TaylorMade Golf - Welcome to the 2014 Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your current ponder? Maybe that answer should go in the pondering thread?

It will :) soon, there's a couple ideas still cooking.

What in the new line up do you think will play well at True Blue?

As my overall distance has gotten better lately, but I'm still struggling with the 3 wood, I'm thinking a 5 wood will become handy. There's some long holes on TB where I need a long second shot, but missing half the shots with the 3 wood is too risky. There's also some holes on TB and several tight greens on Caledonia where the 7-PW MB's would come handy.

Does it sound completely ridiculous that I would carry an SLDR and a Mini SLDR if given the opportunity?

Does it sound completely ridiculous that I would carry an SLDR and a Mini SLDR if given the opportunity?

Not as long as the rest of your bag sets up well to cover the yardages that you like to gap out.

Not as long as the rest of your bag sets up well to cover the yardages that you like to gap out.

MY 3 wood is primarily used off the tee, so substitute the Mini SLDR for the 3 wood and use a 4 wood vs my Driver-3 Wood-5 Wood setup. Could work.

Yep, absolutely could.

MY 3 wood is primarily used off the tee, so substitute the Mini SLDR for the 3 wood and use a 4 wood vs my Driver-3 Wood-5 Wood setup. Could work.

I toy with that setup. Would you be adding a hybrid to the mix too?

I toy with that setup. Would you be adding a hybrid to the mix too?

I hit the MC 4 iron so well i don't know. I guess it would make sense to throw in a hybrid and start the set with the 5 iron. Could always go with a 3 wedges setup instead and keep the top end covered but based on the format I think I would want more options down low to handle the short game. Here are the three setups I envision as of now (assuming all of these are an option).

Basic Setup

Driver
3 Wood, 5 Wood
4-PW
50, 54, 58 degree wedges

Top End Variation:

Driver
Mini Driver
4 Wood
21* Hybrid
4-PW
52, 58 Degree Wedges

Low End Variation
Driver
Mini Driver
4 Wood
24* Hybrid
5-PW
50, 54, 58 Degree wedges.

the bottom one is a setup I've kicked the tires on, obviously if everything is available. Otherwise I will go something like this.

Driver - 4 wood - 3 and 5 hybrid 5-GW, 54/58

the bottom one is a setup I've kicked the tires on, obviously if everything is available. Otherwise I will go something like this.

Driver - 4 wood - 3 and 5 hybrid 5-GW, 54/58

Good play. The great thing is I already know what irons and shafts I am playing, its figuring out the woods and wedges I am looking forward to figuring out.

Good play. The great thing is I already know what irons and shafts I am playing, its figuring out the woods and wedges I am looking forward to figuring out.

you and I will be in the same boat with that. Unless a surprise lurks around the corner.

It's great to see the TM guys getting excited. It's been quiet in hear for a bit.

Still in pondering mode in terms of what will benefit me the most. I have tried all of the clubs at various points and am satisfied across the board. The most random thought I have is do I want a SpeedBlade 4 iron to fill more of a top end gap and then go with a hybrid, 3 wood and then driver

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

SLDR 430 10.5. Consider it locked. (Assuming it's an option)

Saw a post on GolfWRX earlier today that had the updated shaft offerings for 2014 from TMAG. They are not listed on the TMAG site yet, but here are the additions to their custom options:

Wood shafts:
Graphite Design Tour AD BB 60 and BB 70
Graphite Design Tour AD MT 60 and MT 70
Oban Kiyoshi Gold

Iron shafts:
KBS Tour V and C-Taper Lite
Dynamic Gold DG Pro
Aerotech Steelfiber i110

If I had to choose right now, I suppose I would go with the Jetspeed, but I would rather take my R1 out there.

Saw a post on GolfWRX earlier today that had the updated shaft offerings for 2014 from TMAG. They are not listed on the TMAG site yet, but here are the additions to their custom options:

Wood shafts:
Oban Kiyoshi Gold

Iron shafts:
Dynamic Gold DG Pro
Aerotech Steelfiber i110

At my fitting we talked a out the iron shafts that were being added. I doubt any of those wood shafts would work for me.

Wood shafts:
Oban Kiyoshi Gold

Iron shafts:
Dynamic Gold DG Pro
Aerotech Steelfiber i110

Preesh on that. Although I think I know what shafts I will go with and they are already available.

Preesh on that. Although I think I know what shafts I will go with and they are already available.

The green is a pretty awesome shaft.

I like the m3

I do like the new grip options. New Decade White/Platinum or Lamkin UTX? Decisions, decisions.

Scratch that, the AD MT is on my ponder list. I like that profile.

Last edited:
TaylorMade is reaching out to the staffers, asking questions...July is getting closer.

I've got the need, need for jet speed.

I do like PM's from our tour rep. I can't wait to see what TM has up their sleeves!

Tour rep PMs, that's awesome!

Can anyone share what these PM's state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back