Bridgestone B330-RXS & RX Testers Thread

Awesome detail RW. You may want to try the regular Tour B330 and see how that works out.

I will give it a try as Bridgestone may have a new convert. I also want to try the new Penta's that I bought yesterday.

Interesting stuff and a lot to think about.

Tell me, does this particular Bridgestone compare with the Pro V1 and if not, what Bridgestone ball would?

I love my ProV's, but if there's a less costly alternative out there, I'm all for giving it a try.

(But it just can't be "clicky" I hate clicky)

-JP

I'm hoping that the practice greens will be open tomorrow afternoon, it's still mighty squishy after the snow.

I want to get some real testing done with the putter and my good wedges.

I'll report back in tomorrow evening...

Interesting stuff and a lot to think about.

Tell me, does this particular Bridgestone compare with the Pro V1 and if not, what Bridgestone ball would?

I love my ProV's, but if there's a less costly alternative out there, I'm all for giving it a try.

(But it just can't be "clicky" I hate clicky)

-JP

I really can't answer your question as I have not played the ProV1 very much. I normally play the Tm TP Red, I would play this ball over the TP Red except for the tee issues.

I'll have to post my pics later. My camera got left at the office.

I had a chance to play a round with the Tour B330-RX today.

First, the ball felt "sticky" out of the box. That is a good thing. It felt like the clubface would grab it and get some spin. It looks great and I like the line above and below the "Tour B330-RX" printing on the ball. It makes for great alignment aids.

Recently, I have played the Bridgestone E6 and Titleist ProV1.

Off the tee. I noticed that my trajectory seemed a bit lower with the B330. I needed to get my height down a bit as I think my launch angle was too high with both the E6 and ProV. This had a more boring trajectory. On the final few holes, when I was fully warmed up, I hit a couple in the 275 range. That is at the far end of my distance off the tee with any ball. I had a couple of drives fade on me, but I really don't think it was the ball. Generally, if I made a good swing, the ball went where aimed....straight!

Iron play - the B330 is in a class with the ProV for sticking approaches on the greens. Two hop and stop is my best description. Again, I got a slightly lower trajectory, which I have wanted, but the ball still stopped quickly on the green.

Chipping and Sand Play - The B330 performed well around the green. I play lots of different type shots around the green depending on the situation and I was able to hit flops that checked, little bump and runs that rolled out. I was in a couple of bunkers and the ball spun just enough. I was pleased with this aspect in particular as that is where I can really tell the most about a ball. I would play it based on this alone.

Puttng - Nothing "clicky" about the strike of the putter. I don't like a ball that feels hard for putting and the B330 is excellent coming off the putter face. I got the appropriate distance to my putting stroke. It felt very consistent and I was able to adjust my swing quickly to make it roll the correct distance.

Overall - I would play this ball. It performed above average in every category I deem important. The only complaint I have is that it does not listen well when poorly struck. Not once did it change direction in mid-flight even though I was yelling explicit instructions. :D

Seriously, Bridgestone, ya did good. :clapp:

Nice review C-Tech.

Great review C-Tech. If you had to rank the B330-RX with the e6 and ProV1, where would it place?

Great review C-Tech. If you had to rank the B330-RX with the e6 and ProV1, where would it place?

On scale of 1 to 10, I'd put the E6 at a 6, the B330 at an 8, and the ProV at 9. That's really the only way I could rate them. All are upper echelon balls and the only reason I rate the ProV above the B330 is the exceptional spin off the ProV. It is a little better around the greens.

the only reason I rate the ProV above the B330 is the exceptional spin off the ProV. It is a little better around the greens.

You might wanna give the B330-RXS a shot then.

JP,

The answer to your question about which ball in Bridgestone's line is most like the Pro V1 is the Tour B330-S. The B330-RX and B330-RXS are designed for players who look for the feel of a tour-level ball (i.e. B330-S or Pro V1), yet don't have the swingspeed to fully take advantage of the ball off those balls off the tee. If you have a swingspeed under 105 MPH and love tour spin and feel, I think you'll find the RX delivers everything you'd want and more. If you swing over 105 try the B330-S (blue box).

Hope that helps.

Okay, my review tonight. Finally got the last bit of testing in.

I spent about an hour each of the last 2 evenings with the B330-RXS balls (it got dark on me)

Apparently, taking 3 months off hasn't done a darn thing to improve my chipping game, so that's going to take a little work.

I did manage to get the balls to check up when I wasn't skulling them across the green while attempting a nice high soft landing. That was satisfying, and much easier to do than with my regular practice balls in the shag bag (old Nike Ignite's)

Putting with them is a dream. They're soft, and store a ton of energy, so they roll really nicely. I've also been carrying them into the office with me to fiddle with a little. A couple of the guys in my area are equally impressed with them, really appreciating the soft feel and smooth roll. I'm inspired to sink some more putts with these, since they're so easy to get going.

Good info GB. Really excited to hear more.

I'm very confused as to what this thread is about. I thought it was a review about Bridgestone golf balls, but there are photos of clubs and other brands of balls. No review. :confused2:

mkyolvr review of Bridgestone B330-RXS

mkyolvr review of Bridgestone B330-RXS

I want to thank THP and Bridgestone for selecting me for this fun test. A little about me. I am currently playing to about a 5 handicap and use the B330RX or the ProV1 as my regular ball. I like the ball off the tee of the Bridgestone, but prefer the feel around the greens of the Prov.

When I first got these my initial impression was look, it looks like a golf ball. All kidding aside, I like the sheen that they have and putting around the house they are not clickie at all. Quite the opposite as I had a nice muted sound that worked well for my milled putter.

Tee - As mentioned, I loved the B330-RX off the tee as it was my ball of choice and the B330-RXS did the same thing. It was a rocket and playing them side by side with the ProV1 added between 5-8 yards to my tee shots. The same result I was getting with the B330RX. So without losing any off the tee we were looking solid so far.

Irons - I did not notice any real difference between this and the RXS off of approach shots and was pretty happy about it.

Short Game - A pretty big improvement on chipping, pitching, and bunkers compared to that of the RX. Much more spin and feel and if this makes sense "less plasticy". Really thought they came out extremely well. However it still did not generate the same spin as the ProV1 or the Penta that I have been trying, but not enough to worry about it.

Putting - Perhaps the best ball on the greens that I have tried to date. Soft off the putter face and you could almost feel the putter impact as the face hit the ball. Truly shined here.

Durability - Real solid and compared to the ProV1 my new Cleveland wedges did very little damage.

Overall - To say that I liked them would be an understatement. They are really a good move in the right direction for the B330 golf balls. I still would like to see more spin around the greens, because they are still not the same as some of the other tour balls, but close. I only lost one, so they will be going back out with me for another round on Thursday.

Very thorough. I am finding very similar results to what you are seeing on your end.

Thanks for the review mk. Hard to believe they could improve on the B330RX ball, but sounds like they have. Keep the reviews coming, Thanks.

I have one more Bridgestone B330RX that was given to me by Bridgestone and THP for review so when the snow melts I will be testing these out side by side with the Penta and will post my results.

JP,

The answer to your question about which ball in Bridgestone's line is most like the Pro V1 is the Tour B330-S. The B330-RX and B330-RXS are designed for players who look for the feel of a tour-level ball (i.e. B330-S or Pro V1), yet don't have the swingspeed to fully take advantage of the ball off those balls off the tee. If you have a swingspeed under 105 MPH and love tour spin and feel, I think you'll find the RX delivers everything you'd want and more. If you swing over 105 try the B330-S (blue box).

Hope that helps.

Yeah, I'm right around 105, give or take and I really love the flight and spin of the ProV1, but it's just so damned expensive!

So you're suggesting the B-330S?

I've been a Titleist fan for as long as I can remember and I was addicted to balata's back when they were the "premier" ball. When they were replaced by the ProV, I was grateful that the feel didn't change too much. They ARE a bit harder than the balata's, but not by much in terms of how they feel.

I'll give the B-330S a try when the weather allows me to get out there (not for a while yet) and as long as it has the feel of the ProV, I might consider switching. I assume that the overall distance / flight / spin is similar to the ProV so that's not my biggest concern. My biggest concern is a soft feel and a soft sound.

Thanks for the info!

-JP

Great review. Have you tried any of the regular 330 series balls?

Ummm Really?

I'm very confused as to what this thread is about. I thought it was a review about Bridgestone golf balls, but there are photos of clubs and other brands of balls. No review. :confused2:

Yes, actually.

I just got home from a last minute golf tournament in South Carolina, without computer access, and honestly one of the last things on my mind.

I will however, mention I did play the ball in my practice rounds and have a solid review. I will start it on this next post so it doesn't start with banter.

Back