
Topped three shots.
Not getting height on my hybrids or irons.
Course played short today as they were resodding some tee boxes.
Five three putts!!!!!
Five three putts!!!!!
Let me repeat that, five three putts!!!!!
Total of 23 putts through 9 holes.
Averaged right around 200 yards per drive. That has to improve especially when I get on longer courses.
Still spraying the ball some. Not as bad as I typically do, but still not getting as good a ball flight as I can on the range. It is saying something when a really good shot thrills me. Hopefully soon it'll be a "Meh, I was supposed to do that." sort of feeling.

I suppose I should be somewhat happy, but the 23 putts ate at me all day. Probably cost myself a PB on the par 3 7th hole (191 yards) when I pulled my 5 wood, hit a screamer down the fairway which hit 30 yards before the hole, rolled all the up and over the green and down the back to rest alongside a tree. Took me two shots to get on the green and two putts for a double bogey. If I pull my 4h there maybe I make par. Oh well, live and learn.

I hope to break 100 this weekend. Need to work on my iron swing still, and if I can repeat my "success" with my driver and keep it close to the fairways I have a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shot a 53 which ties my best score for nine holes played. But I am not satisfied, as I left several shots out on the course.

Pros
Tied personal best.
Hit 4/7 fairways and two of the misses were by less than 5 yards.
Only one snowman.
No penalty shots, kept ball semi close to the fairway at all times.

Cons
Topped three shots.
Not getting height on my hybrids or irons.
Course played short today as they were resodding some tee boxes.
Five three putts!!!!!
Five three putts!!!!!
Let me repeat that, five three putts!!!!!
Total of 23 putts through 9 holes.
Averaged right around 200 yards per drive. That has to improve especially when I get on longer courses.
Still spraying the ball some. Not as bad as I typically do, but still not getting as good a ball flight as I can on the range. It is saying something when a really good shot thrills me. Hopefully soon it'll be a "Meh, I was supposed to do that." sort of feeling.

I suppose I should be somewhat happy, but the 23 putts ate at me all day. Probably cost myself a PB on the par 3 7th hole (191 yards) when I pulled my 5 wood, hit a screamer down the fairway which hit 30 yards before the hole, rolled all the up and over the green and down the back to rest alongside a tree. Took me two shots to get on the green and two putts for a double bogey. If I pull my 4h there maybe I make par. Oh well, live and learn.

I hope to break 100 this weekend. Need to work on my iron swing still, and if I can repeat my "success" with my driver and keep it close to the fairways I have a shot.

Congrats on the tie of the pb. Those 3 jacks are brutal, slash those down and u are area 40s machine without even improving anywhere else. So much time left in the season too!

Congrats on the tie of the pb. Those 3 jacks are brutal, slash those down and u are area 40s machine without even improving anywhere else. So much time left in the season too!
Thanks. Maybe by tomorrow I will be a bit more objective on my score and be happier with it. My putting failed me today which is disappointing, but I didn't do myself any favors with my short game. This will all come with practice, which I am happy to put the effort in. I think I can get it done by my one year anniversary of golfing. Just need to not regress, and stick to what I have learned at my lessons. That video by Leadbetter on how to tee up helped me today. Didn't give me distance but gave me some consistency which I lacked. Wish I had seen that video before HHI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back