Dr, Chip, Putt Contest

I know it's awesome to see that. I wasn't trying to hint any lack of skill, I meant with all the pressure and the moment I figured there would be an occasional missed shot. Clearly these kids are phenomenal

Haha I didn't mean it that way. Sorry if that's how it came across. I was in the same boat as you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wish I was introduced to the game this early as well. golf would be a much different game to me.

Haha I didn't mean it that way. Sorry if that's how it came across. I was in the same boat as you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Haha it's all good, turns out we had similar thoughts. Seriously some of these kids around 10 yo at scratch or better is impressive. Makes me wish I started earlier

Just turned this on. Such a brilliant move by the golf powers that be. A great thrill for the kids and families, and something that regardless of how far these kids go or don't in the world of golf that they will never forget.

I really think the next year in First Tee is going to be EPIC!

Dreams are being formed in kids minds all across the country right this very minute.

JM

I've been watching this for a couple hours. So impressed by how good this is are. Their skill level is amazing.

My daughters run over and watch each girl as they come on TV. The 7 yr old already asked if she can go get her putter out of the carport closet!!! Awesome.

How far were the 9 and 10 year old boys driving the ball?

How far were the 9 and 10 year old boys driving the ball?

Consistently over 210. I thought the kid who won that age group hit 234

Edit: nvm I think he was 12

Last edited:
I wish they had this when I was a kid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious how many entries for next year already

Ok they seriously said that 15yo hit a 326yd 3w?? Wow. Granted he is built solid

Yeah, this Contreras kid is my favorite story. Most of these kids grew up on the golf course and that's great that their family could provide that, but I really like seeing the kids succeed that may not have had as many opportunities as others. And a 326 3W???

Yeah, this Contreras kid is my favorite story. Most of these kids grew up on the golf course and that's great that their family could provide that, but I really like seeing the kids succeed that may not have had as many opportunities as others. And a 326 3W???

I had to do a double take when I heard that. Unreal! Maybe Texas bounces, but still that's a bomb.

For sure. I was thinking the same thing. It's nice to see that story

I approve of that last fist pump. Looks like a shoulder was about to come out of the socket

I approve of that last fist pump. Looks like a shoulder was about to come out of the socket

It was a powerful one indeed.

Just got in from church and am watching the putting on #18. Very excited for these kids, a lifetime memory is being made right now.

Not sure what's more fun, watching the kids reactions or the parents.

I was going to try & play in between the rain but this is better

Love this. Favorite part is watching the pride in the chaperone's faces and the politeness of all of the kids. Golf is a great teacher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought this was an AWESOME event! Maybe it'll be picked up by NBC or CBS so more people get to enjoy the excitement on the faces of the kids and their proud parents!! It would be great for family TV!!!!

That story touched me.

Some serious talent in the young golfers. Peter Jacobson did a great job announcing. He's coming along really well in the booth.

These are some amazing kids in this.
Hopefully next year there will be more kids involved that didn't grow up playing on a country club.

Back