What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the range to do some testing of the TaylorMade Project A golf balls and try to figure out why I couldn't make a decent swing on the ball during the Hilton Head Invitational. To my surprise I actually pinpointed what part of the issue was. Turns out that my hands were way out of position. It took me about 20 swings to figure it out, but once I moved my hands in my set up I started striking the ball much be with my irons. Still struggling with the driver and 3 wood, but started seeing some progress on them as well. Very positive range session.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

THP all day and then got to go hit a bucket of balls at the range today. Some putting will probably come later.

Had the most productive range session I've had in a while. After I warmed up I decided to play 9 holes on the range. Tee off and based on best guess his 2nd and third shots to an imaginary number. Some bad iron shots but overall struck the ball well and really worked on 120 & in. Feels good to come away from a productive range sessions versus just banging balls.

Hit the range during slow hour at work. Mostly wedges and it felt good. Figured out toward end of my session that I was not releasing the club causing the push fades I had been seeing

Had a nice range session after work. Irons mostly. Struck the ball decently, still working on my grip change. Should be an interesting round tomorrow.

Took the day off from work. Spent the morning having one-on-one time with the three year old which did include a trip to Golfsmith to swing some of their Callaway demo clubs. Then walked 18 this afternoon...pretty good use of a day off.

FINALLY got to hit the range today for the first time since the end of October. It went pretty well considering the long layoff. Ball striking was pretty good with the irons but pretty much everything was left of center and my hybrids were still hooking uncontrollably just like they did last fall - I'm not sure why.

I hit a few with the new driver and they felt and sounded good. I think this is going to be a good year.

24 holes of golf. Can't stop thinking about things.

66 degrees outside today is the greatest thing ever. The wind can bite me, but come on. GOLF WEATHER!

Range and short game work. Also shopped for some apparel.

Hit 2 buckets of balls and played 18, both went pretty good for this time of year.

I think I might have done one of the most important things I could have done for my game today. I took today off.

No swing drills, no reading, no practicing. I slept in, relaxed, lounged around, took a nap, did pushups, and aside from some THP-ing, which mostly centered around looking at and commenting on the very cool stuff THP has got coming. OK, I watched that Leadbetter video on iron striking. I briefly pondered squeezing in a range session after that. I think that's the most golf-centric thing I did today.

Rest is important. Not just physical, but mental. Being able to take today off has, I think, been pretty beneficial. We'll see as I roll into the weekend.

No reason to push and get burnt out. It's good to take some days off.

I walked 9 after work.

Nothing. Watched Vols

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

9 holes after work (I love having a membership and being able to walk onto the course without paying!) 6 of which where with Canadan. Back was really stiff after walking 18 yesterday but I managed to make it through.

Played 18 holes today in sat comp. It was par competition over three rounds but only the best two count, I missed the first one but played today and will play next week. I finished today +4 on par so happy with that.

Went to the range for a couple hours and got ball fitted by Bridgestone Pro at the range! Interesting stuff, I was hitting the Bridgestone B330RX longer and straighter than my Taylormade Lethals and TP5s. I guess numbers don't lie.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Said to hell with my finger and went to the range. I would be lying if I said it wasn't painful but it felt good to be outside and hitting golf balls.

Does thinking about ways to ditch Disney for a round of golf count? We passed two course on our way in.

Hit balls for a while, tried to work on my hip turn, i get lazy and sway, putted for about 45 minutes, working on rocking my shoulders

Just THP and some golf purchases today. I'm giving my back a day off as it's still sore and standing up at work for 8 hours doesn't help!

Some THP and some putting practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booked a tee time for tomorrow, cleaned the sticks and of course THP'd FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Two large buckets of range balls.

Some range time and played 18 with Golf4life.

Demo Dayyyyyyyy! I'm feeling it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back