THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
or...thinking out loud, those of us that didnt have an "official handicap" last year really wouldnt have anything established to dictate what our ESC limit per hole would be right?

Until you establish a handicap, you're supposed to use ESC as if you're a 36.4 handicap for men, 40.4 for women.

Until you establish a handicap, you're supposed to use ESC as if you're a 36.4 handicap for men, 40.4 for women.

yeah I thought I read that somewhere a few years back before I had one

I use ESC when putting in my scores. Even though I'm a high single index, with most course handicaps I'm still over 10 so "7" is my max right now,

That clears it up. Thanks for that. Luckily, the first round didn't have any alterations done to it so it was a true score.

My cap is going the wrong way right now, because I shot a decent round last week but it replaced my best round of the year last year :banghead:

Oh well, just gotta fire off some low scores I guess!

I am just putting in my scores for 9 or 18 holes and tracking putts, GIR & FW. I never even knew ESC was a possibility (my first year with an official handicap), but like Seth I suspect the system is doing it's magic behind the scenes and spits out my index. maybe I have some research to do.

If you're putting in hole by hole scores directly into the USGA site it should figure it out for you, correct?

Things have to get worse before they get better with swing changes, right?

Things have to get worse before they get better with swing changes, right?

Can't have the baby without the labor dude. :alien: That's usually the natural progression.

3.5 trending 2.9. Last round was 81 previous was 72. At least I'm consistent...

TMAdidas
I need to be scratch this year and hope to break 70 every now and then. I was a very short hitter last year and put on about 30 yards over the offseason and think that I can definitely be scratch and hopefully get a college scholarship.

I'm a bit early with this, but my trend holds at 0.1 so I don't anticipate a change for tomorrow's revision despite playing a round in a State where I can actually post my scores.

Update #1 - Canadan
Previous Index: 0.1
Current Index: 0.1
Trending Opinion: Up.

I'm actually excited despite my expectations for a handicap rise in the next month. I'm not sure that I've ever had this kind of confidence heading into a season regarding my golf game, and while I am going to see some mediocre numbers, it relates entirely to consistency, course quality, and simply finding my touch again. Winter is a tough thing to get through, but in reality, it's good for me. My last couple rounds, I know the touch isn't where I am used to, but the ball striking is way better than i thought it would be. My putting is in good form, despite mediocre greens and the ball falling offline a bit due to the elements. It's always just a friendly reminder that being around scratch takes a ton of patience and hard work (at least for me).

I'm looking forward to the next month. I want this year to be about consistency even more than last year. My focus will be on fairways and greens, limiting mistakes, and taking advantage of clear opportunities. Talk about being energized by the game, bring it on GHIN.

I'm a bit early with this, but my trend holds at 0.1 so I don't anticipate a change for tomorrow's revision despite playing a round in a State where I can actually post my scores.

Update #1 - Canadan
Previous Index: 0.1
Current Index: 0.1
Trending Opinion: Up.

I'm actually excited despite my expectations for a handicap rise in the next month. I'm not sure that I've ever had this kind of confidence heading into a season regarding my golf game, and while I am going to see some mediocre numbers, it relates entirely to consistency, course quality, and simply finding my touch again. Winter is a tough thing to get through, but in reality, it's good for me. My last couple rounds, I know the touch isn't where I am used to, but the ball striking is way better than i thought it would be. My putting is in good form, despite mediocre greens and the ball falling offline a bit due to the elements. It's always just a friendly reminder that being around scratch takes a ton of patience and hard work (at least for me).

I'm looking forward to the next month. I want this year to be about consistency even more than last year. My focus will be on fairways and greens, limiting mistakes, and taking advantage of clear opportunities. Talk about being energized by the game, bring it on GHIN.

Get down in the negative real quickly so I can get some more strokes buddy!

Confidence in your game before the season even starts in huge, hope you go real low right out of the gate!

Signed up for this the other day at I've never carried an official handicap. Just need to pay my dues and choose a club.

Golfshot has me at a 3.7 right now but I'm playing around a 6 IMO. My swing is inconsistent to start this year but that is expected. I've been really surprised at my wedge game and how well that's going. My putter is off though and costing me a few strokes.

My goal is lofty but a +1 is my goal by end of the season. I want to be consistently under par this year.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Get down in the negative real quickly so I can get some more strokes buddy!

Confidence in your game before the season even starts in huge, hope you go real low right out of the gate!

I don't give strokes, I give high fives.

Time to get your game back MD.

3.3 trending to a 3.3.

I need to start playing some earlier courses this spring to get it down to scratch. We shall see.

3.5 trending 2.9. Last round was 81 previous was 72. At least I'm consistent...

We play from the same book. I always say I have a "volatile" handicap.

We play from the same book. I always say I have a "volatile" handicap.

It makes things interesting that's for sure. I really need to work on my short game to help me keep it together when my ball striking is off and that should go a long way to bringing me more consistency. I only missed one fairway yesterday but only hit 3 GIR. A lot of those missed approach shots were on the fringe or in an otherwise easy up and down situation. Frustrating.

Love seeing #TeamHackers trending down.

My 14.6 is trending upwards to 16.2. My scores started counting March 1, and I have played in some less than favorable conditions this month, so I am not overly concerned but I still don't like it!

bhilton
Current Index: 2.9 (There's no way this is accurate since I haven't posted a score since about September and don't get to practice much anymore)
My goal is to get back to where I'm playing golf at that level again. I think my only issue (as JB can attest) is my short game.

Starting today, I'm going to try to spend at least 30 min. - 1 hour a day practice wedge shots and chip shots. Some of it may have to be done in the dark, but oh well. I have another tournament the first of May and I would like to have a consistent short game by then.

Down two strokes, from 24.2 to 22.1! It's working! Golfing my ass off is working! Going to get in a few more rounds this week, but next week I go back to day shift, which means no more golf every day. I'm going to be bummed. Just have to find more time to practice, and get more meaningful practice. Start reemphasizing my short game.

Down to 8.5 today.
continuing to put in the work on the swing, short game, and mental game work in my #journeytobetter for the THPMC!

Today's revision puts me at 12.8, I expected the uptick with some upper 80's rounds posted. Work to be done.....lessons continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back