The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

I thought you only got plastic sheets when you wet the bed.

Woke at 4AM, fully awake. Made coffee, fed the cats and got on THP. Now I am sleepy again and its time soon to prepare for work.

Ok, this is weird. I need some computer help. My IE has gone nuts. When I fired it up, it blanks out my lower taskbar and my office taskbar on the side. All the toolbars normally displayed at the top of IE disappear. I can only navigate by right clicking on the page and using the drop down window. I switched to Firefox and it works fine. Aaarrrggghhh!

Tiger's 'News Comference'....but of course I'll be watching

I should be excited about the weekend, but The Kid's birthday party is tomorrow. I described the plans to the other boys' moms thusly:

Percy Jackson is playing at 2:15 on Saturday. I was thinking I could start rounding up boys at about 1:30, take them over, send them into insulin shock at the snack counter, and sit several rows behind them so none of them has to acknowledge he has a parent.

The Kid wants to continue to ruin their nutrition at our house afterwards, and they could follow that up by doing extremely loud things in our basement with the Wii. Pickup 5:30, 6:00, what have you--our only plans for that evening will involve alcohol abuse and headache remedies.

I hit myself in the head with a 7 iron today.

As tempting as it is to agree, I cannot. I can't tell you how many times I've hit my leg with my putter walking off the green. If I take a cart, I usually bang my head getting in and out of it at least once in a round. I'm not sure how tall people do it.

As tempting as it is to agree, I cannot. I can't tell you how many times I've hit my leg with my putter walking off the green. If I take a cart, I usually bang my head getting in and out of it at least once in a round. I'm not sure how tall people do it.

You should stop listening to Quiet Riot during your rounds.

I find the golf course to be a dangerous place. I get dirty for one thing. I have broken out in hives a few times. I've been hit by balls three times - that hurt. I've gotten poison oak and gnats have terrorized me as they swarmed around my head. I've been freaked out by water rats and hawks. Banging my head is the least of my worries.

I had a weird thing happen tonight. A woman admired my golf shoes - I had the cute black ones that GG and JB gave me on - so I lifted one foot so she could see the shoe. Instead of just looking - she pulled it off my foot to look at it. I would have taken it off if she had asked. Who pulls someone's shoe off. :confused2:

I'm guessing not in public and not another guy's shoe.

Only woman of course, but i'm open to the public display bit. Remind me to tell you sometime about getting banned from one of the raunchiest bars in town.:comp:

I went to three stores looking for an egg beater and no one sells them any longer. Yes, I have a hand mixer and a whisk, but I want an egg beater. :at-wits-end:

Back