Cobra Bio Cell+ Driver - Review Thread

I have played the ZL Encore for the last two seasons and I tried to get that thing out of my bag with no luck. I mean I probably went through 10-12 other drivers until I hit the +. The + is now in my bag and the Encore is on stand bye. I have only gotten one round in with the + so on the near future I will have a more detailed description between the two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know - will be very interested to see what differences you find and which driver will stay in bag ! I too have tried about 10 drivers since ZL Encore came out and nothing has come close to kicking it out expecially since I picked up my 7.5 / kaili 60 combo.

How forgiving has the BC+ been for you guys in terms of comparison from a standard Amp Cell for those that previously played with that?

How forgiving has the BC+ been for you guys in terms of comparison from a standard Amp Cell for those that previously played with that?

The AMP Cell is still more forgiving but the Bio Cell+ is not far behind.

The AMP Cell is still more forgiving but the Bio Cell+ is not far behind.

Interesting. The AC is so forgiving, if the BC+ is not far behind that still makes it more forgiving than most. :D

Interesting. The AC is so forgiving, if the BC+ is not far behind that still makes it more forgiving than most. :D

I think so. I am thrilled to be making the switch. I guess it depends on what you mean by forgiveness. My ball speed didn't decrease on miss hits with the Bio Cell+ as much as it did with every other 2014 driver I tried. It does have a fade bias so I lost a few more right than I am used to but when I get the swing dialed in I should be good to go.

I think so. I am thrilled to be making the switch. I guess it depends on what you mean by forgiveness. My ball speed didn't decrease on miss hits with the Bio Cell+ as much as it did with every other 2014 driver I tried. It does have a fade bias so I lost a few more right than I am used to but when I get the swing dialed in I should be good to go.

Boom. Right here, Erik is a smart one.

The Bio+'s face retains ball speeds better than the AC did and than the Bio does...that's impressive as hell, but its true. I thought to myself there was no way when they were educating us out at Cobra HQ, but having hit all three and reviewed this one, its true. He's also right though that its natural weighting makes it a fade biased driver so depending on where you miss you may or may not have an issue there.

I'm still considering this one for the MC. Its really going to depend on my swing and lessons the next couple months. It honestly is. Both are really good though.

I keep booming the bio+. Never felt so confident with a driver ever. Can't wait for some warm air here in Sweden to really se the distance in this bad boy.

I hit both bio cell and cell + this weekend. Hit both well. The + felt significantly heavier. I didn't think I would get it around, but I outhit the cell by 5 yards consistently. Surprised me. I was expecting short slices due up the weight.

Liked them both. Will have to try them again.

Finally got to hit this today and it is right up there for me with the i25 for best new driver. Low spin and good launch. Very forgiving for a players club. The stiff red tie is a little stiff for me so I would look for a regular flex possibly but it is the only other driver I have got above 260 with most falling from 245 to 255. It is a beautiful thing.

I finally got to hit this driver today. 6q3 set at 11.0°. I was surprised at how discrete the sound an feel was. It wasn't a bad feel or sound. Just wasn't overly present. But call flight was good. It looks great at address. Especially since I have the white and black head with the white shaft.

I finally got to hit this driver today. 6q3 set at 11.0°. I was surprised at how discrete the sound an feel was. It wasn't a bad feel or sound. Just wasn't overly present. But call flight was good. It looks great at address. Especially since I have the white and black head with the white shaft.

I like the black and white head more than I thought I would.

That's why we always say don't judge the looks until you get them in hand!

That's why we always say don't judge the looks until you get them in hand!

I think that is the case with the entire Bio Cell line. The irons are much better in hand than in photos. Going to PGA SS tomorrow to try and hit one with an R flex red tie.

I may be working on assembling a Bio Cell + with a Grafalloy Blue.

Low risk and completely awesome.

played a round today with a guy gaming a 913D3. He kept eyeing my Bio+ and asking me about it. on hole 16 (par 4) he asked to hit it and was longer with that drive than he had been all day. 17 was a par 3 but on 18 he didn't even bring his own driver to the tee. He hit my Bio+ very well yet again... That made me smile a little because smart money says he will have a Bio+ in his bag the next time I see him :D

Up the range today and the back is about 270 input a few up against it with 1 or 2 bounces but on the whole I'd say most was about 250-260 really impressed with this driver.

Had a solid day with this in the bag. Really struggled with driver in Louisiana but saw someone mention starting the swing with left shoulder instead of wrists and that paid nice dividends today. Got a few out there in the 255-265 range today and just dead straight or a nice little draw.

Caught a few off the toe that still got out there a nice 230 or so, that's forgiveness that is a must for me.

Set at 10.5 and neutral right now. Only had one smothered pull hook today and that was on 18. Like where things are headed with this.

Cobra Bio Cell+ Driver - Review Thread

Hey all, first post here and I know about the introduction forum so I'll post in that a little later so everyone knows a little more about me. Love the forum, but on to the topic at hand..

Finally got a chance to hit this driver today and man was I impressed. I was hitting a Stiff Red Tie set on 9.5 (forgot my wrench so I couldn't adjust it today). I was hitting it too high for my liking but I attribute that to the shaft as I need an X-Stiff in my woods. This thing is long long long though. I was flying the ball consistently into the trees over the back of the driving range that were at 265 and my misses were hitting the tops of the first trees that are at 230ish. The forgiveness on off center hits is really impressive. The fade bias is noticeable but I am a big fan of drivers with a fade bias so this worked nicely for me. I also was hitting a Speedline with a Motore Speeder 7.2 Tour Spec X-Flex and was blown away by the shaft, but not the club head. Looks like I'll be putting that shaft in my Bio Cell+ as long as my Head Pro gives me the go ahead.

Bottom line this driver is everything everyone made it up to be and more. Can't wait to finally put this in the bag :)

Welcome ButterFade23 and thanks for the post on your thoughts, looking forward to reading more when you get that right shaft in there.

Good stuff BF, its a really solid offering this year for sure.

And WELCOME to THP!

So I ended up calling the Cobra rep and I'm gonna be getting an Orange one with the X-Stiff Red Tie. The Red Tie is too good of a shaft to pass up so I decided to stick with that for now. Can't wait for this to come in and finally get some work in with it.

So I ended up calling the Cobra rep and I'm gonna be getting an Orange one with the X-Stiff Red Tie. The Red Tie is too good of a shaft to pass up so I decided to stick with that for now. Can't wait for this to come in and finally get some work in with it.

The orange is stunning in person. Another improvement over the previous version IMO.

The orange is stunning in person. Another improvement over the previous version IMO.

Really?? Hmmm...haven't seen it in person but as the days go by the more bold I want to be.

Back