#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Tournament at my golf course so I am at the back end of the driving range putting in some serious practice?⛳

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little, I haven't played a round yet and my home course did some major irrigation and drainage work over the winter (still working on it) so I'm curious to see how it is out there.

How are they around you?

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Closed. Actually the front 9 of a course close to me opened yesterday. There's a very select few open about an hour away. But all of them still have some snow and a lot of mud.

Closed. Actually the front 9 of a course close to me opened yesterday. There's a very select few open about an hour away. But all of them still have some snow and a lot of mud.

That stinks. Most around me are closed too, but mine stays open all winter as long as there's no snow

That stinks. Most around me are closed too, but mine stays open all winter as long as there's no snow

Nice that's awesome

I snuck in some golf yesterday. I was going to play 9 but only got 7 in before it was too dark. Started with 3 pars, ended up 6 over through 7. 2 of the pars came courtesy of two good chips leaving kick in putts. One double was from my inability to get off the tee. It was so saturated it was like hitting out of a puddle, and I couldn't commit to the tee shot. Other double was from going after a sucker pin and taking a penalty. This was my first time on this course, so I won't make that mistake again. Driver was my normal fade, not much distance with the conditions though. Irons and wedges were pretty solid, aside from the one I lost. Feeling pretty good about it, but there's still work to be done!

Loving all the work and all the progress in here!

My round at Chambers Bay with some THPers in 2 weeks should be a really good indication of where my game is at heading into The King and tell me exactly what I need to focus on prior to Championsgate.

Reviewed the Championsgate hole by hole guides again this morning. For those that have played it, what is the property like in terms of elevation change? Is it mostly flat or rolling hills? Is the property similar to Reunion in that aspect which is not far away?

Reviewed the Championsgate hole by hole guides again this morning. For those that have played it, what is the property like in terms of elevation change? Is it mostly flat or rolling hills? Is the property similar to Reunion in that aspect which is not far away?
I don't remember much elevation change, but then again I only played each course once.

I don't remember much elevation change, but then again I only played each course once.

There is a little bit here and there. Not a tom, but enough to make you think.

Mostly flat, couples holes that have either a raised tee box or an elevated green. Seems to mostly be on the back 9 of the national come to think of it

Well that was interesting... it's 40° out with 30mph winds and the course was jam packed when I got there. I decided instead to hit the practice hole and work on wedges around the green and out to 70yds. 3 hrs later and I'm feeling really good about my wedge setup and my green side work. Still need some practice in the 30-70 range though. Might head back out after lunch.

Oh boy fellas. Just because people tell you that you have a nice looking swing doesn't mean it's true! I have got A LOT of work to do. I have a good amount of issues, mostly caused by my backswing.

I don't get behind the ball at all, my left shoulder dips a lot at the start, my right arm drops below my left super early, super flat and laid off at the top, casting the club, just to name a few.

Working on starting my left shoulder laterally, and keeping separation between my right arm and torso to keep it above my left arm. I was really struggling trying to keep my left shoulder from dipping way down. It is really difficult for me for some reason to move it more lateral. That and my right arm will be my main focus right now. Have a tentative lesson scheduled for next Saturday. Wife doesn't know yet so we'll see what happens :D

Nice to see everyone grinding it out. Finally finished the firepit for the wifey so if I can move tomorrow I will be at the range or course getting ready for #TheKing!

thanks Buddy! Curious if my captain will put us head to head....

That would be fun. Beating the other half of Bigtime/Buck to complete the job

Completely different property, flat with bunkers. Lots of bunkers, Pot, fairway, green side. Lots of bunkers on both courses.

Completely different property, flat with bunkers. Lots of bunkers, Pot, fairway, green side. Lots of bunkers on both courses.

Sounds like a Panda tip on fairway bunker play may be in order!

Sounds like a Panda tip on fairway bunker play may be in order!

Take an additional club, keep lower body quiet and swing the arms through

Welp. H2O falling from the sky today. Looks like my #King prep will consist of birdieball putting and vicarious living thru final round coverage of Bay Hill.

I hope you guys have better weather today!

Welp. H2O falling from the sky today. Looks like my #King prep will consist of birdieball putting and vicarious living thru final round coverage of Bay Hill.

I hope you guys have better weather today!

Same here. Light drizzle over cast weather plus they are having a tournament at my golf course this afternoon. Four day of practicing in a row without playing golf. I spent an hour chipping today and really felt good about that part of my game when I left. I hit range balls for an hour and putted for 30 minutes. So much practice and no time on the course however I will be ready to pass my test with my golf coach next week. :bomb:

We have some fun practice rounds on our schedules for Thursday & Friday. We need the Panda & War Eagle to join us. ? Maybe JB could hop in there with us too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friday is a def. for me and rounds with everyone. Do we have an extra round thread

Back