Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pondering These good prices
mfNJqiS.jpg

qka6qg5.jpg

Easy decision there. Pull the trigger!

After playing an unfamiliar course with a whole group of guys with rangefinders who had to give me distances, I share this ponder. I just really don't want to spent $200 (or more) right now, which are the prices I see for the good ones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I have a V3 Slope edition laying around somewhere. Remind me and I'll bring it on Saturday and you can see if you like it.

Pondering new irons...might go Swoosh-style...love the looks go the 2.0 range. And reviews seem to be pretty good...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pondering new irons...might go Swoosh-style...love the looks go the 2.0 range. And reviews seem to be pretty good...

Definitely an improvement over the original covert irons. Do you prefer the forged or cast?

Definitely an improvement over the original covert irons. Do you prefer the forged or cast?

Not sure, will probably go for cast... Maximum forgiveness...

Not sure, will probably go for cast... Maximum forgiveness...

Give the forged a try as well. The club head is almost identical and the forged still offers a lot of forgiveness compared to their Pro Combo line.

I have a V3 Slope edition laying around somewhere. Remind me and I'll bring it on Saturday and you can see if you like it.

Wow, thanks a bunch man! Would definitely be great to try one out first.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Today's ponder is a Cleveland 588 RTX 54° wedge. Ponder is on and will see what kind of deals I can find. Have heard great thing's about these wedges and would love to have one before July.

Now I want a taylormade putter. I don't really know why.

WZ016_hero_wide_F.jpg

Oh my

Quoting again today because I still know nothing about it and want is so bad.

A new hybrid...

My Fybrid launches just a touch too high for my liking.

Well I think the winter was too long. I just compiled my ponder list and it has just a FEW options. LOL

Callaway Apex
Callaway Aprex Pros
Callaway XHot2

TMAG JetSpped
TMAG MC's
TMAG CB's

Nike Covert 2.0

Callaway BIG Bertha
Callaway Alpha

TMAG SLDR

Callaway Big Bertha 3 wood
Callaway XHot 2 Deep

Callaway MD2 54*

TMAG ATV 52*

Hopkins 56*

Good thing there is a multi brand demo day this week nearby

Rob anything in my bag is available to hit, if that helps the ponder lol

Thanks Kev. I appreciate it. So many good options out there this year.

Jeeze rob looks like you got some work to do..
Well I think the winter was too long. I just compiled my ponder list and it has just a FEW options. LOL

Callaway Apex
Callaway Aprex Pros
Callaway XHot2

TMAG JetSpped
TMAG MC's
TMAG CB's

Nike Covert 2.0

Callaway BIG Bertha
Callaway Alpha

TMAG SLDR

Callaway Big Bertha 3 wood
Callaway XHot 2 Deep

Callaway MD2 54*

TMAG ATV 52*

Hopkins 56*

Good thing there is a multi brand demo day this week nearby

Today's ponder is a Cleveland 588 RTX 54° wedge. Ponder is on and will see what kind of deals I can find. Have heard great thing's about these wedges and would love to have one before July.

I was thinking the same thing last night, I know my father in law has a set and I think Im going to try and borrow them for a bit.

I was thinking the same thing last night, I know my father in law has a set and I think Im going to try and borrow them for a bit.

I'm thinking I have some last year clubs I might try and trade in for a wedge or two.

Fairway wood. I need to fit the gap between the 3h and driver. The Optiforce 4W is great in that gap, but I'm not as consistent with it as I'd like to be and am looking for a little more weight in the shaft. I'm wondering what a 5deep would do, but also looking at 3 and 4w's across the board. Here are some that come to mind, but let me know your thoughts.

SLDR with the Ka'li (it'd mirror my driver)
X2 hot (deep and regular)
Big Bertha
G25
Tight Lies?

Fairway wood. I need to fit the gap between the 3h and driver. The Optiforce 4W is great in that gap, but I'm not as consistent with it as I'd like to be and am looking for a little more weight in the shaft. I'm wondering what a 5deep would do, but also looking at 3 and 4w's across the board. Here are some that come to mind, but let me know your thoughts.

Big Bertha
G25
Tight Lies?

I would add the Bio Cell to that list. Even with the stock shaft I was hitting the 5W farther than most 3 woods I have had in the bag. MyFly8 makes getting the right gap easy too.

I would add the Bio Cell to that list. Even with the stock shaft I was hitting the 5W farther than most 3 woods I have had in the bag. MyFly8 makes getting the right gap easy too.

I'm glad you mentioned it. I really liked the hybrid and would like some adjustability to play with to get the gapping just right. It will definitely be on the list.

Big Bertha
G25
Tight Lies?

you should add the 588 fairway to your list, this thing is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back