Bridgestone J40 Driver Review Thread

JM- it's 46" overall length. And I also measured from top of ferrule to far end of grip and that's 42". Hope you understand.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Wow, it felt shorter. Thank you, the one I have is about those specs. Will measure shortly to be sure.

Thanks man!

JM

This driver is SO responsive to the swing quality placed on it. I only really 'missed' one swing today with it, and even that one rolled through some hard pan rough to silly distances.

I can't wait to give another j40 setup a shot soon. As I close in on the Morgan Cup, the idea of loft and shaft are really starting to build in my head.

This driver is SO responsive to the swing quality placed on it. I only really 'missed' one swing today with it, and even that one rolled through some hard pan rough to silly distances.

I can't wait to give another j40 setup a shot soon. As I close in on the Morgan Cup, the idea of loft and shaft are really starting to build in my head.

If you had to pull the trigger tonight, what set-up would you go with?

O.k. So you didn't ask me, but 445 with PX 5.0 in 10.5

Fitting might tweak those numbers, but the loft is a good thing and I am comfy with the shaft.

JM

O.k. So you didn't ask me, but 445 with PX 5.0 in 10.5

Fitting might tweak those numbers, but the loft is a good thing and I am comfy with the shaft.

JM

Always nice when the stock shaft works out. Bridgestone paired the head with that shaft for a reason.

If you had to pull the trigger tonight, what set-up would you go with?

Man that is SUCH a tough call. I am pretty confident that I could get by with the 10.5 loft, but on shaft, I am so unsure.

JB is a tough egg to crack. I've been begging him to give me hints lately, but credit to him, he's not one to guess and would need to see my swing first hand.

The Diamana ahina or Kai'li is an interesting option, probably in the 71 gram weighting. I find them to be very stable shafts that respond well as I transition towards the ball. The AD-DI 7x has been a nice pairing for me in the SLDR, but it's SUCH a different club, I'd be too afraid to just guess on a shaft there. The Motore Speeder is another interesting option, hovering right around 3.0 torque.

Honestly Erik, I'm not convinced I could justify a combo right now. The only thing I have decent confidence in is a lack of need for the 430. I'm about 99% sure I'll go 445.

Man that is SUCH a tough call. I am pretty confident that I could get by with the 10.5 loft, but on shaft, I am so unsure.

JB is a tough egg to crack. I've been begging him to give me hints lately, but credit to him, he's not one to guess and would need to see my swing first hand.

The Diamana ahina or Kai'li is an interesting option, probably in the 71 gram weighting. I find them to be very stable shafts that respond well as I transition towards the ball. The AD-DI 7x has been a nice pairing for me in the SLDR, but it's SUCH a different club, I'd be too afraid to just guess on a shaft there. The Motore Speeder is another interesting option, hovering right around 3.0 torque.

Honestly Erik, I'm not convinced I could justify a combo right now. The only thing I have decent confidence in is a lack of need for the 430. I'm about 99% sure I'll go 445.

Have you chatted with the B-fit guys at all about the driver?

You had to go there didn't you Erik??? :)

I have been bugging JB as well, which he provided some options. I just dropped of the 10.5 to get shafted with the 5.5 Project X playing at 44 3/4 yesterday. Should have back in hand by tomorrow.

I have been enjoying what the 12 has been providing ball flight wise.

This last little test should lead me down the road for which loft I'll be going with.

Have you chatted with the B-fit guys at all about the driver?

I did, actually. Spoke with them shortly after out Bridgestone conference call the other week, and while I had a handful of my numbers on hand, there seemed to be a bit of hesitance in suggesting a certain shaft. They encouraged utilizing the test drive program, which while they don't offer the perfect options for me (x seems to only be in the 430), I'll likely consider giving it a run after I get back from Vacation next weekend.

I played today and missed the J40 being in the bag. The 445 with the AD-DI 7X is a fairway finder for me. Long, straights, and consistent. Definitely a setup I will strongly consider for the MC.

I played today and missed the J40 being in the bag. The 445 with the AD-DI 7X is a fairway finder for me. Long, straights, and consistent. Definitely a setup I will strongly consider for the MC.

you missed it, and I pounded the ball with it.

While the plug in the top of it about gave me a fit half way through (I just choked up), I felt like I couldn't miss with it.

Heck, I even had a few that went for a while in the air, bounced, and did this thing called "roll" which I've never heard of before from a driver.

Had a great reminder why I will never get rid of this driver today during my round. Straight arrows all day long. It's one of the best drivers out there when your swing is on.

you missed it, and I pounded the ball with it.

While the plug in the top of it about gave me a fit half way through (I just choked up), I felt like I couldn't miss with it.

Heck, I even had a few that went for a while in the air, bounced, and did this thing called "roll" which I've never heard of before from a driver.

Roll is a rare thing about these parts, haha. How does it compare for you with your other setup?

Roll is a rare thing about these parts, haha. How does it compare for you with your other setup?

Improved, but the shaft is more stout and heavier which probably plays a decent part in it.

I'd love to see it against a 7 series attas t2. I'd also love to see it against a Speeder VC7.2, a Diamana Kai'li 70x....

Oh the ponders..

Improved, but the shaft is more stout and heavier which probably plays a decent part in it.

I'd love to see it against a 7 series attas t2. I'd also love to see it against a Speeder VC7.2, a Diamana Kai'li 70x....

Oh the ponders..

Feel free to cut off the extension!

I'm glad for the experience with it man!!

Do you know how long it's playing right now?

I was choking down on it as well Dan. I normally play my drivers at 44 3/4.

I was choking down on it as well Dan. I normally play my drivers at 44 3/4.

I've been getting more and more comfortable around 45 myself. It's not to say that 46 isn't a riot, I just prefer the accuracy of a shorter driver head. Easier to get into the zone for me.

I've been getting more and more comfortable around 45 myself. It's not to say that 46 isn't a riot, I just prefer the accuracy of a shorter driver head. Easier to get into the zone for me.

I played my 913 at 46 for long time. Now my Cally drivers are 45.5. I may need to go 45 as well. Will find out more as I groove this new swing

Didn't you go through another fitting at some point for a different club and the DI-7X was the winner for that club too? If that was the case, I don't see the point in you considering other shafts. But that comes from a AD DI lover like myself.

I should be getting my J40 w/ a ProjectX 5.5 at 10.5 back tomorrow at 44.75 tomorrow. Can't wait to see the accuracy I'm provided.

Didn't you go through another fitting at some point for a different club and the DI-7X was the winner for that club too? If that was the case, I don't see the point in you considering other shafts. But that comes from a AD DI lover like myself.

I was fitted to that shaft as well, however I wasn't sold on that and now listening to the inner PM's with more knowledge I am receiving.

Back