What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 53/45- 98. 6 three putts on greens that were aerated in late October and are still really bumpy and full of holes. Cog Hill #1 in IL. Hit my new Nike Covert Tour great. Got a lot to work on., but it was great to get out and play.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Got 11 holes in with my 2 daughters before they got cold. Shot 3 over with no birdies. Didn't hit it great but my got lucky on my misses. Lot's of stuff to work on and the putter was not my friend today.

Well I took my 14 Month Old little boy with me today. All he has been saying all week is "Go Golf! Go Golf!" and toting his plastic clubs around.
He had a blast. I let him play on the greens and he basically pulled the flag stick around and got my ball out of the hole. He had a blast, was worn out by hole 8.

I had one of my best rounds in a while. Shot an even 80. I had a nice streak of 6 pars and a birdie on the front 9. Never played this course before, but it was only 6100 total yards from the tips. I dont know what I've done to my putting but it has saved my A$$. I hit some really good puts for a par or bogie I'd normally miss. Unfortunetly my 60 degree and I aren't getting along. I skulled some chips that turned a potential par into a bogie or even double. Can't complain about my driving or low irons though, that was money all day. Loving the AMP cell off the T.

41/35 - 76 today on a par 68. Happy with that. Though what Im not happy with is driving the green on the 307 yard par 4 18th and 3 putting for par......Had a nice wind behind me and struck it sweet, got a good kick off a mound too, can't believe I 3 putted it!

Tee was between the trees on the right.

photo2.jpg

I three'd from here....:at-wits-end:

photo1.jpg

I don't know buddy, the move looked awfully good to me!!!

Trout's going to say what he says, but my buddy Marc has one quality golf swing. Can't wait to see that game take over Myrtle in July.

I appreciate the kind words buddy, I was really impressed with your game, very very solid all the way around.

Well got out yesterday on the nice 60° sunny/windy day. Felt better about my game especially after parring the first two holes. Had some great drives, nice second shots from the fairways and some great putts. Things that hurt me was some bad shots with the hybrid/fairwaywood, chipping and me trying to hit my ball and my buddy hit something when he was practicing his swing and I ended up shanking it. But overall had a great time with my friends and hit 8 shots better than I did on saturday.
shambolee.jpg

First round with my new irons (TM Speedblades)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Stupid phone!!!!) shot an 85 could have been lower but was guessing which club to hit every shot

hey man I would take a 85. Once you get those irons dialed in with distances you will be golden. Could see you easily shooting in the 70's.
(Stupid phone!!!!) shot an 85 could have been lower but was guessing which club to hit every shot

Got out yesterday on a windy afternoon. shot 72 on a par 63. Still trying to get my distances figured out on the new irons. Good news is no three putts! I put on a super stroke grip and that has made all the difference. My putting was always the weakest part of my game, but now I am actually making my fair share, and from distance too! Now to find a driver that works for me...

81. Played yesterday and drove the ball incredibly well. I only missed two fairways. Unfortunately, I didn't do anything else well. I couldn't take advantage of my tee game, so it was a frustrating round. It was cold and windy and after a few holes I think I was ready to go in. I am usually don't mind playing in weather like that, but I was over it pretty quickly. My short game was terrible and I only hit 3 or 4 GIR.

81. Played yesterday and drove the ball incredibly well. I only missed two fairways. Unfortunately, I didn't do anything else well. I couldn't take advantage of my tee game, so it was a frustrating round. It was cold and windy and after a few holes I think I was ready to go in. I am usually don't mind playing in weather like that, but I was over it pretty quickly. My short game was terrible and I only hit 3 or 4 GIR.

Sounds alot like my round yesterday. I had some amazing shots, usually because the shot before was horrendous. The wind was always in our face #smh. My short game would have been better if I could have thrown the ball. I need to work on putting on burmuda grass BAD.

Sounds alot like my round yesterday. I had some amazing shots, usually because the shot before was horrendous. The wind was always in our face #smh. My short game would have been better if I could have thrown the ball. I need to work on putting on burmuda grass BAD.

lol. Bermuda is a different animal. Generally speaking, I hit the ball pretty well--my misses were either long over the flag stick, pin high, or in the fringe. Should have been able to convert most of those to pars.

lol. Bermuda is a different animal. Generally speaking, I hit the ball pretty well--my misses were either long over the flag stick, pin high, or in the fringe. Should have been able to convert most of those to pars.

I had many looks at par, just couldnt drop the putt's. Ill have to tell you about the "lay up" 7i I hit off the tee. Followed buy a 225yr 3h that I had to draw around some tree that made it about 8 ft past the green that I chutted and two putted for bogey. Or the 12 ft birdie putt I missed and ended with a bogey. Seriously, it was like I bought a one day ticket to the bogey train and they woudnt let me off at all.

43/38 81 at my home course. 2 pars and 7 bogeys on the front. I was consistently missing greens and two putting in the front... Started with bogey on the back, chipped in for bird on a par 5, then had a nice regulation birdy on the next hole , bogey the next. Sitting even through first four holes on the back, I told myself this next hole is the key to keeping it going. Went pars throughout until 17 and 18 which I bogey both ending back 9 +2. Overall not a bad round. Still need to show up for a front 9 one of these days

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Heck of a back KC! Well done

43/38 81 at my home course. 2 pars and 7 bogeys on the front. I was consistently missing greens and two putting in the front... Started with bogey on the back, chipped in for bird on a par 5, then had a nice regulation birdy on the next hole , bogey the next. Sitting even through first four holes on the back, I told myself this next hole is the key to keeping it going. Went pars throughout until 17 and 18 which I bogey both ending back 9 +2. Overall not a bad round. Still need to show up for a front 9 one of these days

That's what I am talkin about dude, I know you were struggling a bit on the last few rounds. Good to get a good one out there huh? I knew it was in you. Things just get squirrely from time to time.

That's what I am talkin about dude, I know you were struggling a bit on the last few rounds. Good to get a good one out there huh? I knew it was in you. Things just get squirrely from time to time.

Definitely feels good. Putting is really coming along. Just need to pit in major work on my wedges, both full swings and partials. What the front 9 showed me is that I really need to get my up and down numbers up. I hit one green on the front and if I got it up and down few more times it's a sub 80 score...

Played Panther Trail at the Woodlands just north of Houston today, great track, $60 but the greens were perfect, the whole course was in great shape. Not necessarily a bombs away course a lot of target golf. Got off the tee well on the front 6/7 FIR, and hit 4 greens, but as usual my chipping and wedges were my death. Had one 3 putt on the front for one of my two bogeys, and then there were my 2 triples because me and wedges hate each other. 16 putts for a 44 on the front. Made pars on 10-12, dunked one in the water on 13, the wedge monster got me again for a double on 15 and 18. 43 on the back for an 87 with making par on 10 holes.

On Sunday I played my first round in about five months, after hitting the range for about a week.

I am a 33 handicap player.

Shot a 46 on the front nine. Shot a 58 on the back nine with two out of bounds penalties. 104 total.

I sure wish I could play like I did on the front nine more often. Looking back on the round, I was getting distracted on the back nine and not focusing on my shot. My bad habits were creeping in to my shots.

Shot a very busy 38. Couldn't hit my driver worth a darn and only hit 1 FW and 1 green. I did only have 12 putts and that's what saved the day. Lots of up and downs. Pretty windy out there as well so I can't be upset with the score.

Shot a very busy 38. Couldn't hit my driver worth a darn and only hit 1 FW and 1 green. I did only have 12 putts and that's what saved the day. Lots of up and downs. Pretty windy out there as well so I can't be upset with the score.

Nice scrambling!

Nice scrambling!

Haha. Thanks. It started from the first hole and never stopped but I was proud of myself and never let myself get down and just made the best score I could.

Nice ugly round?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back