Cleveland 588 Hybrid Review

Great buy! Haven't seen one for under $99. Would be tough though to kick the Classics out of the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had to check twice to make sure I wasn't the one who posted this...ha. I don't see anything under $99 on the Bay, so I'll wait. And I'm also gaming the Classic right now, and have NO complaints. If this one is better than that one (and by all accounts that I have read, it is), I will be blown away.

I had to check twice to make sure I wasn't the one who posted this...ha. I don't see anything under $99 on the Bay, so I'll wait. And I'm also gaming the Classic right now, and have NO complaints. If this one is better than that one (and by all accounts that I have read, it is), I will be blown away.

I couldn't hit the Mashie straight for the life of me but find it hard to hit a bad shot with the Classic. I might go after the 588s in the summertime once the price drops. Seems like Cleveland hybrids prices are cut at least in half even before a new model comes out.

So if I'm loving the mashies I might hate the 588 hybrids?
I don't know if it'll be a direct comparison for you...and I think the biggest difference is the offset (with the 588 having less than the mashie). That being said, I never hit the mashie line, but love the Classic.

I don't know if it'll be a direct comparison for you...and I think the biggest difference is the offset (with the 588 having less than the mashie). That being said, I never hit the mashie line, but love the Classic.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I got the price I did mainly b/c it had some face scuffing from a sandy range ball. Other than that it is perfect. It was the only one I found for that price though.

So if I'm loving the mashies I might hate the 588 hybrids?

Hard to say, everyone is different, and while I only had 1 range session with the 588, it was night and day compared to the mashies for me

I couldn't hit the Mashie straight for the life of me but find it hard to hit a bad shot with the Classic. I might go after the 588s in the summertime once the price drops. Seems like Cleveland hybrids prices are cut at least in half even before a new model comes out.

This was me as well. Hello offset. I don't get along well with it.

You with this hybrid honestly scares the hell out of me.

Lethal.

Dude I can not wait to get my hands on this line.

You with this hybrid honestly scares the hell out of me.

Lethal.

It is down to 1 or 2 in the MC bag. Right now, leaning 2

It is down to 1 or 2 in the MC bag. Right now, leaning 2
Since I hit the 3w so well, I'm hard pondering how I can fit 2 of these in the bag. Possibly a 2h and a 4h depending on gapping...?

Since I hit the 3w so well, I'm hard pondering how I can fit 2 of these in the bag. Possibly a 2h and a 4h depending on gapping...?

I'm still leaning 20.5 and 23 of these. Then 3w and 5w. I like headcovers this year haha

So much good information. Thanks for making my new club decisions harder!! :bulgy-eyes: :act-up:

I am liking my 20.5 and 26.5 Mashies so far. So I would think I would be good with a 3 and 5 hybrid then a 5 wood and no 3 wood.
I'm still leaning 20.5 and 23 of these. Then 3w and 5w. I like headcovers this year haha

And start the irons at 5i? Are you doing PW, AW, SW? Adding a LW would put you at 15 clubs...?

Finally got to try these guys out at the demo days. Wow they felt just like the mashies I got and felt like I had little more forgiveness and some added distance with them. The rep said with me maybe to have the 3 and 5 hybrid for my setup. I was thinking the same thing which is a good thing.

And start the irons at 5i? Are you doing PW, AW, SW? Adding a LW would put you at 15 clubs...?

23 would be the 4. Irons 5-GW. I think it'll depend if I go SS wedge or not. If I fiddle with lofts I can gain a club and still have a normal wedge set up. still throwing out ideas. I might go 23 and skip the 20.5. That might make it easier.

I need to hit these....looking to replace my bridgestone hybrids

23 would be the 4. Irons 5-GW. I think it'll depend if I go SS wedge or not. If I fiddle with lofts I can gain a club and still have a normal wedge set up. still throwing out ideas. I might go 23 and skip the 20.5. That might make it easier.
It's fun to ponder though isn't it? I like the idea of 2 fairways and 2 hybrids, but I also like the PW-GW-SW-LW setup which doesn't work together. I still haven't hit the hybrid, but I really hit the fairway well, so maybe 15.5 & 18 FW; and a 23 hybo might work the best for me.

It's fun to ponder though isn't it? I like the idea of 2 fairways and 2 hybrids, but I also like the PW-GW-SW-LW setup which doesn't work together. I still haven't hit the hybrid, but I really hit the fairway well, so maybe 15.5 & 18 FW; and a 23 hybo might work the best for me.

Exactly. The more I think the more I like the 23 and the normal wedge set up

20.5, is definite, not sure to add 18 or 23

Back