Top 60 TV Series of All Time

Suits is a great show!

Sopranos, Californication, Entourage

Bubbling under: Friends, Coupling (british), Walking Dead, Band of Brothers

Band of Brothers is simply amazing but that doesn't really fit the criteria I don't think.

I still watch that entire series about every 6 months. That's when men were men.

Last edited:
Band of Brothers is simply amazing but that doesn't really fir the criteria I don't think.

I still watch that entire series about every 6 months. That's when men were men.

Have you watched Generation Kill?

Also fantastic and topical.

I have not. Will check it out.

A rolling stone journalist rode with the marine force recon during the invasion of Baghdad. Pretty darn good mini series.

Wow, some great shows. Really hard to pick, but I would have to say:

1. MASH

2. Friends

3. Big Bang Theory (IMO, currently the best written show on tv right now)

4. Sopranos

5. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1: The Sopranos

2: Breaking Bad

3: The Walking Dead

4: Sons Of Anarchy

5: The Wire

6: Entourage

Methinks I'll go on a DVD binge of all these shows!

Breaking Bad, Lost and either Vikings or Sons of Anarchy

Love seeing Monty Python's Flying Circus make the list. LOVE that show. I wish Parks and Recreation had made it though. I do think appreciation for that show will grow with time though, the ratings aren't as high as they should be with it frequently going up against Big Bang Theory, which is a shame.

Miami Vice
Sanford & Son
Sopranos

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The fact that Arrested Development is not on the list tells me that the entire list is invalid.

Agree 100%. Better than 98% of the shows on that list.

There's a ton of awesome shows but for me there's only a few that have 6 seasons or more without a single bad episode (imo).

1. Top Gear (UK)
2. The Office (US)

1. SHERLOCK
2. GAME OF THRONES
3. SPARTACUS
4. WALKING DEAD

had to do four as #3 & #4 are pretty much equal to me.

HMM. Never watched the Wire. Couldn't even tell you what it's about. Maybe I should check it out if it's regarded so highly.

For me, personally, the top 3 are as follows:

1. Sopranos (1999-2007)
2. Battlestar Galactica (2004-2009)
3. The X-Files (1993-2002) - mostly because Gillian Anderson is hot!

Has anyone been watching The Blacklist? Great series so far.

I think Scandal will eventually make the list. While it was more of a mini-series, I think Roots was a powerful program. Personally, I think I Love Lucy has to be at the top of any list. It has been on in some fashion for almost 60 years. I can remember a scene from the movie Crocodile Dundee, when he turns on the TV at the Plaza. I Love Lucy comes on and Dundee says, yea that's the show I saw.

I am only 29... but my goodness. Still to this day, Saved By The Bell makes me smile like none other.

Of all time? Then you have to consider time on the air as some validation. In no particular order.

1) Sid Ceasar's Show of Shows. Was on for 10 years, 39 shows a year back then. Mel Brooks, Carl Reiner among the writers.
2) Dick Van Dyke Show. Still classic.
3) I Love Lucy/The Lucy Show
4) the Odd Couple
5) Mash
6) All in the Family
7) Friends
8) Star Trek TNG
9) the Mary Tyler Moore Show
10) The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.
11) NYPD Blue

Many more.

Back