The Grill/Grilling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to this thread, back in a house with a garden after eight years in flats, already scoped out some options and got some bbq tools for Christmas....

buguguzu.jpg

March Madness grilling party!

What's going on the grill for March Madness in Kansas?

Burgers, hot dogs, and Shock Top beer

Watched the Tigers Exhibition game today, and Grilled up some Brats! Even had the grilled peppers and onions to go with it!

I also just bought a pizza stone for my big green egg today, Cant wait to use that sucker!

Watched the Tigers Exhibition game today, and Grilled up some Brats! Even had the grilled peppers and onions to go with it!

I also just bought a pizza stone for my big green egg today, Cant wait to use that sucker!

Man those eggs are the best. Starting to see a lot of the competition making similar products and the prices coming down as well.

The Grill/Grilling thread

We love to grill on the weekends when the weather is nice. We love our Weber one touch gold 22.5 in charcoal setup. Just can't get that true grilled flavor from gas. Wouldn't mind one for quicker grilling during the week, but when time isn't a factor, I don't think charcoal can be beat.

Last edited:
We love to grill on the weekends when the weather is nice. We love our Weber one touch gold 22.5 in charcoal setup. Just can't get that true grilled flavor from gas. Wouldn't mind one for quicker grilling during the week, but when time isn't a factor, I don't think charcoal can be beat.

The time thing is killing me. Thinking about putting my whole charcoal rig up for sale and going for a natural gas option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charcoal grilled a sirloin and some new potatoes tonight. Out of propane and lucky to have the Weber for backup.

Charcoal grilled a sirloin and some new potatoes tonight. Out of propane and lucky to have the Weber for backup.
I started keeping around a spare propane tank!

Here's my "what's on the deck"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395537936.483476.jpg

My family and I have been on a grilled pizza kick for the last couple of month's. We buy the dough from Publix, sauce is Rao's pizza sauce and the toppings are up to all pepperoni , onions, sausage, green pepper, etc. It is the best tasting pizza I have ever eaten and a whole lot cheaper. We use a pizza stone and crank up the heat. 2min's and a turn then another 2min's and the best pizza ever.

pizza1b_zps4c68d2ca.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

pizza-2b_zps8d444a9f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

that pizza looks extremely good

My family and I have been on a grilled pizza kick for the last couple of month's. We buy the dough from Publix, sauce is Rao's pizza sauce and the toppings are up to all pepperoni , onions, sausage, green pepper, etc. It is the best tasting pizza I have ever eaten and a whole lot cheaper. We use a pizza stone and crank up the heat. 2min's and a turn then another 2min's and the best pizza ever.

pizza1b_zps4c68d2ca.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

pizza-2b_zps8d444a9f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
YUUUUUUUM!!!

Has anyone upgraded to an infrared grill? What do you think of it? My current is still fine, but have been wondering what IF brings to the table and if worthwhile.

Holy crap that pizza looks amazing. This thread makes me simultaneously happy (because I love grilling things and I love food) and sad (because my apartment doesn't allow grills). Right now I make do with a Cuisinart griddler thingy, but it's not even in the same universe as a real grill.

We have an infrared grill, we love it. It gets to temp quickly and cooks evenly.

Thanks GG. Did you research brands before buying? I'm sure not all are equal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sold my whole charcoal setup on craigslist and will hopefully get some spare time this weekend to go pick up a new grill. Pretty excited for that.

We have the infrared as well and a pizza stone is next. I am so hungry now, but have lost 12 pounds and not gonna ruin it. Those Pizza's look amazing though.

JM

I want one of those pizza's in a big way. I'm going to see if Boston Pizza will sell me some sauce and dough I have to grill a pizza.

Put this together earlier this week !
aru5ygu6.jpg

Thanks GG. Did you research brands before buying? I'm sure not all are equal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No, we went into Lowes looking to buy a grill, found the infrared one, which happened to be on sale, so we bought it. No research, but we are very happy with it. We have had it for 3 years now I think and it's still great.

Put this together earlier this week !
aru5ygu6.jpg
I want that bad, there's also a model where it's split in thirds, one smoke, one charcoal and one gas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back