#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

actually, that brings up a good point. Any chance we'll know what tee's we'll be playing off prior to the event?

Was it ever determined which ZooCrew members will be joining for this event and who they will be aligned with?

actually, that brings up a good point. Any chance we'll know what tee's we'll be playing off prior to the event?

No. It will be announced on the Friday of the event.

Was it ever determined which ZooCrew members will be joining for this event and who they will be aligned with?

Was it determined? Yes.
Was it announced? No.

i don't believe so...they're probably having a hard time breaking the bad news to whomever is playing with team Chad.

i don't believe so...they're probably having a hard time breaking the bad news to whomever is playing with team Chad.

Imagine how bad you're going to feel when you guys get beat by someone like Chad. Embarrassing to say the least.

Wager?! Yeah I know these course like the back of my hand. When I play the tips and hit mid irons into most par fours. Step up to the blues and I'm hitting low mid irons to scoring irons. I know JB won't stretch this any where close to 7000++ it plays but even at 6500 the course is tough.

The international has some generous areas to land in off the tee. The issue is finding the right line to get to that area. With 100++ bunkers on the course you will have to choose your lines wisely. And I will tell you this, safe off the tee isn't always the best option. There are a few holes that you must stand and deliver.

The National can be had and will play into the hands of the longer hitters on some holes. For instance, #2 is a very short par5 if you can carry the left hand bunker. It'll leave some a 5i into an open green on the left. #17 is drivable from all sets of tees.

Some holes that can really affect the match will be 16, 4, 11

Haha didn't mean to downplay your course knowledge Freddie! If it's above 6500, I know I'll be hitting a lot of mid irons into greens and probably a few hybrids and a FW or two on longer holes. Your knowledge will definitely be extremely helpful in finding the right line, as you said, especially for us of average length off the tee.

Speaking of your knowledge, do you have any plans to join us for practice rounds Thursday and/or Friday? Would love to have the opportunity to dissect these courses with you around before the pressure is on.

Imagine how bad you're going to feel when you guys get beat by someone like Chad. Embarrassing to say the least.
Not gonna happen.

3 words for you Panda and the rest of team Chad

Slow. Play. Penalty.

Not gonna happen.

Buddy, I've rooted for you in the MC and felt bad as well. I'm afraid that the coveted purple 'thanks for showing up' ribbon is in your future. I really am sorry but that's the way it is. I'll buy your some beers prior to our victory so it's not awkward Sunday afternoon. :D

3 words for you Panda and the rest of team Chad

Slow. Play. Penalty.

You know how we combat that, pair slow poke Rodriguez with me. We've played before and he knows how to play fast but may need a fast player with him.

Buddy, I've rooted for you in the MC and felt bad as well. I'm afraid that the coveted purple 'thanks for showing up' ribbon is in your future. I really am sorry but that's the way it is. I'll buy your some beers prior to our victory so it's not awkward Sunday afternoon. :D
I know you have been traveling a ton, bro, and know you might be jet-lagged... But you do realize you aren't on Harrys team, right?

I know you have been traveling a ton, bro, and know you might be jet-lagged... But you do realize you aren't on Harrys team, right?

Yes, I am well aware of my status #imwithchad and he will be crowned #theking

Yes, I am well aware of my status #imwithchad and he will be crowned #theking
It appears your long nights in Sin City have caused you to be delirious.

It appears your long nights in Sin City have caused you to be delirious.

The issue is that you all are in my state of delirium and it comes out the same, chad wins. The group of ragtag golfers and some zoocrew dudes are going to lay the pimp hand on you all.

Course knowledge is going to be helpful, as is having a game plan with an option B should weather or other factors weigh in. How bad is the wind at these courses?

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Course knowledge is going to be helpful, as is having a game plan with an option B should weather or other factors weigh in. How bad is the wind at these courses?

I'll eat mark this as the first weather post. Hit it solid and nothing else matters. If you aren't hitting solid the course will expose you right away. Just get your yardages dialed in and hit it solid. Stay away from front pins, attack middle and back. Favor the larger part of the fairway and when I doubt take one more club and swing smooth.

I'll eat mark this as the first weather post. Hit it solid and nothing else matters. If you aren't hitting solid the course will expose you right away. Just get your yardages dialed in and hit it solid. Stay away from front pins, attack middle and back. Favor the larger part of the fairway and when I doubt take one more club and swing smooth.

Sorry, it will also be my LAST weather post...

(Except to be excited about not being In the Northeast for that weekend)

Both are very open courses for the most part so it feels like the wind is always blowing out there, but it's usually not too bad.

Both are very open courses for the most part so it feels like the wind is always blowing out there, but it's usually not too bad.

That aboy Mikey, build that confidence

The issue is that you all are in my state of delirium and it comes out the same, chad wins. The group of ragtag golfers and some zoocrew dudes are going to lay the pimp hand on you all.

Callaway guys are smart they give some amazing SWAG to take your mind off the golf

Stay away from front pins

Reason? Are there false fronts? Pinched with bunkers in front? Can you elaborate. Thanks by the way for the knowledge shared already. Much appreciated!

Reason? Are there false fronts? Pinched with bunkers in front? Can you elaborate. Thanks by the way for the knowledge shared already. Much appreciated!

Usually both, actually. Depends on the hole layout.

Loving the shared course knowledge in here! Thanks Freddie!
I have never been more confident with my 5 and 6 irons, and my ball striking is inching closer and closer to 'solid'.

Today I shot a 42/38 80 on a 6640 yard course. I used 4 wood on almost every par 4 in order to get more mid and long iron practice in and I think it worked out well. Granted 6600 here is like playing 6200 at home it seems.

Loving the shared course knowledge in here! Thanks Freddie!
I have never been more confident with my 5 and 6 irons, and my ball striking is inching closer and closer to 'solid'.

Today I shot a 42/38 80 on a 6640 yard course. I used 4 wood on almost every par 4 in order to get more mid and long iron practice in and I think it worked out well. Granted 6600 here is like playing 6200 at home it seems.

Nice round Curt. Yeah it definitely plays a little shorter in the heat like that, I imagine we'll see a similar effect in Orlando. Practice rounds/range will be key to figuring out those new Florida carry distances.

I've been busting my chops all week to get stuff done around the house in hopes of walking 9 Sunday afternoon. I still have 3 more days of work to do but I should get it done and as long as I can still swing a club I'm going to focus on some wedge play and solid iron contact per the latest David Ledbetter video.

The course lends itself to mid irons and some long irons on the par 3's so if I can I will try to hit multiple shots. I also hope to dial in the new 5w I picked up from Blu. I would really like for this to produce 210-215 yards and be easy to hit. Otherwise I might be searching for a 3 hybrid.

Back