The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
(For things that don't quite rate a Rant.)

Banana strings.

I bought a cherry pitter and can't figure out why the pitted cherries taste better than the ones where you have to spit the pit out after you eat around it.

o ya those tick me off! the way you have to go out of your way to peel em off before you devour cause they tastes like crap! haha

sticking with the food theme, I hate all fruit that takes longer to peel then to eat such as kiwi and mango. They taste good but a pain to prepare.

sticking with the food theme, I hate all fruit that takes longer to peel then to eat such as kiwi and mango. They taste good but a pain to prepare.

I :love: mango and papaya.

I :love: mango and papaya.

I can't keep them straight. They're both just sweet with no particular flavor. This is probably very northern hemisphere-centric of me.

I can't keep them straight. They're both just sweet with no particular flavor. This is probably very northern hemisphere-centric of me.

Mango:
mango.JPG

Papaya:
papayas.jpg

The kids started day camp today. Two bathing suits and two beach towels per day per kid. You can't put bathing suits in the dryer, so that's a minimum of four suits per child. The Kid, in particular, is shooting up so fast I have to buy him new clothes every month. This may cost more than camp itself.

I don't like pizza crusts, why do they put that crap on the pizza.

I don't think it's anythng that they add special to the pizza Dent! It kind of comes with the territory!

Spoiler
Besides, I like the crust! You better not say you like breadsticks if you don't like the crust!

The whole food thing.....Im known in the conference for having dried fruit in my bag-always! I usually go with dried banana chips, pineapple, apple, coconut and my favorite papya! Couldnt believe you didnt know papya from mango! haha jk

Is that the cause for saucy demeanor today?

Aren't they also doing sleepaway camp this year? When does that start?

Good memory! Sleepaway camp (and Camp Grownup here at home) starts in three weeks.

Nah, no cause and effect. Still feeling totally overwhelmed.

I don't think it's anythng that they add special to the pizza Dent! It kind of comes with the territory!

Spoiler
Besides, I like the crust! You better not say you like breadsticks if you don't like the crust!

I don't like breadsticks either, unless they come with dipping sauce.

Food theme...why can't they get someone to take pistachios out of the shell? My fingertips get sore every time I eat them...

Also, who is the slob that spits sunflower seed husks all over my greens?

I second that. Chalk up tortilla chips that snap off in the salsa as well

Oh man do I hate that.

Ive had Freedom by Wham stuck in my head for a week. Its not bad enough for the Rant thread, but still bad.

Food theme...why can't they get someone to take pistachios out of the shell? My fingertips get sore every time I eat them...

Also, who is the slob that spits sunflower seed husks all over my greens?

I COMPLETELY agree with you about the pistachios. They are SOOOO good but I don't get them just because they are too much trouble. I mean, if you can make seedless watermelon, or even shell-less sunflower seeds...why not shell-less pistachios?!

I COMPLETELY agree with you about the pistachios. They are SOOOO good but I don't get them just because they are too much trouble.

When I eat anything that requires time and effort to prepare - nuts, lobster, etc. I take it all out of the shell first and then eat it. I'd rather enjoy savoring it than having to work as I go. That's why I bought the cherry pitter.

That's why I bought the cherry pitter.

And yet, the cherries don't seem to taste as good when you use it, do they?

Ironic, isn't it.

And yet, the cherries don't seem to taste as good when you use it, do they?

Ironic, isn't it.

I'm sorry I confused you in my original post - the pitted cherries taste better. The cherry pitter was a good investment. :good:

I'm sorry I confused you in my original post - the pitted cherries taste better. The cherry pitter was a good investment. :good:

Rats! Foiled again!

I COMPLETELY agree with you about the pistachios. They are SOOOO good but I don't get them just because they are too much trouble. I mean, if you can make seedless watermelon, or even shell-less sunflower seeds...why not shell-less pistachios?!

I believe they do don't they? Pretty sure I've picked some up around my neck of the woods.

I find this mildly annoying:

When you are driving down a two lane road and there is a car parked/walker/person on a bike/ect... in the other lane and the cars cut in to your lane of traffic like you are supposed to yeild to them because someone is blocking their side of the road....

Back