Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

I'm really liking my 23*. It fits nicely yardage wise between my 6iron and 20* hybrid.

I had a shot yesterday that was 183 to the pin with wind in my face. Pulled this out thinking I could get front edge bc of the wind. I put a good swing on it and I flew it past the flag to the back fringe. Carried every bit of 180 and rolled out. I was not expecting this from this club and will need to make sure I account for the yardage my next time playing.

Anyone on the fence get off. This club along with the Adams Pro are the two best hybrids out there IMO.

I'm really liking my 23*. It fits nicely yardage wise between my 6iron and 20* hybrid.

I had a shot yesterday that was 183 to the pin with wind in my face. Pulled this out thinking I could get front edge bc if the wind. I out a good swing on it and I flew it past the flag to the bag fringe. Carried every bit of 180 and rolled out. I was not expecting this from this club and will need to make sure I account for the yardage my next time playing.

Anyone on the fence get off. This club along with the Adams Pro are the two best hybrids out there IMO.

Glad that hybo is working out for you!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I had a shot yesterday that was 183 to the pin with wind in my face. Pulled this out thinking I could get front edge bc of the wind. I put a good swing on it and I flew it past the flag to the back fringe. Carried every bit of 180 and rolled out. I was not expecting this from this club and will need to make sure I account for the yardage my next time playing.

I think it's a wind cutter dude, in addition to having some length. I seem to remember reasonably low spin numbers. I had something similar last week with a 20-30mph wind quartering at me and fighting my normal shot shape. I normally would have gone 5 iron, but decided to play it safe since being short was bad news. Ended up flying the green entirely and landing in a bunker.

My OCD needs feeding this morning. If you don't mind could you guys tell me what you 5 iron distance is and subsequently what hybrid you have and distance you get (if not already posted)?

My OCD needs feeding this morning. If you don't mind could you guys tell me what you 5 iron distance is and subsequently what hybrid you have and distance you get (if not already posted)?

I hit my 5 iron about 200 to 205. 4 iron about 215 to 220. The 20° X2 hot pro about 240 to 245. Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I don't want to say I was skeptical about this one at first, but maybe that's a reasonable way to put it. After hitting it the first time I didn't get that fuzzy feeling I guess. It's been very solid though and I can't really imagine the idea of putting the Covert Tour back in the bag. Primarily because this one goes straight, but also actually allows me to hit the ball off the turf with some confidence. Hit it both off the tee and turf with success today.

Short par 4s less than 350 yds the 3 hybo is my automatic choice. High and long with a draw spin. It's a fairway finder that's for sure.

Short par 4s less than 350 yds the 3 hybo is my automatic choice. High and long with a draw spin. It's a fairway finder that's for sure.

I'm assuming this is why you got rid of your 3 & 4 XHots for the X2Hots. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to say I was skeptical about this one at first, but maybe that's a reasonable way to put it. After hitting it the first time I didn't get that fuzzy feeling I guess. It's been very solid though and I can't really imagine the idea of putting the Covert Tour back in the bag. Primarily because this one goes straight, but also actually allows me to hit the ball off the turf with some confidence. Hit it both off the tee and turf with success today.

I would like to fit one of these into my bag this year based on what I have seen with it so far. I tried the xhot 4h today against the x2 hot 4h(mainly for the price difference), and I don't know how they did it, but the x2 is longer. Just as easy to hit, but longer.

I would like to fit one of these into my bag this year based on what I have seen with it so far. I tried the xhot 4h today against the x2 hot 4h(mainly for the price difference), and I don't know how they did it, but the x2 is longer. Just as easy to hit, but longer.

This was the club that had me intrigued the most before this season. By adding the cup face to the hybrid, they ere able to get higher ball speeds than the original X Hot hybrid.

This was the club that had me intrigued the most before this season. By adding the cup face to the hybrid, they ere able to get higher ball speeds than the original X Hot hybrid.

Well it certainly works from what I have seen. I just have to figure where it fits gap wise. With my last set of irons I could fit an x2 hot 4 and 5 hybrid in front of my 4 iron.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Spent more time today focusing on hybrid performance to set my bag. I was still undecided between the Jetspeed and X2hot (4 and 5h). Response for my swing: peak distance TM are a bit longer (due to longer shaft!) but in terms of consistency, confidence and reliability I believe X2 hot are superb clubs. I think Aldila Blue Tour is the best option for me. Great clubs overall and thanks guys for letting me know them!

Let us know how they work out for you.

I'm still wanting to put the 4h with the Blue shaft in the bag. Problem is that it is longer than my current 3h so I may have to buy the X2 Hot 5h to fill a gap.

Adam, if you can, go and get them both...you will love your 5h! Most solid club in bag

Adam, if you can, go and get them both...you will love your 5h! Most solid club in bag

That's what I'm thinking. Just with the total price tag was a little less.

Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

I wrote about buying the 3h today in the what golf stuff did you buy thread, but thought I'd add a few thoughts in this thread too.

I hit the Jetspeed, SLDR, i25, DHy, Adams Pro, X2hot, Bio Cell, and Anser today. It ended up between the Adams Pro and x2hot. I was getting very similar numbers from them, but was getting more total distance with the x2hot and I could use the extra forgiveness I was seeing in the x2hot.

The x2hot had a very distinct feel and sound at impact that I loved and the face definitely felt hot. My only concern with the x2hot is what concerns me with a lot of hybos; it feels more like a FW and I'm not sure how well it will perform out of the rough for me.

Ball flight was slightly mid to high, so was getting good roll out, and it was more forgiving for me and the feel/sound at impact was pretty special. It kind of reminds me of the impact I used to get from the X fairway woods.

One of the improvements IMO between the Xhot and X2hot is the shape of the club head and it makes it much better to line up at address. I'm not in love with the orange color theme, but whatever, when a club performs like this one, it can be Puce for all I care.

I'm excited to put it in play.

Taps away

I wrote about buying the 3h today in the what golf stuff did you buy thread, but thought I'd add a few thoughts in this thread too.

I hit the Jetspeed, SLDR, i25, DHy, Adams Pro, X2hot, Bio Cell, and Anser today. It ended up between the Adams Pro and x2hot. I was getting very similar numbers from them, but was getting more total distance with the x2hot and I could use the extra forgiveness I was seeing in the x2hot.

The x2hot had a very distinct feel and sound at impact that I loved and the face definitely felt hot. My only concern with the x2hot is what concerns me with a lot of hybos; it feels more like a FW and I'm not sure how well it will perform out of the rough for me.

Ball flight was slightly mid to high, so was getting good roll out, and it was more forgiving for me and the feel/sound at impact was pretty special. It kind of reminds me of the impact I used to get from the X fairway woods.

One of the improvements IMO between the Xhot and X2hot is the shape of the club head and it makes it much better to line up at address. I'm not in love with the orange color theme, but whatever, when a club performs like this one, it can be Puce for all I care.

I'm excited to put it in play.

Taps away

Good luck Philly. I think you will find they are great out of rough. That has been my experience so far with limited play.
I came from Taylormade rescue's and they are remarkable IMO.
As have said on this post before, I think much of the performance goes to the Tour Blue shaft.

The ball flight I get from this thing is so sexy. High-ish, but really just a piercing ball that handles wind way better than it should. It's almost impossible to hit this thing poorly. Well, that's actually a total lie, because I can hit anything poorly, but it feels like that. Just easy to swing and the ball takes off. I liked last years and I know it was a love/hate thing, but this is a big improvement and really a big change from anything Cally has done with hybrids in awhile. Philly, you are correct that it really lines up easily.

The ball flight I get from this thing is so sexy. High-ish, but really just a piercing ball that handles wind way better than it should. It's almost impossible to hit this thing poorly. Well, that's actually a total lie, because I can hit anything poorly, but it feels like that. Just easy to swing and the ball takes off. I liked last years and I know it was a love/hate thing, but this is a big improvement and really a big change from anything Cally has done with hybrids in awhile. Philly, you are correct that it really lines up easily.

I may have to try this one out. Now that I'm not terrier of hybo off deck I'm hitting the j40 mid ish launch and I think I'm leaving a few carry yards out there for the taking. This sounds like a possible remedy

It's hard for me say Mike, because I've always been a hybrid guy, but it's really really easy to swing. I can compare the 588 against it next week since I drunkenly purchased one last night.

It's hard for me say Mike, because I've always been a hybrid guy, but it's really really easy to swing. I can compare the 588 against it next week since I drunkenly purchased one last night.

Hahaha that's hilarious. I think my flight with 588 was mid ish too but man those seemed longer than my j40.

Need to get some on a LM with some 3 woods too so I can finalize bag...4 now

Back