#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Just caught up on the goings on in here from last night...dang, gotta love the live update thread and the total score shamble! Freakin sweet! I seriously can't even take it anymore waiting for this thing!

And yeah, strategizing is beginning for the Chad brigade...be afraid, Harry. Be very afraid. :deadhorse:

Last year you said something to me right after your final round of #THPMC
I wont repeat that because it was a moment of emotion and there is no reason to rehash.

I took those things to heart and this 2014 schedule that we have planned was done to mimic those words. While I give you sh!t for your winter and such, you are directly one of the reasons we have planned what we have. And this event is no different. We have some special things lined up and I wont say things are going to blow you away or anything of the sort, but just little things that we think will make this something even more special than it already is.

Making me blush and no it's not a tattoo! I meant what I said to you after that round on Sunday and what I said at the celebration. Thp has always made every event special in one way or another. And honestly you'd get sell outs without because of all the great people that are here. But I have always appreciated everything you and Morgan do. And I know already from what's planned this event is gonna blow my socks off. I'm stoked and looking forward to it more than you know! Plus I got my Vegas roomie back! Even if he prob won't be trying to keep up with my drinking again this trip. Hahaha

Recent "Most Tweets from the Course" winner checking in. Did someone say live update thread? :D

Making me blush and no it's not a tattoo! I meant what I said to you after that round on Sunday and what I said at the celebration. Thp has always made every event special in one way or another. And honestly you'd get sell outs without because of all the great people that are here. But I have always appreciated everything you and Morgan do. And I know already from what's planned this event is gonna blow my socks off. I'm stoked and looking forward to it more than you know! Plus I got my Vegas roomie back! Even if he prob won't be trying to keep up with my drinking again this trip. Hahaha

I'll let you take team chad out for drinks the first couple nights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This tender moment with the captain of the Philly roller derby team is nice. You girls come down here and take your medicine.

Yes we did. I ended up beating Nate but it was his first time playing at all this year. Butt maybe more interesting is what happened on one of the holes we played and how match play changed my decisions in a bad way.

It was on a short par 4, normally plays about 275 but pin was up and tees were up so I lasered it at only 255 yards I believe. Nate layed up with an iron and caught it fat leaving him a long way in. I hit another good hybrid right up the middle to probably 20 yards from the green (elevated green guarded by bunkers I was just short of). Nate then proceeded to catch his next shot chunky and left himself still out about 120 yards. Well, he proceeds to hit his third shot to 6 freakin inches from the cup!

So now I get up to my ball and I'm thinking, I have to birdie this hole to win it. Stupid thing is, I'm up 3 or 4 holes in the match at this point, so the proper match play thought should have been, "great shot by Nate, let me chip to middle of the green and half the hole". The pin was tucked on the front of the green past the bunker, so from where I was would take a risky shot to get it close. I stupidly tried to hit the risky flop shot and came up short of the green right up against the bunker. Now I chipped on to where I should of in the first place leaving me about 25 feet for par. I subsequently missed the putt and lost the hole with a bogie.

Really a mental mistake here. The shot was 50/50 at best and I should only have attempted it if I were down in the match. If I was even or up (as was the case), I should have accepted a half of the hole as an acceptable outcome and moved on. Lesson learned!!!

I highly recommend to my other team mates (and even team Chad) to get in some match play this month. There is a mind set you need for match play that is different than stroke play.
Just got caught up on the last few days in this thread, and this might be my favorite post of all. There's a huge lesson in here about match play--one that I learned the hard way at the Gauntlet.

I may just print this post and read it every day until it's engrained.

Anyone that can grab some match play games between now and the King, will be better prepared for sure.

And my second favorite post? LIVE.UPDATE.THREAD!

Just got caught up on the last few days in this thread, and this might be my favorite post of all. There's a huge lesson in here about match play--one that I learned the hard way at the Gauntlet.

I may just print this post and read it every day until it's engrained.

Anyone that can grab some match play games between now and the King, will be better prepared for sure.

And my second favorite post? LIVE.UPDATE.THREAD!

Hey buddy....nice post.

Hey buddy....nice post.
I'd thank that post, but instead I'm going to kick you tomorrow in Lake Charles.

(I was talking about my match with TOAD anyway!)

4 weeks until night golf at the Omni, and the beginning of this epic battle for the throne.

I. AM. EXCITE!!!

Got out to the range for 1.5 hours after work tonight. Worked a ton on < 100 yards with the SC100 random mode. Best score was a 92/100 for 10 shots. Definitely improving in this area this year.

Also spent more time on the driver, getting the 80% swing thoughts through my thick scull. When I stay in tempo, results are excellent. Here's one of my better swings tonight:

Now I just need to start bringing it to the course consistenly, and I can make good use of the half wedges I've been working on.

4 weeks to #theKing gentlemen! Let's do work!

Dang, hell of a poke there G4L!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

G4L hitting bombs!

Dang, hell of a poke there G4L!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

G4L hitting bombs!

It must be #theKing adrenaline. And honestly, I can't wait to see how much extra i can get with the BBA in 4 weeks!

Might even get in the same zip code as the Buck bombs that are sure to come.

Well I just spent the better half of 30 minutes catching up on this thread. I have to admit I only pop in every now and them to see what great things are going on for the #king. It's great to see all participants putting in the hard work on the course, range, and mental components of your game. Those shirts for the event are SWEET!!!! I can't wait for this one to kick off fellas!!!

#ImStillWithChad

I currently have 3 lessons left before the king (unless I sneak in an extra one, possibly on a Sunday). After my awe ha moment last week, and a lot of work this week, I hit my irons tonight better than I ever have in my life. Granted, this was on a simulator, but it was killing my 6, 7, and 8 irons. Next lesson we are going to play some complete holes and take a look at the complete game. I hope this carries through, and I don't revert to bad habits in Florida. We also worked on longer clubs off the deck, which I have been actually hitting very well lately. We still made a slight adjustment, which will hopefully make it even better. If this keeps up, I will have to evaluate my distances when I get to Florida. Good thing we have a range and a couple of practice rounds. I'm ready to get on a plane.

THP #theking #imwithchad

With Lake Charles teeing off this morning, this bad boy is officially on deck!! Good luck everyone and I'll be looking forward to following along with this one

We had almost an inch of rain yesterday so course is saturated. Got in an hour of shortgame work this morning. Grabbing lunch in the clubhouse to be followed by range time off mats. Playing a course tomorrow with Bermuda greens that. I've probably only played that course 4 times and it's been at least a year. Should be a good judge of what I need to work on this upcoming week. Have a lesson scheduled for Thursday.

Will be playing both course with in next 1.5 week. 36 in one day. Gonna play how I think they will be setup from a tee perspective .

Figure we'll get full attention of Harry and Chad after the Masters. Maybe get Harry all wound up over the potential loss to Vidal Sassoon. #imwithchad

Will be playing both course with in next 1.5 week. 36 in one day. Gonna play how I think they will be setup from a tee perspective .

Figure we'll get full attention of Harry and Chad after the Masters. Maybe get Harry all wound up over the potential loss to Vidal Sassoon. #imwithchad
Thanks for the invite...

Give him hell Ryan! A preview of what awaits in 4 weeks! #harrynothair

Pipe down there, 'way to old' to dress like Rickie....I kid I kid. You dress good but I got nothing else on you

Sounds like our boy Freddie is gonna be ready!

#bustinrhymes

Back