Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

I'm in the same boat depke! I can't wait to get out there and hit it over a few greens haha

I think you will have just that. IMO, the 18* pro head would've also accomplished that as well, these are just so long and easy to get in the air.

Yeah I was pondering the 18*, but it is sooo hard to say no to a little more (hopefully at least) distance. :D Now it is just this pesky waiting!

Distance gap alert!!! Sheesh! These things are so "RIDONKULONG" that I now have a huge distance gap between my 5 iron and 4 hybrid. Crap! 5 iron is about 190-ish, this four hybrid is 220-225! Good gracious. I had a shot of 176 into a stiff wind on a par 3 yesterday where my 5 iron would've come-up short, so I hit the 4 hybrid (pro)... Airmailed the green. Yikes. I need to go with a 5 iron, a 5 hybrid, and the 4 hybrid... Crap!

Sorry if this has already been discussed but what kind of shaft comes in the X2 Hot? The Callaway site shows it's their own make but I thought I saw it was an Aldilla shaft somewhere.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Sorry if this has already been discussed but what kind of shaft comes in the X2 Hot? The Callaway site shows it's their own make but I thought I saw it was an Aldilla shaft somewhere.

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Regular comes with Aldila Tour Blue and Pro comes with Tour Green.

This club is just long.

I used the 18* off the tee a few times today. Definitely in the 240-245 range all day. It will get sideways on you if you put a terrible swing on the ball. But, this club really wants to fly towards the target -- and far.

I was really impressed how high I hit this and how easy it was to hit off the turf yesterday. Distance was evident when I hit it back to back vs the Karsten too. If I lunge it goes way left though, which is 100% my fault, but still something I'll need to keep an eye on.

Used my 18 degree a few times in my round yesterday. It was stupidly long. Longer than I expected. I overshot two greens by a lot. I also dropped a few in certain places and it is still long. Out of rough, now problem, fescue, no problem, really crappy lies no problem. I let my dad try it on a hole, he was around 205 out with wind in his face. Hit hit a missile and stuck it 15 feet from the pin and then tried to put it in his bag. I think he wants one now too.

Can the X2 Hot Hybrid be bent upright a couple degrees? I can't change the lie on my Adams..titanium

I am wishing I had two of these right now. I used the 4h quite a bit off the tee today on holes out to 360 yards and found some good success. Wouldn't mind another 15 yards though, because it's really easy to hit.

I am wishing I had two of these right now. I used the 4h quite a bit off the tee today on holes out to 360 yards and found some good success. Wouldn't mind another 15 yards though, because it's really easy to hit.
Have you considered a 2-hybrid in this line?
or you could go with the 3-hybrid with a 2-hybrid shaft, although I would prefer a 2-hybrid with a 3-hybrid shaft.

It's crossed my mind, but I've not had great success with 2 hybrids. I do get some good height out of this one though.

3h off the tee was money for me in HHI. Even with a wonky swing, I could count on putting the 3h generally where I wanted with some nice distance.

It's crossed my mind, but I've not had great success with 2 hybrids. I do get some good height out of this one though.
What about the 18° hybrid with a 3-hybrid length shaft.

3h off the tee was money for me in HHI. Even with a wonky swing, I could count on putting the 3h generally where I wanted with some nice distance.

I put a couple left, but that's the move I'm working on getting rid of with the instructor. When it was good it was very good and even the lefties weren't out of the ballpark or anything.

What about the 18° hybrid with a 3-hybrid length shaft.

It's not so much the length as it the loft for me. I just don't get a ton of ball height on lower lofted hybrids. Would need to demo it first for sure.

I've almost pulled the trigger on a couple of these multiple times. They look awesome and everyone seems to love them.

Worth a shot Matt. The shape sets up very nicely at address. Feel is great.

I need to make sure I get the right set. I'm thinking the 18 and 20 will do what I want, gapping wise. If the added length is true I'll probably drop my 3w and 5w from the bag.

Not sure how well you get along with that RBZ, but I have doubts that the 18 will keep up with it.

Not sure how well you get along with that RBZ, but I have doubts that the 18 will keep up with it.
Very true. I hit it in the 250-260 range. My Speedblade 4 iron has taken over my 4h's spot and I would have room to add the 18 and 20 without dropping the 3w.

There ya go.

Very true. I hit it in the 250-260 range. My Speedblade 4 iron has taken over my 4h's spot and I would have room to add the 18 and 20 without dropping the 3w.

I'd try them out. That seems to make sense with the distance gaps, but some people have been hitting the X2Hot hybrids some crazy distances.

That's what I've heard. I hit my 24 callaway razr hybrid about 215 so that 18 degree might creep into that 240-250 range.

3 and 4 are both in my bag for one more round tomorrow and if they work like they did today, they will not be leaving. It took me 4 years to change hybrids, as I loved my previous 3 hybrid, but this thing is a rocket launcher.

3 and 4 are both in my bag for one more round tomorrow and if they work like they did today, they will not be leaving. It took me 4 years to change hybrids, as I loved my previous 3 hybrid, but this thing is a rocket launcher.

Stupid easy off the deck?

Back