The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a thread for this. Dr, Chip, Putt contesr

Ugh. Life and work sometimes...especially work. I love teaching my kids, but sometimes I just loathe how just one weekend away from the classroom can set them back so much. It all comes down to the parents...and there are a few of those who are giving me headaches at the moment. Nothing worse than a parent in denial.

"But he's fine at home!" Right...so now it's our fault that your child is regressing? Sheesh.

Ugh. Life and work sometimes...especially work. I love teaching my kids, but sometimes I just loathe how just one weekend away from the classroom can set them back so much. It all comes down to the parents...and there are a few of those who are giving me headaches at the moment. Nothing worse than a parent in denial.

"But he's fine at home!" Right...so now it's our fault that your child is regressing? Sheesh.

Understand completely, ex worked @ elementary school as a unglorified asst. principal ( secretary)

Understand completely, ex worked @ elementary school as a unglorified asst. principal ( secretary)

My youngest was always the opposite. His teachers would rave about how well behaved and polite he was at school, but as soon as he hit the house, he was a terror.

I guess that's a lot better than the inverse though.

Wake up early to get on THP, and to get a bit of my weekend stuff done around the house.

Internet down. Seriously? This is becoming more and more common.

My wife's a teacher, and so are her sister, my brother my mother and 3 of my uncles.

Your rant is 100% dead on.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I hear ya Nate. This is never ending dilemma when I worked as a Special Education assistant Mondays were the worst because I was trying to RE teach procedures that had been forgotten over the weekend. Keep at it man

This has been an utter **** week. It started on Monday, when our oldest son was given a preliminary Autism diagnosis. Even though in the long run it opens doors to a better life for him, dealing with that initial hit is hard. Then on Thursday, I lost muscle control on the left side of my face. By Saturday I had a Bell's Palsy diagnosis and hoping I am not in that minority that has it permanently. Speech and eating are the challenges right now, though I think it's a little better today than it was yesterday so I am hopeful. Then comes to this morning at church, which is now our ex-church. I had a morning tee time, and usually we go to Saturday night Mass. That didn't happen so my wife had all four kids plus two others that we were keeping for the weekend for friends who are days away from having their third child. Our youngest (2) is babbling but nothing unlike what she has done before. We also have a well seen history of taking her out if she gets truly unruly. Wasn't close. She's babbling, and the priest (who recently took over for a wildly popular priest and has not been popular with a lot of the parish so far) stops Mass to walk over and tell my wife to do something about it or leave. My wife, who has just recently finished serving two years on the Parish Council, was shocked. They leave Mass right in the middle. Her parents, who have been going to that parish for 30 years, have said "no more". We are trying to figure out how to tell our kids that they did nothing wrong, that Jesus loves you and loves all children. Unbelievable. I want to go in there and get in this guy's face about it, but it would be to no avail. We are going to do some things, including filing a complaint to the Archbishop of Detroit about this. And now we are going to find a new parish, one that maybe gets that kids are a blessing and not an hindrance.

Just a really crappy week.

Oh, and I can't putt for **** right now either.

This has been an utter **** week. It started on Monday, when our oldest son was given a preliminary Autism diagnosis. Even though in the long run it opens doors to a better life for him, dealing with that initial hit is hard. Then on Thursday, I lost muscle control on the left side of my face. By Saturday I had a Bell's Palsy diagnosis and hoping I am not in that minority that has it permanently. Speech and eating are the challenges right now, though I think it's a little better today than it was yesterday so I am hopeful. Then comes to this morning at church, which is now our ex-church. I had a morning tee time, and usually we go to Saturday night Mass. That didn't happen so my wife had all four kids plus two others that we were keeping for the weekend for friends who are days away from having their third child. Our youngest (2) is babbling but nothing unlike what she has done before. We also have a well seen history of taking her out if she gets truly unruly. Wasn't close. She's babbling, and the priest (who recently took over for a wildly popular priest and has not been popular with a lot of the parish so far) stops Mass to walk over and tell my wife to do something about it or leave. My wife, who has just recently finished serving two years on the Parish Council, was shocked. They leave Mass right in the middle. Her parents, who have been going to that parish for 30 years, have said "no more". We are trying to figure out how to tell our kids that they did nothing wrong, that Jesus loves you and loves all children. Unbelievable. I want to go in there and get in this guy's face about it, but it would be to no avail. We are going to do some things, including filing a complaint to the Archbishop of Detroit about this. And now we are going to find a new parish, one that maybe gets that kids are a blessing and not an hindrance.

Just a really crappy week.

Oh, and I can't putt for **** right now either.
Holy crap, that's some BS. I would tell him about it and file the complaint. We came to church today to find little placards on the pews explaining how kids were welcome and giving parents tips about how to make the experience better, and a message to the non parents that the kids are important to the parish. I'm so sorry that you had a different experience. I'm happy to hear you come at this from the perspective of telling the kids that Jesus loves them.

My wrist...fml

Tap Tap Taparoo

Went to a sports bar last night and was told it could be a 45 minute wait. Gave our name a patiently waited. Two very large women came in 15 minutes later, were told 45 minutes and asked if they could be seated faster. After being told no, they grumbled and stepped aside. The next part is unbelievable. One asked for a glass of orange juice for her friend because she's a diabetic and was light headed. After finishing the OJ they asked for the manager. Needless to say they were seated immediately. We were sat next to them 10 minutes later. After they crushed 40 wings and a basket of fries along with bottomless diet cokes I had a thought. However, my loving wife would not allow me to send a complimentary Fudge Brownie ice cream sundae their way. Un freaking believable.

Where was this?

Gators Oakleaf.

Crazy.

We went to Mellow in avondale and was told it was going to be an hour wait. Left our number and they would text us when our table is ready. We left to go grab a drink at a different place and got the text no longer than 5 min. We called back and said give out table to someone else.

One last thing about today (as if there wasn't already enough), we were needlessly pushed by the group behind us. I was walking, my partner was riding solo in a cart. I'll be honest, he is not good at Ready Golf, and can veer towards slow play at times. But we finished 9 holes in almost exactly 2:15, right on pace. But from the 5th hole on the foursome behind us (all riding solo in separate carts) were constantly on top of us, with one douche giving me the "get going" hand signal once. With the events from this morning's Mass still stewing in my head, it probably was best for his well being that he didn't try that again. Had they asked, I would have let them play through, but they never did. So that makes them the worst kind of speed golfers, only wanting to b*tch about it but not do anything.

Gah. I need to get drunk. Except I can't because I'm loaded up on antibiotics and antivirals. Gaaaahh.

My 4th day dealing with a back injury/pain. :angry: I've got work to do on the driving range this week!!! :banghead: I've got a round of golf with DawgDaddy Thursday. :golf2:It's got to get better soon. :beat-up:

My 4th day dealing with a back injury/pain. :angry: I've got work to do on the driving range this week!!! :banghead: I've got a round of golf with DawgDaddy Thursday. :golf2:It's got to get better soon. :beat-up:
Rest up, heal up, get better soon Bill.

Don't push it. The worse thing you can do is aggravate it more and out you out longer.

Hate hearing this buddy, but all good things come from those who wait. Get fully healed up for the long run!

My wife has friends visiting from out of town on this coming Sunday. She's trying to get me to hang out with them for most of the day. Apparently she still doesn't realize the importance of Masters Sunday despite being married to me for years.

My wife has friends visiting from out of town on this coming Sunday. She's trying to get me to hang out with them for most of the day. Apparently she still doesn't realize the importance of Masters Sunday despite being married to me for years.

Haha. She will get it one of these years.

Don't rush back too quickly OG. Take care of that back and get it better!

I can empathize with you, Ary. I'm basically missing every day but Thursday, as I'm flying out to Reno on Friday and will be working 12 - 16 hour days through next Wednesday. I'm hoping the Masters app at least gives me highlights I can look at for a few minutes each day.

Birthday Thursday. No biggie to me, I've had plenty.

Wife decides to have us go out to a Japanese BBQ place with some family/friends. Fine. She's set this up for Sunday afternoon / evening. NOT fine.
Almost swallowed my tongue when she told me, looked at my face, and asked "Oh, is your golf thingy on this weekend? They'll show highlights later, won't they?"

Perhaps I could have been clearer when she asked me what I wanted. She may have misconstrued "A bottle and a television Sunday".

Show up but keep your head stuck in your phone all day, and whenever something drastic happens hoot and holler and make a big fuss over it and end with ... "Wow, wish I had seen that live on my television" while staring at your wife. :wink:

Just kidding ... that is definitely not a recommended course of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back