The Journey To Lake Charles - THP Invitational Trip Diary

amenates.jpg

Went from 70 to 45 and STILL can't see. Lots of lightning, this is a good ol FL thunderstorm that drops right on your head.

Alright Michael, the buffet thing, eh, I can let that one slide.

But 1 Krispy Kreme doughnut? ONE?!? Come on dude, that's blasphemy right there. If you can't polish off a solid dozen then you just aren't cut from the right stuff. And you call yourself a captain.

A dozen of those is just asking for diabeetus. I don't like the feeling afterwards.

amenates.jpg

Went from 70 to 45 and STILL can't see. Lots of lightning, this is a good ol FL thunderstorm that drops right on your head.

Hoping it's gone by time I get there, where you fellas at?

e6unu6as.jpg

Made friends in our little parking lot

#cantsee

We're in Baton Rouge. Severe thunderstorm warning... Thanks weather channel. Didn't know that.

We're in Baton Rouge. Severe thunderstorm warning... Thanks weather channel. Didn't know that.

I'm coming up on Baton Rouge from the north, I see the storm. Be careful

How's traffic moving?

I'm coming up on Baton Rouge from the north, I see the storm. Be careful

How's traffic moving?

40mph with hazards on. You really should be looking at the road and not the phone here shortly as it's really right over Baton Rouge

40mph with hazards on. You really should be looking at the road and not the phone here shortly as it's really right over Baton Rouge
Stay safe guys. I would imagine the Sprinter feels that wind pretty good.

Baton Rouge traffic always is horrible if you can manage it take 190 west to Opelousas than drop down 49 south to Lafayette. Plus that will keep you off the Basin bridge if there's an accident ever on it there are no exits and no alternate route once you're on it

Stay safe guys. I would imagine the Sprinter feels that wind pretty good.

Creepy part is there's no wind at all.

OH GOOD IT GOT HEAVIER

Edit: 100ft visibility at best

Please be safe guys. Pull over if you need to, just get there in one piece.

We're good now, the heavier was just the tail end. Just sprinkling now but we also just caught traffic due to an accident on I-10W

That weather can creep up on you in a hurry. That is one long track across I-10. Drive safe fellas!

We're good now, the heavier was just the tail end. Just sprinkling now but we also just caught traffic due to an accident on I-10W

Sadly, when there is rain there are accidents. Hopefully you can get past that quickly. Glad you are out of the bad rain.

You guys should pull over for 20-30 minutes for gas, food, restroom etc.

#ChasingDownTheTourVan

Sadly, when there is rain there are accidents. Hopefully you can get past that quickly. Glad you are out of the bad rain.

I think we're about to pass it. FREAKIN RUBBERNECKERS. Went from 10 mph passing a minor fenderbender back up to 60. Jerks

Continue the safe travels guys! Thanks for the updates too!

JM

ureba3az.jpg

Someone brought their own cart for the event?

I hope it's not suppose to rain all day for you guys???

I hope it's not suppose to rain all day for you guys???

Nope, this stuff was light over Lake Charles around 2:30 as I was headbutting the wall going to the bathroom.

On a fun note...
ujysuvuz.jpg

Nope, this stuff was light over Lake Charles around 2:30 as I was headbutting the wall going to the bathroom.

On a fun note...
ujysuvuz.jpg

There goes them Callaway boys!

Dang bridgestone bringing a bigger tank than Callaways?

Back