2014 Love Is In The Air - New THP Event

2014 Love Is In The Air - New THP Event

Based on the fact with golf being off-site I assume and believe if I recall correctly it was stated before we would need transportation.

With the amount of guys renting or looking at various transportation options I don't see it being an issue.

Maybe a spreadsheet is in order.

Say were not getting a car when we get there Thursday. We figured there would be a shuttle or a taxi. So are we going to need a car saturday and sunday??

Correct, the course is 11 miles away so you are responsible for your own ride. However it sounds like there are plenty of awesome THPERS that may be able to help you out

Say were not getting a car when we get there Thursday. We figured there would be a shuttle or a taxi. So are we going to need a car saturday and sunday??

OCN isn't close to the hotel, so transportation would be needed. That being said, I could probably fit two other golfers in my car for Saturday if I remember not to bring a staff bag. Sunday I could easily bring a husband/wife

Say we might just get a rental car since we will need one Monday morning. Will check with the wife, them I could drive some more folks.

Say we might just get a rental car since we will need one Monday morning. Will check with the wife, them I could drive some more folks.

Don't forget about the parking fee if that's the route you go.

Parking fee, dang they just take all the they can get.

THIS. I have stayed at this hotel at least a dozen times. They charge for parking, and parking can be a bit of a pain. I have come back at night only to find that there's an event going on in their convention space, and cars are parking along the road, etc. because there is no space. It's not a short walk to the hotel from the self parking lot. I would plan on using valet. On the bright side, they often provide a glass of champagne at check-in, and unlimited use of the surprisingly nice pitch and putt golf course is included with your resort fee (this IS Grand Cypress, after all). By the way, the swimming pool is incredible, and there is a bar in a cave by the pool.

24798_158_b.jpg
images

Yes I can't wait. I will be poolside Friday with the wife and can't wait for it.

It's a pretty darn nice hotel.

Oh I know it is, especially if they ask for a nice price on everything. Is there anyway you can get like a parking pass from Thursday till Monday?

Oh I know it is, especially if they ask for a nice price on everything. Is there anyway you can get like a parking pass from Thursday till Monday?

Unfortunately, this is pretty standard practice for resorts in Orlando. It will just be billed as an incidental, so you just provide a credit card at check in and they will issue you a pass.

We are not leaving till Monday also. We are early like 8am but we can give you a ride if needed

I was just going to put it on the Dean account

I was just going to put it on the Dean account

Oh I didn't think of that lol. Think that account is unlimited lol..... ;)

We are driving down so I can probably take one maybe two people to the course on Saturday and one of the couples on Sunday. I would offer to pick someone up from the airport on Friday, but I really don't know what our schedule may be at this point.

Yes I can't wait. I will be poolside Friday with the wife and can't wait for it.

This is what im talking about! Poolside parties with booze and cigars, its like the Gauntlet all over again!!

Correct, the course is 11 miles away so you are responsible for your own ride. However it sounds like there are plenty of awesome THPERS that may be able to help you out
The wife and I are renting a car to get down to Orlando (don't like to put miles on our car when we can avoid it). If I don't rent a sports car :wink: and get something more practical, I'll have room to shuttle a few guys to the course on Saturday and one couple on Sunday.

Tell me you are either leaving a week before the event, or flying on something other than Delta.

We'll need some shuttling to the courses if anyone has room :)

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

The wife and I are renting a car to get down to Orlando (don't like to put miles on our car when we can avoid it). If I don't rent a sports car :wink: and get something more practical, I'll have room to shuttle a few guys to the course on Saturday and one couple on Sunday.

Tell me you are either leaving a week before the event, or flying on something other than Delta.

Yes no Delta!

We'll need some shuttling to the courses if anyone has room :)

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Same here dhartmann or you and I can split a cab if nothing else

Is anyone else shipping their clubs to FL and if so will you be shipping them to the Hyatt or OCN? Thinking I'd call both places to see which would be best unless someone here already knows what would be best.

Can't wait to see you all there!

Rental car booked for 3BD and I. May cant get here soon enough!

Flight booked and rental car booked.

We arrive at 10 on Friday and out at 9 on Sunday night

Back