Are you a fast or slow?

Are you a fast or slow?

• Might as well put me on the clock now.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Howzat

I'd Rather Be At The Hideaway
Reaction score
Just curious as how eveybody goes about their round. I would consider myself a fairly quick but I would like to move a bit faster. I usually do not take any practice swings but is takes me a few seconds to feel comfortable with my stance and alignment. I would really like to just step in and swing as my results appear to be better when I do so. How about you? Do you take a lot of practice swings? Have a long waggle or other routine to get through?

Inb4nobodyadmitstobeingslow

If I'm playing solo and have few groups in front of me, I'm usually done in under 2:30. If no one's in front of me, I flirt with 2 hours. All kinda depends.

Im usually pretty fast since I almost always play in the late afternoon. As long as I can get a rhythm going I usually play half decent and can enjoy my round. I can usually get around in at least 3:30, sometimes faster if I'm alone. I don't mind slowing it down if I'm playing with other people but I start to lose my enjoyment a bit if I have to wait on the group in front on every single hole on a crowded Saturday morning.

I like rounds under 3hrs
I should probably take more time and get in a better preshot routine

I take one swing, step behind to check the line, and hit it. So not as fast as some here, but definitely not slow. Playing by myself if I don't have to wait, I can do around 3 hours - but I've only ever had that kind of luck once or twice. I can't imagine playing in 2:30 or faster, that's insane.

Played with a few THPers, so I know there are some guys who can move a little faster and others that are quite slow. I am curious to see how Team Paradise answers this questions as it could play a role in pairings.

Carrying, by myself, empty course, I can get a round done in about 3:15. My dogs are barking by then, though. And that's shooting about a 95-100. Would like to think I can break 2:45 or so if I'm shooting in the 80's. A guy can dream.

Actually just realized I have a timer on my GolfLogix rounds so I can say for sure.

My last five 18's have been:

3:29 (alone, but trying to savor a beautiful day. Also, cart path only :bad:)
2:38 (alone, racing the sun)
3:23 (front alone, back w/ storm bearing down, joining another group, and foursome In front.)
3:00 (alone)
3:44 (walking w/ a buddy)

hows that for data?

I was actually talking to my regular playing partner about this the other day. I'm a pretty fast player, distance, line hit and when I get in a tournament I tend to play a lot worse because i get out of my rhythm. I don't know who said it earlier but if I can get a round in at about the three hour mark I'm in heaven

I like rounds under 3hrs
I should probably take more time and get in a better preshot routine

Totally agree. We also only have one car, so there is a teensy bit of guilt for me too.

You'll be hard pressed to ever find a slow player or one that doesn't fix every pitch mark on every green......

I wouldn't say I'm lightning fast, but I'm faster than most of the people I play with, and tend to try to push the pace. I find if I don't take a practice swing, things just feel wrong to me. I've tried to go without the practice swing, but that hasn't gone well.

I'm not the fastest over the ball, though far from slow as well. I male up my time in walking. I'm usually the first to arrive at the next tee or green. Don't like to waste time walking.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm a fast player for sure. I never take to much time over my shots. With my GPS watch I'm played even faster because I don't have to search for yardages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm fast enough.

I walk fast and play at a decent speed on the greens, but I have also find that when I play with some friends and there is no one out there it can go two ways- a 3:30 round or it could be a 4:30 round.

Faster than a speeding bullet. Still workin' on that "leap tall buildings in a single bound" thing though :act-up:

I do not like standing around waiting; probably best ever was Cliffs- Walnut Cove in about 2:20 as a twosome (first off the tee in am)

I like to play ready golf. If you're not ready, I am.

Round times have so many factors. I am curious what the average time it takes from when I get to the ball until I get back into the cart or start moving to the next shot. I understand nobody wants to admit to being slow but they are out there.

I lose interest if pace of play is too slow. My ideal round would be the first group out and playing in 3 hours.

faster then most i would say...i have walked 9 holes in 1hr flat before.

Meh. I'm slower than I am fast. As long as I'm not spraying balls everywhere, though, I certainly keep pace. I'm a deliberate player, but I would not consider myself a "slow" player.

Ultimately, haters gonna hate.

I play 18 holes in under 3 hrs .. Would love to be done in a hour and half.. I'm super fast.. Only Practice swings are on the green. Ready golf.. Meet you by the green ready. When your a newer father .. You have to be aggressive, or you will have to find a new hobby . So yes, speed golf to the 1000 power. And I play better fast.. No thinking .. Just doing

Back