Titleist NXT Tour S & NXT Tour Golf Balls - Product Spotlight Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice review Hawk! I have played prior versions and do like them. Not as much as Bridgestone e6 or Srixon Q stars for me but I have no issue gaming these balls.

The NXT line has always disappointed me. For a company to have such a good premium ball, it's hard to believe how bad this line has been. Every year I give a sleeve a try and see if there is any progress, but for the price range I always go other routes

The NXT line has always disappointed me. For a company to have such a good premium ball, it's hard to believe how bad this line has been. Every year I give a sleeve a try and see if there is any progress, but for the price range I always go other routes

Same here. Love the feel of the ProV's but there "lower end" balls just don't stand up to the expectations that I had of them. I'll keep gaming the B330-RX and e6 this year.

Thanks for the review. It seems 5 -7 years ago the NXT line was really solid as the 2nd tier, just below the "tour" quality balls. Now there are so many tour (urethane) optiosn out there and the 2nd level is flooded with so many other great options the NXT line has sort of been lost in the shuffle. At $34 on the shelf at the big box there are almost always another option that I will choose.

I like the NXT tour and S - they're good balls, but I find there are equivalent balls that are usually priced at the same level or lower than they are. The Q star, e6, and for urethane balls, the RBZ Urethane and Hex Chrome come to mind.

Thanks for a great spotlight, Hawk. I'm a bit surprised that this isn't offering a urethane cover, especially at that MSRP. Granted, as you said it doesn't sell for that much (found for $33.99 on a major retailer's website), balls in the same price range seem to offer a few better features, at least on paper. Would have to see a lot of really good head-to-head reviews to convince me to give these a try with so many other great balls out there.

I have never played these and picked up a dozen to test out against the project (a).

Yea, the price does present some issues if we're comparing vs some other balls in that range (or even lower). I think it would be a top tier ball at the $26 price range.

Yea, the price does present some issues if we're comparing vs some other balls in that range (or even lower). I think it would be a top tier ball at the $26 price range.

But they're not $26. However Titleist does a great job at marketing them as a prov1 alternative. I don't have a ton of experience with the NXTs, but I do believe there are better prov1 alternatives at a NXT price on the market.

This is exactly how I feel. At that price, I'd probably play them all the time - the nice thing with the Titleist lines is that you know they're going to be around for a while, and you can always find them. I guess the price point of the S confuses me the most - it's a relatively soft 2 piece ball. Honestly, one of my favorites, just not for 30+ a dozen.

But they're not $26. However Titleist does a great job at marketing them as a prov1 alternative. I don't have a ton of experience with the NXTs, but I do believe there are better prov1 alternatives at a NXT price on the market.

That may be, but I guess I haven't seen it. Either way, I couln't find a thing I didn't like about it outside the price.

Thanks for the low down on these Hawk. They definitely sound like the type of ball I typically play and enjoy but are still around $8-$10 more than what I'm accustomed to.

Completely agree on the alignment line, with these I could stop having to draw a line with the marker which would be an added bonus.

I do find it kinda funny to have a ball with tour in the name but that's not a tour level ball. Maybe that helps them sell better.

I like the NXT Tour S. Not so high on the other NXT Tour.

Looking forward to trying this ball out. Been playing the NXT S for an entire season and I love that ball. Plenty of spin and I honestly see the same distance out of them as I did from the Pro-v's.

Completely agree on the alignment line, with these I could stop having to draw a line with the marker which would be an added bonus.

That's one of the things I liked about the Srixon Soft Feel when I was given a dozen of those - nice really thick alignment line. I like the contrasting black/grey on the NXTs even better.

Thanks for the review. I just have a hard time spending that money when there are some great bangs for your buck out there in the ball market now.

Nice product spotlight Hawk. I used to game the NXTs quite quite a bit, very solid ball. Really love my E5s though, so I don't know if I'd switch.

Loved the NXT back when it first came out. At the price though, i'd rather game last-years version of my premium ball

Nice review. My stepdad went to there last year and likes them. Hes been trying to get me to move that way as well.

Are there any changes from the old NXT Tour and NXT Tour S? If so I'll give them another go.

I tried them last year and found them OK, with the S preferred as the softer feeling of the two. The S sure doesn't stand for spin though. I found both balls just keep rolling....

The main thing they are pointing to is softness (feel). I agree that it's not a spinny ball compared to something like the Pro V1, but I didn't see issues holding greens. Sticking short pitches was not a strong point, but I expected that going in.

Thanks for the info. Curious if these are actually softer than their predecessors. They do sound interesting but for the money I'd probably buy something else to be honest.

The main thing they are pointing to is softness (feel). I agree that it's not a spinny ball compared to something like the Pro V1, but I didn't see issues holding greens. Sticking short pitches was not a strong point, but I expected that going in.

I did find the NXT to be a bit better for me than other 3 piece balls I've played like the Top Flite Gamer V2 in terms of spin around the greens. Nowhere near a urethane ball though.

Just got a 2 ball test sleeve of the NXT Tour S in the mail from Dick's Sporting Goods today, I was really excited to receive this surprise today because I've never gotten anything like that before. Can't wait to give them a go tomorrow!

Back