Bridgestone J40 Driver Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This driver arrived at THP HQ and we wanted to show you guys a quick video of the unboxing and first impressions.

Edit: Here is the review of the Bridgestone J40 driver line.

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=14956

Last edited:
Great video JB. I know you talked about it in another thread briefly, but how is it a driver is "spin killing?" I'm not questioning that it doesn't do what you are saying, I am curious as to how it does it....

BDG

nice looking driver. I know the J38 received some solid reviews on here. I like how companies continue to offer a great shaft as the stock option.

• Admin
Great video JB. I know you talked about it in another thread briefly, but how is it a driver is "spin killing?" I'm not questioning that it doesn't do what you are saying, I am curious as to how it does it....

BDG

Different driver heads offer different levels of spin. This is a very low spinning driver head.

nice looking driver. I know the J38 received some solid reviews on here. I like how companies continue to offer a great shaft as the stock option.

The J38 was quite nice, and I was seriously considering dropping my Cobra for it, but it didn't work out. Bridgestone once again flys under the radar with an awesome product....

I like the look of this a lot.

Nice preview JB. I like the "smaller" look of it, interesting to see how many OEMs are still going without adjustability in their drivers. Looking forward to your full review.

Different driver heads offer different levels of spin. This is a very low spinning driver head.

Ok, thanks JB.

Spin killer plus a sweet spot running more vertical sounds like a game winner to me. As someone that hits a bit high on the club face at times, I like the idea behind this. Looks classic to boot - look forward to seeing what numbers this puts up on the LM in comparison to some other recent tests. Thanks for sharing with us!

I dont like the colour combo of the blue shaft and the red tints on the head. A red px shaft (even the real deal) would be so hot.

Im intrigued to say the least, and I could very well see this as being my next driver.

JB... are we talking superdeep territory here? Is it in that league off of first impressions?

Interesting. Thanks for the video. I like the design going on for the head though simple yet good looking.

spin killing...yes please!

awesome Video. Can you give me a general idea with spin difference between this & the R-11

I love the looks of this driver, it should be a great performer with that shaft in it as well. I have a J38 with the exact same shaft only 6.5 flex. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this thing!

I too am surprised about the lack of adjust-ability in new offerings but at the same time, since you should be getting fit and you're not allowed to adjust mid round I understand why you don't need it...

This one looks quite slick, LOVE the PX shaft offering too... Nice initial video here and can't wait to get your thoughts. Whats the price point currently set at? And the PX shaft is the standard offering not an upgrade/option?

JB... are we talking superdeep territory here? Is it in that league off of first impressions?

I dont have a SuperDeep here to compare, but if its not that deep, its close.

awesome Video. Can you give me a general idea with spin difference between this & the R-11

Not until I get them on the launch monitor, but if I had to guess, I would say this is lower spinning.

Love the spin killer concept, and I can't wait to get my hands on one to swing it.

Looks like a beauty too, can't wait to see the writeup JB!

I'm liking the classic and simple looks of this one. Should be an interesting review. Thanks for the teaser video!!

Good video. I like that it comes with the PX shaft.

I dont have a SuperDeep here to compare, but if its not that deep, its close.

Wow. That is a spin-killer. I know some folks who would definitely be interested in a club like this.

I too am surprised about the lack of adjust-ability in new offerings but at the same time, since you should be getting fit and you're not allowed to adjust mid round I understand why you don't need it...

This one looks quite slick, LOVE the PX shaft offering too... Nice initial video here and can't wait to get your thoughts. Whats the price point currently set at? And the PX shaft is the standard offering not an upgrade/option?

Im surprised people are talking about adjustability as much. I really am. I know its really popular now because TaylorMade and Titleist both offer it (and others), but so many companies are not doing it.

Cleveland
Ping
Callaway
Wilson
Mizuno
Bridgestone

And yes, some mentioned above offer some form of it, but for hte most part they are staying traditional. There are those in the industry that are not for it as much as others.

On my to try list at the May 2012 THP Outing. Sharp looking driver with a great stock shaft is going to turn some heads!

Any confirmation from Bstone on the shaft being the real deal?

It looks real good at at address. Can't help but ponder this a bit. Lower spin and high forgiveness sound like my kind of driver!

Back