Coldest Weather You Have Golfed In?

Last year we played a tournament the day after Thanksgiving in Eastern Massachusetts (Merrimack GC), it was mid to low 30's with a wind chill that definitely brought things into the high 20's. It was so cold, you could literally play basketball with your golf ball on some of the greens. I hit an approach shot on the 3rd hole from 140 that hit the front of the green and bounced 15'-20' into the air and flew the green haha.

Around 20F (-7C). Young and dumb, but I guess you could say fun as well. It started to snow on the back 9 and we were the final group to play that course that year.

-10 with the wind at 15 mph and raining like there was no end. Ah all those times when your young and just want to play no matter the conditions. Now I do not enjoy playing in any kind of rain at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably in the 20's counting wind chill factor. Played a lot in the 30's which isn't bad if there is no wind.

I've played in some cold weather.... but the temperature alone doesn't tell the story. 30, sunny, and calm is REALLY different than 30, drizzling, and windy.

As a fellow Chicogoan... today will be a cold, tough day on the course -- but we're going to get above 45, so some good layers and a winter hat and I think you'll have a great day!

Took my son out in January around 16 degree's very fun round, bounce the balls off the water onto the greens. Definitely couldn't shoot for the greens. On a par 3 over water, 160 yards he topped a 5 iron, skipped across the water hit the rock wall and back to within 5 feet of him. His first and last 320 yard drive, it was a great day. (He is 23)

30's with flurries last year. Was all by myself on the course and it was kind of nice.

I'm a wimp and won't golf if the temp doesn't reach the mid 40s at some point. Anything below freezing I feel like I'm too bundled up to make an effective swing on the ball and that just makes me angry and cold.

I've been out in sub 30 temps, it's not the most enjoyable round, but when you want to get some work in, you have to deal with the conditions given!

I'm not sure how cold it was, but last year I played a local course and the water hazards were still frozen.

-10 with the wind at 15 mph and raining like there was no end. Ah all those times when your young and just want to play no matter the conditions. Now I do not enjoy playing in any kind of rain at all.

You odd west coasters and your cold rains haha we just get snow.

I'll trade ya.

Mid 20's snow flying at Timberstone up in the UP Michigan. I didn't feel so bad as when I was coming down 18 there was a couple getting married by the green. Gotta be good luck right?

30°, it was cold enough :)

My coldest was back in high school, it was in the low 40's. It was a bright sunny day...but still too darn cold in the 40's

I've played in the 30's a lot. Usually once I get out there, I wish I would have stayed home though.

18°, no wind and sunny. Felt a lot warmer! Have played many times in higher temps that felt colder.

I have played a few times in sub 40ºF temps, possibly the strangest day was in November 2012. The temp never got above 36ºF, we had sun, wind, hail and rain on and off throughout the round, it was the last round of the year so we finished all 18 holes but we slightly frozen after 18. I remember shivering as I got into the car, turned the heated seats on and cranked on the heater.

In the upper 30's for me a few times. But in the 40's plenty of times. I just hate when its windy too. That to me makes all the difference in the world as to how enjoyable it might be. But I have gone skiing in 20* windy weather and rode my motorcycle to work dozens of times around 20* give or take so go figure. But golf is different :)

19* @ a frostbite open scramble Jan 1st..many yrs ago

Sound's like a tourney I was in about 8 year's ago, Jan 1st Frozen Tundra open, It was 15 degree's and had not been higher than that for a week, Course was frozen solid, I remembering tossing a couple of Pro V1's on the putting green and they bounced to my waist, You had to land the ball 30 yard's short of the green and let it bounce and roll to the green......

Teeing off in the freezing rain, freezing rain turning to light snow, light snow turning to heavy snow. -8c when we finally gave up.

2 toques, a hoodie, the heaviest jacket I could swing in, and a rain/wind jacket on over top, winter gloves.

Why? Because in high school we played a day of "All you can play for 5 dollars", in mid November.

I think the lowest has been the mid-40's and windy, but sunny. I turned in my cart and walked to stay warm, because I can't stand to bundle up on the course.

I did warm up to play a round this year with the temps in the mid-30's. The grass and turf on the range were still a bit frozen and I thought I broke my wrist on my first full shot with a pitching wedge. But as the sun rose it warmed up pretty quickly to the low 50's.

Can't remember the exact temperature but I know I played on a couple New Year's Day tournaments back in Wisconsin where it was single digits below zero. Plenty of other windy rounds with sleet/snow in the 30's.

I think it was high 20s and snow was involved.

Played at Pilgrims oak in Pa a few years ago. At tee time it was 19', and the temp actually went down to 16 and it snowed starting on hole 13! Fortunately, there was 0 wind - it really wasn't that bad. Another time, we played a local course in Baltimore and it was a balmy 28' - but with a steady 15-20 mph wind! I was WAY colder that day than the day at the Oak!

I have played in those conditions but my friends make fun of me because I'll golf in any weather

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Back