Favorite Golf Polo

Acuna

Reaction score
Handicap
long irons
Who makes your favorite golf polo and why is it your favorite? Material? Cut? Colors/Pattern?

I need to get some new shirts for this summer and was on the range this morning before work with a long sleeve dress shirt. I couldn't help be see how the cut of my work shirt was getting in the way of my golf swing.

Right now its Cross. Also have a Bobby Jones I love.

Alial Fital hands down. Cut, material, and style is above the rest of the golf polos out there. They are a little more expensive but worth it.

My favorite polo that I have right now is my Yellow Penguin golf polo. I have some other ones but the fit on that is spot on, plus it's a bright canary yellow which I love.

I have a few favorites.

Hollas - love the cuts for my body type and material is great for a variety of temps.
Bobby Jones - Great material and designs I can where anywhere.
UA - Material isn't as luxurious, but is functional and not spandexy and the designs appeal to me.

Alial Fital hands down. Cut, material, and style is above the rest of the golf polos out there. They are a little more expensive but worth it.

They make a quality shirt, but I am not sure I would go that route outside of the style part which is subjective of course. Cut will be dependent on the person and material, well, I will leave that one alone right now. But suffice it to say that quite a few brands are using materials that are extremely high end (including AF since changing a bit from the early shirts).

Matte Grey for me. Love them. They cut well to my shoulders and thats the biggest thing for me as it pertains to fit, not too baggy, not too euro. Awesome on hot days too. Big fan.

Recently purchased my first Dunning Golf shirt. Really like it and has quickly become one of my favs.

Travis Mathew or RLX. I enjoy RLX's material more, but love TM's styling and cut. So, it's a toss up between those two for me.

100% cotton Nautica polos are my favorite golf shirts.

They make a quality shirt, but I am not sure I would go that route outside of the style part which is subjective of course. Cut will be dependent on the person and material, well, I will leave that one alone right now. But suffice it to say that quite a few brands are using materials that are extremely high end (including AF since changing a bit from the early shirts).

I agree with you. Obviously my opinion. As I have a more muscular, athletic body type I really appreciate their cut. I'm over a lot of the golf polos being oversized or not using a tailored fit in their shirts.

For me it is Puma or Adidas.

I agree with you. Obviously my opinion. As I have a more muscular, athletic body type I really appreciate their cut. I'm over a lot of the golf polos being oversized or not using a tailored fit in their shirts.

Me too (in terms of cut). Its why I like Fairway Styles as most of their brands offer Euro Cut and brands like Cross are definitely athletic.

Me too (in terms of cut). Its why I like Fairway Styles as most of their brands offer Euro Cut and brands like Cross are definitely athletic.

I'm going to have to check out Cross. Fairway styles is definitely a good site for more stylish polos.

I do like J Lindeberg too.

My favorite polo is a Cutter and Buck, but I have some by Adidas and even Fila that I like almost as well.

At the moment, probably Oakley for me, due to the athletic cut. Love an Ashford polo I have as well, it doesn't fit as nicely but the material is super soft and it's a sharp shirt.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

UA - as a tall skinny guy I wear a men's small. This normally results in a shirt that fits my shoulder and arms well and isn't too baggy. However sometimes they can be a little short and don't stay tucked in. I like the UA ah it's because they are cut longer and I don't have to sacrifice my shirt coming untucked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Adidas Climalite fits me perfect, is comfortable, and is always easy to find.

Currently Travis Mathew. I have a purple and a new white one with a couple of colored stripes going across the chest. Love the cut and fit the most. The slimmer the fit the better for me. I know a lot of brands say they have a slim fit/cut but then it try them on and feel like I am wearing a cardboard box.

The Alial seems like they are slimmer but I haven't actually seen these in person or had a chance to try them on.

UA - as a tall skinny guy I wear a men's small. This normally results in a shirt that fits my shoulder and arms well and isn't too baggy. However sometimes they can be a little short and don't stay tucked in. I like the UA ah it's because they are cut longer and I don't have to sacrifice my shirt coming untucked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

This was something I noticed with XH20 shirts from Bobby Jones. They will not come untucked, which is a good thing. Makes wearing them untucked a little less appealing, but the cotton shirts work well in that situation.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?56788-2014-Bobby-Jones-Spring-Apparel-Review

I will say that cotton + Texas summer = no bueno. Learned that last year.

I will say that cotton + Texas summer = no bueno. Learned that last year.

For sure. I was talking more in a casual setting.

I really like Puma, Izod, Ogio and Nike. The Puma I've got on right now is by far one of the best I've owned. I will never spend more than $50 on a polo. I'm in the apparel business and know costs of all this stuff. Retail is a total ripoff.

I really loved my Travis Mathew but lately it doesn't fit like it used to and just doesn't look as good. It's only 6 months old and has only seen the course a few times although I wear it to work often.

Izod has killer deals so I like them. Many of their polos I've paid less than $15 for. They aren't super high end but for $15, tough to beat.

I find Ogio is super over looked by most. All of their stuff that I own is consistent and fits properly.

I still favor adidas, they fit my body well and the materials they use are to my liking.

I really like the couple Peter Millar polos that I have. They feel incredibly soft and comfortable, but they are very good at wicking away moisture.

Downside is that they are pricey. The two I have were defacto prizes from a golf tournament. Still, I always keep a lookout for a "good" price on one.

Back