Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

This is an understatement. I can't get over how much I like the sound of this club.

Sounds like maybe the 588 but on steroids?

Sounds like maybe the 588 but on steroids?

Not sure. I really liked the 588, but have never had it in the bag for a considerable time. This feels a bit less head heavy than that, and does feel a bit more forgiving towards the toe end. The 588 is very playable from many many lies which I love.

JB, is this the hybrid out of your bag I hit on the range Friday in Hilton Head?

It is. You hit the 3 hybrid I believe.

Perfect, Thank you. This hybrid has the perfect combination of a penetrating ball flight that is hot off the face with a ball that hangs in the air and lands softly. Very dynamic combo.

I played the 3h off the tee of a super tight par 5 today since all my possible driver distances had trouble. I was the only one with a ball in the fairway. 3h-3h-chip-putt. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a 3 hybrid the other week to go along with the 4. 250yds and its 40 degrees out and crappy goose poop covered fairways. These clubs just amaze me. Driver hasn't been agreeing with me lately so these are getting tons of use off the tee. My Bertha 5 wood is only a few yards longer, but I'll take the consistency of these hybrids. Especially from the fairway or rough.

Hit the x2hot 4h today, hot is a good name for these. Stupid long!

I really enjoyed playing this club over the weekend. The shape and look at address is quite a bit different than I am used to but this thing is crazy long.

I really enjoyed playing this club over the weekend. The shape and look at address is quite a bit different than I am used to but this thing is crazy long.

I know what you mean about completely different look/head design from last years XHot line, but you're right, these are insanely long.

I hit this hybrid in HH and it's better than the first. And the xhot pro was the truth

Just hit these last night, the non-pro version, against my current hybrids. The 24° was longer than my current 21° hybrid. Loved the feel too, but it's going to create a new gap in my bag that I'll need to fill.

I did notice a decent size gap from 4h to my 5 iron last time out. Seemed like this one held the wind better than the iron as well, which would probably tie in to the low-ish spin it creates for me. I was seriously excited with some of the things I saw, though of course now I'm wondering should I have gone 3h/5h to gap a little better and get a few more yards off the tee. Never ending cycle.

Just hit these last night, the non-pro version, against my current hybrids. The 24° was longer than my current 21° hybrid. Loved the feel too, but it's going to create a new gap in my bag that I'll need to fill.

I was worried about that gap too. I went with the 4pro hybrid and it fits relatively nicely after my 4iron. Definitely a bomber.

I have the 3 and 4 as well. I have only played once with them. Still waiting for my new irons to get here. Did notice a gap with current gamers but hoping the Apex 5i will fill the gap.

I was worried about that gap too. I went with the 4pro hybrid and it fits relatively nicely after my 4iron. Definitely a bomber.

I doubt I'll ever give up my 17° 4w so I'm thinking just a 4h X2Hot to replace the 19° 3h & 21° 4h Rescue 11s that I currently have in my bag. This would let me put 4 wedges back in my bag. If I end up with a big gap from the X2Hot 4h and my 5 iron, I can always add the X2Hot 5h.

It has heen said before and ill repeat. The 4 hybrid in this line will replace the gap of your old 3 hybrid and so on. These are so long!

I doubt I'll ever give up my 17° 4w so I'm thinking just a 4h X2Hot to replace the 19° 3h & 21° 4h Rescue 11s that I currently have in my bag. This would let me put 4 wedges back in my bag. If I end up with a big gap from the X2Hot 4h and my 5 iron, I can always add the X2Hot 5h.

Yeah that 23° should cover those pretty nicely for you. Then add a 5 deep for that 4 wood and youll be in great shape.

Yeah that 23° should cover those pretty nicely for you. Then add a 5 deep for that 4 wood and youll be in great shape.

No 5Deep for us leftys.

hit these twice at the PGA Superstore, the 3H stiff is longer than my old 17 degree Adams XTD and much more forgiving..I must have been doing something wrong as after a winter layoff they are not supposed to be this easy to hit... want to hit the Titleist 913H and SLDR hybrid just to be sure, but think I'm going to be bringing home the 3 and 4 this weekend after I figure out if I need the stiff or regular flex

I also have a 16 deg x2hot pro hybrid that carried only slightly shorter than my 5deep.

Actually, now I'm thinking about replacing my 4w and two hybrids with a BB 3w and 5w and 22° X2Hot hybrid. That should cover all gaps at the long end of the bag. I haven't hit the BB fairway yet though. Sounds like I need to swing by the shop on my way home again tonight.

Question for those that have these already. Are you able to choke up on these to knock of ~10 yards somewhat reliably? That's a go to shot for me with my current 4H.

Hawk, the 3/5 combo sounds interesting. I'm still on a buying freeze but planning on doing some reorganization once I can get some time with my pro & fitter.

Back