The Official Tiger Woods Thread

FWIW - ESPN Radio was originally saying he could resume putting and chipping in 2-3 weeks. Not sure about the overall timeline.

That sucks man, I hate it for him. I hope he gets healthy and gets his game back together without pain.

Why won't it be the same? The Masters is The Masters with or without Tiger, we just won't get to see him hit poor shots.

It's just my opinion, I personally like the masters with him playing. Let it go man you already made it apparent you aren't a fan.

FWIW - ESPN Radio was originally saying he could resume putting and chipping in 2-3 weeks. Not sure about the overall timeline.

They got the same release we did and it appears from his agent. Right now what is known is that is the case. He can resume chipping in a couple of weeks.

They got the same release we did and it appears from his agent. Right now what is known is that is the case. He can resume chipping in a couple of weeks.

On the plus side...if all he can work on is chipping and putting for a while, those are what he was showing need for practice.

On the plus side...if all he can work on is chipping and putting for a while, those are what he was showing need for practice.

Indeed, #karmaatwork

Agree with this statement. But look out if he gets back to his old self. He will be putting lights out again in no time.

Agree with this statement. But look out if he gets back to his old self. He will be putting lights out again in no time.

I know that with my occasional lower back pain, it hurts to be bent over practicing putting and chipping for long spells compared to hitting full shots. TW's putting is the one piece of the post-accident puzzle I have not understood, short of just lack of practice.

Thought this post belong in here; is anyone else tiring of Haney constantly talking about Tiger? On twitter, interviews, golf.com headlines, he always has an opinion, then tries to relate it back to when he was Tiger's coach. It seems to me he is milking that coaching relationship as long as he can. I mean, in his book, Haney whines how much Tiger kept him at a distance and wouldn't give him popsicles, but then he never passes up a chance to claim how much intimate insight he has into Tiger in general. Enough already. And I like Haney. I think he's a great teacher, but move on please.

Thought this post belong in here; is anyone else tiring of Haney constantly talking about Tiger? On twitter, interviews, golf.com headlines, he always has an opinion, then tries to relate it back to when he was Tiger's coach. It seems to me he is milking that coaching relationship as long as he can. I mean, in his book, Haney whines how much Tiger kept him at a distance and wouldn't give him popsicles, but then he never passes up a chance to claim how much intimate insight he has into Tiger in general. Enough already. And I like Haney. I think he's a great teacher, but move on please.

I still enjoy what he has to say. I did think those popsicle stories were silly in the book, but overall I loved hearing about TW's practice habits and how they worked together. I think he brings some good insight. Much better than Chamblee or just about anyone else that tries to talk Tiger.

I still enjoy what he has to say. I did think those popsicle stories were silly in the book, but overall I loved hearing about TW's practice habits and how they worked together. I think he brings some good insight. Much better than Chamblee or just about anyone else that tries to talk Tiger.

No question that others chiming in is exponentially worse, including Norman. But I'd think most of what Haney knows is likely outdated at this point, since Tiger underwent the knee op and now the back op, and has an entirely new swing. Haney appears objective most of the time, but I'd really like to see him start teaching pros again, instead of recycling the past over and over.

It may be old news, but he still knows more about Tiger than the press does. I'm not sure how much of it is him offering his opinion or just constantly being asked about Tiger.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Either way, he should bow out, ala Butch. And I'm sure times like this he'll be summoned because of a major event like surgery, but it's the accumulation of all the other comments that is overkill. Just my opinion and I may be the only one that finds it aggravating, but I'd really like to see Haney move on from essentially becoming a Tiger relic.

That's an interesting move by Captain Watson.

Not so much about this post, more of just expanding off this post. I get more tired of people defending Tiger like he is their brother or best friend, myself! Someone says a disparaging word about Tiger and the defenders come out like wildfire. Someone says something about Sabatini and everyone starts laughing and joking. Not that I care about Sabatini!

Not so much about this post, more of just expanding off this post. I get more tired of people defending Tiger like he is their brother or best friend, myself! Someone says a disparaging word about Tiger and the defenders come out like wildfire. Someone says something about Sabatini and everyone starts laughing and joking. Not that I care about Sabatini!

I think it goes both ways; you have guys defending Tiger to a fault and you have guys who hate everything Tiger does. The reason behind my gripe is I'd like to see Haney focus a lot more on other projects. I like his teaching and think he could be effective with a few pros (if anyone wants to hire him).

My gripe also has to do with golf journalism in general. I'd like to see a lot less TMZ-ish stories and a lot more golf based content. No Golf Digest, you are not going to attract non golfers because you put Paulina on your cover. Likewise, non golfers are not going to care that Steve Williams always thought Tiger's BO was really bad. Just one example of what I'm talking about is below. Here are the headlines from golf.com from a couple minutes ago:
Jordan celeb event offers peek at Shadow Creek[h=5]Masters tickets 'take a dive' after Tiger news[/h]
[h=5]Watch Bubba's new 'This is SportsCenter' spot[/h]
[h=5]Photos: Best shots from the Shell Houston Open[/h]
[h=5]Wie (67) one off lead at LPGA's first major of 2014[/h]
[h=5]Infographic: Tell us where it hurts, Tiger[/h]
[h=5]Photo: See what Rory will be wearing at Augusta[/h]
[h=5]Tiger has back surgery, won't play Masters[/h]
[h=5]Haney: Tiger's main issue is desire, not injuries[/h]
[h=5]Photos: Happy Birthday, Holly Sonders![/h]
40% of the top headlines are about Tiger (fine), another few are actually golf related and a couple are filler IMO. Where are the stories about Dustin Johnson totally imploding yesterday? How about the story trying to explain how Phil is bouncing back from his injury? Anyways, this has turned into a bit of a rant, but the entire gossip side of golf journalism is pretty silly to me.

Agreed it goes both ways. Some defend everything and some just want to hate on every little thing he does. Guess you'll get that with someone as popular as Tiger tho.

PGG,
You are dead right about a lot of that. Sadly, its the way the "media" covers the game. Years ago I was told a lot of wise things by a guy that I respect in the media that has been writing for the Boston Globe forever. He said two rules you have to go against. Stop trying to beat the story to be the story and never try to create the story when there isn't is one.

Too many "media" members do both of those things and in this day and age, with no repercussions its just "whoops we got that one wrong" or "well people want to hear it". Bullsh!t. No they dont, it's regurgitated stuff that has been played out, but the lack of creativity is evident.

PGG,
You are dead right about a lot of that. Sadly, its the way the "media" covers the game. Years ago I was told a lot of wise things by a guy that I respect in the media that has been writing for the Boston Globe forever. He said two rules you have to go against. Stop trying to beat the story to be the story and never try to create the story when there isn't is one.

Too many "media" members do both of those things and in this day and age, with no repercussions its just "whoops we got that one wrong" or "well people want to hear it". Bullsh!t. No they dont, it's regurgitated stuff that has been played out, but the lack of creativity is evident.
JB I think your friend at The Globe and I were in the same journalism classes!!

Right after we learned the who, what, where and why rules, we learned don't become the story and don't rush the story, get it right. If course this was many years ago :

Today i see so many journalist and others on Twitter in a race to be first, they don't care about accuracy. This was so evident last week when TV stations in Milwaukee went Ito breaking news that Shaka Smart was going to be named coach at Marquette in hours. Only to find out he never actually interviewed with them.

Turning it back to Tiger, remember all the stories that came out right after the accident, that wee later recanted or washed away.

I am curious as to the thoughts of Tiger not going to the Champion's Dinner. It's not like he had something else on his calendar, and I doubt the back issues would prevent him from traveling.

I think he should have been there.

Back