Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
239 yard 4w into a par 5 green in 2. :bulgy-eyes:

Drove the green to here on this 270 yard uphill par 4. It would have been impressive had Saskey not hit his damn FW to the same place haha.
8u5ydyga.jpg

#17 at Waterlefe, 160 out, 8i to a few inches.

ade7e7u6.jpg

Attaboy RyJo!

Not necessarily one shot, but I was in 4 bunkers today and got up an down out of 3 of them.

First bunker shot of the year. From about 15y to 5' from the hole. Drained the putt for a sand save par. There are no practice bunkers anywhere near me so this was the first swing out if the sand period.

Best shot today was a wedge uphill to a blind pin. Stuck it to about 10 feet for bird, and missed the putt... Mine is the ball on the right.

9C9BFFBB-0A64-4064-9FFB-3F8E1DFD62B9_zpsicmhw54p.jpg

Meadowwood GC. - 7th hole - 500 yd. par 5.
25 yd chip in for eagle. (first eagle of the year)

About 125 from the pin with a right to left wind. Hit a gap wedge It landed about 2 feet in front of the pin and rolled to about six inches.

Yesterday's round. Pr 3 160 into the wind. Validated the Birdie. You can just see the ball mark there at about 10 o'clock.

20140405_122822_zps2r5zhp89.jpg

JM

We needed a birdie on 18. I hit a bomb down the middle, leaving me 136 from the green, into the wind. I hit a 9 iron as well as I can hit it. Perfect little draw that backed up 2 feet, leaving me 6 feet for birdie, which I made.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Best shot(s) was both times I played Hole 4 at my home course. Par 4 playing 250 yards. 3 wood to within 5 feet of the front edge both times (which lead to easy birdies both times).

~Rock

It wasnt my actual shot, but a playing partner.

#17 yesterday... Playing along with a good buddy and his cousin & uncle.

Buddies cousin had REALLY been struggling all day. Step up to a 204 yard par 4 and we all tee off and 2 of us are on the green and one right of the green. The cousin stepped up and hit it a whopping 70 yards straight up in the air...

My buddy really starts giving him a hard time about barely making it past the ladies tee. So, the cousin says... I will beat you on this hole overall score. My buddy says, if you beat me on this hole, I will hit the next tee ball with my pants down by my ankles. Well, I am sure you know how it goes from him....

Cousin steps up from 130 out... Hits a solid approach... one hop and a little roll and the ball falls in the cup. It was INSANE. The furthest I have ever seen someone hole out from.

Needless to say, my buddy had his golf slacks down at his ankles on hole 18 and it was HILARIOUS!

Par 4, 380yds with a ditch running across the fairway at around 230yds from the tee so I decided to take an iron off the tee with the intention of hitting to around 200-210yds to leave myself short of the ditch - didn't hit it at all well and left myself with a good 210+yds to the green

Bearing in mind the soggy conditions, I did not expect to hit the green - the ball was sitting quite nicely but the ground felt very damp under my feet so I took the 4i out of the bag with the intention of laying up, but caught the ball absolutely perfect and got a perfect flight that started at the bunker at the front right of the green and with the right to left headwind it came down and obviously found a dry spot to land on as it then chased up and through the back of the green

The resulting lie was unfortunate, but the shot to get there was one of the few decent swings I made all day

First hole yesterday: Bad drive left me with 210 to the flag on a side-hill lie with the ball below my feet. Cleveland Classic 2 Hybrid to 12 feet below the hole. Winter punched greens lead to a tap in par rather than a birdie, but that's fine with me.

I had two shots at about 50 yards that I got within inches of the hole on 7 and 13. Pelz is my friend.

First round this past Saturday with a new set of Adams CB3 irons, duffed a 3 wood, 205 out, right side in the rough, mounds, and two tress in my direct line of sight to a pin tucked right, framed by a fairly deep bunker. Figured let's see what a 4 iron can do, and sure enough, nice baby draw, and landed soft rolled to about 10 feet.

A 280 yard drive. Even found the fairway! Never got that far on that hole before. Killed that sucker.

Yesterday: After a fat 9 iron left me 30 yards from the green, a pitch in birdie.

Today: 184 6 iron from a fairway bunker to four feet but missed the birdie.

Didn't finish particularly close but very pleased with the line :)
155yd tee shot on a hole where my usual shot is short right in the trees.

2014-04-08%20online.jpg

130 yards into a 25mph wind used a knock down 7 iron punch to 5 feet and made the bird.

From the tee box looking at a fairway with bunkers everywhere, the goal was to carry the front right bunker and have it draw to the left and miss the second bunker. Hit a low drawing bomb and figured it was about 250. Got up to the ball and I was dead center after a 301 yard drive! For a narrow and deadly fairway I was pleased.

Wrist brace is paying dividends....

2014-04-11%208iron.jpg

Best 8 iron I've ever hit, felt great right from impact.

One of these (the only good ones I hit all day):
First hole was playing 320, I hit my Bertha 38 yards short of the green.
Ninth hole is a par 5, and after topping my Bertha off the tee, I hit consecutive 588 3 wood shots that each carried 230 or so to give myself a chance at par (missed the putt).
16th hole I hit Bertha another 270..which is fine...but I was able to cut the ball (a huge challenge for me) to fit the shape of the slight dogleg.

A beautiful 8 iron from 145 on a par 3 in a scramble to 3ft. A close second was an absolute bomb of a drive on a par 5 that caught a little slope and left us with about 160 (scramble format from white tees playing 465). I'm not a big hitter, usually a good drive will get me 250-260, average 230.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back