Odyssey Putters Thread

I keep my clubs in the back room of our Pro Shop at work. I will bring it home for some pics
Picked it up today.

Attachments

• 20140330_173323.jpg
    20140330_173323.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20140330_173434.jpg
    20140330_173434.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20140330_173419.jpg
    20140330_173419.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 0
I really like the dart blade mini. I'm not a fan of the dart mallet but for some reason I putt really well with that little blade, despite me normally liking mallets with perimeter weighting. Anyone else like the dart mini?

I love the feel and stability of my White Hot Teron, have had it for a few years. I went out prepared to get the Sabretooth to replace my White Hot #5, but the Teron just felt better to me.

I had this vision that I'd sort of float between a few putters this year, since they were all basically the same shape, but as time goes on that becomes less attractive. I headcovered up the WHP Numero Uno and put it back in the bag going forward. It was in/out mostly because of reviews, but my intention was to sort of do that all year. Eventually will need to get some time in with the Cleveland line, but for now I am going to stick with what I know works and make some putts. I had someting like 35 putts on Saturday and considering my GIR that was ridiculous. Yes, the greens were slow and bumpy and it's early, but aint nobody got time for that.

So I am struggling with the difference between the Versa MXM #9 and the MXM #9. The Versa is more expensive, but the regular MXM looks better in my opinion.

So I am struggling with the difference between the Versa MXM #9 and the MXM #9. The Versa is more expensive, but the regular MXM looks better in my opinion.

I'd lean towards the normal one as well, but that's just me.

Metal X Milled Versa #9 arrived today. I will post some pictures when I get home.

Thinking of buying a Metal X #7 Mid Belly (43") Putter and cutting it down to 34". Prefer a heavier putter, the Mid Belly is 400g, and the lie angle is 72° as compared to the 343g and 70° of the standard. I assume that the lie should be easy enough to adjust, and the belly putters are going cheap on eBay. Or ... if I went with a 36" shaft, kept the belly grip, and added a touch of weight to the top, this conversion would make it into a CB putter.

Here it is, with a couple of comparisons to the Metal X Milled.

sossnt.jpg

2nqxv9h.jpg

rhr57k.jpg

214rz91.jpg

Need to get a matte gray shaft in that bad boy!

I have my eye out for something cool, a C Taper type finish would be good.

Man they are both sexy. That versa tho...........love it

How about doing my orange paintfill and an orange shaft? I have one of those coming.

As a Syracuse graduate, I endorse this plan. Red would look pretty nice too.

There's a junior clinic every Monday night right before my lesson and there's a little guy there with a lefty 2-Ball that is always on the practice green. He and I always have a little challenge and he's pretty good. I brought out the #1 and dropped a couple long ones on him last night. Ha! It's all in good fun though. His prize for competing was a sleeve of balls and a couple high fives.

Is the counterweight on the odyssey tank putters interchangable with the one in the sole. I think I am in love with the tank v-line mallet...

Waiting for that brown truck today. Ordered a Odyssey White Hot Pro #5. It was between this putter and the SeeMore Si3. I have used Odyssey putters before and like their insert, and also I didn't want the center shaft.

Congrats on the new putter tander. Love love love the WHP insert.

Is the counterweight on the odyssey tank putters interchangable with the one in the sole. I think I am in love with the tank v-line mallet...
The regular Tank no, but the Tank Cruiser models yes.

The Black i Series arrived today, the ProType ix HT should come in tomorrow.

33da4vc.jpg

214cahd.jpg

Last edited:
Back