Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No MC wedge ponder for me. Apex Aw, 54 & 58 MD2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

yeah I have that setup already :alien:

yeah I have that setup already :alien:

I'd say I have it a bit easier with currently only 1 wedge option (MD2). I'm playing Canadan's 588 RTX from the MC and have enjoyed them so far. I can't comment on the CB option however.

Never swung a Mizuno driver. That's my only ponder at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't waste you time, IMO the last decent driver mizuno made was MP001 It was a beast but that was around 10 years ago

Don't waste you time, IMO the last decent driver mizuno made was MP001 It was a beast but that was around 10 years ago

Yeah I figured as much since no one ever raves about them. Have you swung the EZ or 825?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not too concerned about the Cleveland transition in July. I've used their wedges more than any others, so it will be easy. Until then, status quo.

I'm not too concerned about the Cleveland transition in July. I've used their wedges more than any others, so it will be easy. Until then, status quo.

Yeah Ive used the regular 588s for quite some time, just no time at all with the RTX line

I'm in ponder mode for what shaft I would swap out if the Big Bertha stock shaft does not pan out for me. So many choices it's confusing :beat-up:

Yeah Ive used the regular 588s for quite some time, just no time at all with the RTX line

From what I've seen, they have a similar sole to the CG15's, which were pretty good to me. I think I'll just stick with satin. I always say I'm going to get BP, but I never do.

SmartSole...?

I'm thinking 54° and 58°...but of what? I have no idea.

I'm in ponder mode for what shaft I would swap out if the Big Bertha stock shaft does not pan out for me. So many choices it's confusing :beat-up:

The stock set up is solid. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Give me Tour Trusty or give me death.

Really leaning set AW, 55, 60 now to be a bit different. But, I'll be picking my wedges based on bounce, bounce is definitely my friend.

I feel like this is your post every Friday. Lol.

The stock set up is solid. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I hope so buddy. I'll be trimming it down to 44.5 and adding a mid size grip for sure. I wish we could do that before teeing it up Saturday morning at the King. Are you Morgan Cuppers going to alter the stock version prior to the cup?

From what I've seen, they have a similar sole to the CG15's, which were pretty good to me. I think I'll just stick with satin. I always say I'm going to get BP, but I never do.

I bought the 588s in chrome before the BP was available, not sure if all options were on the table which I would have picked.

SmartSole...?

No smartsole for me

I hope so buddy. I'll be trimming it down to 44.5 and adding a mid size grip for sure. I wish we could do that before teeing it up Saturday morning at the King. Are you Morgan Cuppers going to alter the stock version prior to the cup?

We will order them custom so my Driver will be cut down. There will also likely be a custom shaft as I need to bring the spin down a bit more.

SmartSole...?

Maybe, but as time goes on I doubt it. We'll see how my sand game is come July. I'll probably stick with what I'm rocking right now for lofts.

I know mine will definitely play at 45 and possibly have a different shaft although that ponder will commence once the options are released.

We will order them custom so my Driver will be cut down. There will also likely be a custom shaft as I need to bring the spin down a bit more.

I'll be having mine cut down as well, no longer than 44.5 for me. Still unsure of exactly what I'll go with, will depend a lot on how the swing changes progress in the next couple months.

I'll be having mine cut down as well, no longer than 44.5 for me. Still unsure of exactly what I'll go with, will depend a lot on how the swing changes progress in the next couple months.

The shaft pondering is an interesting one. Based on Cobra's charts the Kiyoshi Gold or ATX Tour Blue may be able to lower the spin w/o sacrificing launch. The nice thing is that I have an Attas T2 that I know works very well for me paired with the Bio Cell +.

no more toying with 44.5 shaft for me. Had that in the AMP Cell and it was just not good. I think my current setup is about 45.25. I will probably be staying with that.

The shaft pondering is an interesting one. Based on Cobra's charts the Kiyoshi Gold or ATX Tour Blue may be able to lower the spin w/o sacrificing launch. The nice thing is that I have an Attas T2 that I know works very well for me paired with the Bio Cell +.

Tour Blue is very much a mid/mid shaft for me. Lots of people say it's tip soft, but that's not really the case, though I think some of that comes from the people trying the Callaway version since it's different. It's softer than the Tour Green, but not a true 'high launcher'.

Tour Blue is very much a mid/mid shaft for me. Lots of people say it's tip soft, but that's not really the case, though I think some of that comes from the people trying the Callaway version since it's different. It's softer than the Tour Green, but not a true 'high launcher'.

What do you think it would do as far as spin compared to something like a Red Tie?

no more toying with 44.5 shaft for me. Had that in the AMP Cell and it was just not good. I think my current setup is about 45.25. I will probably be staying with that.

Lets be honest Dean, it wasn't the length of the driver so much as the actual head on the driver for you. Just not a good fit you spinny little rascal.

What do you think it would do as far as spin compared to something like a Red Tie?

Erik, hope for the Chrome. Thats all I'm saying.

Lets be honest Dean, it wasn't the length of the driver so much as the actual head on the driver for you. Just not a good fit you spinny little rascal.

Erik, hope for the Chrome. Thats all I'm saying.

Chrome would be sweet. I need Matrix to come up with something in between the black tie and red tie.

Dean needs to hit the Bio Cell+.

I think you might find some parallels there, but in my experience the TB feels light years better.

I think you might find some parallels there, but in my experience the TB feels light years better.

Very interesting. I should have spent more time with the ATX Green that came in JB's Marble Bio Cell+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back