The 2014 THP Events Calendar

Hey, they already give me 10 vacation, 5 personal, and 5 sick. I can elect to buy more vacation when open enrollment comes around at the end of the year but I haven't found the need to buy more....until I found THP! :)

I have plenty of vacation days, so no stress on that front. It is just the getting in part.
I *need* to get into one of these last few events this year. Hate the odds but going to try. All the events are awesome but really would like to be able to do the Gauntlet or Grandaddy. Bridgestone Championship would be unreal as well, but not sure on being able to pull that off if I could even get in. Just gonna keep working, hoping and try wgen the time comes, though.

Lots of great events just around the corner and with the season opening up, it will soon be time for more chances to get into many such as The Grandaddy, Gauntlet, #PersonalDistance, THP Bridgestone Championship, etc.

A whole lot of goodness right there !

Hard to believe we have so many incredible events still to go.

I believe it. I'm watching them very closely and waiting for opportunities to get into the ones I'm not already in. Love THP Events!

I believe it. I'm watching them very closely and waiting for opportunities to get into the ones I'm not already in. Love THP Events!

Rooting for you to complete the holy grand slam of THP events :)

The beauty of THP in 2014, I love it!!!

Thanks guys, we are pretty excited about the remaining events.

Thanks guys, we are pretty excited about the remaining events.

Just a few more weeks until I get to bother JB again!

Looking forward to trying and get into one of the remaining southeast events. I'd love to take a bunch of pictures of an event and post on here.

Looking forward to trying and get into one of the remaining southeast events. I'd love to take a bunch of pictures of an event and post on here.

There are some instances where it happens, but do keep in mind that time does dictate a lot of that.

There are some instances where it happens, but do keep in mind that time does dictate a lot of that.

I'm keeping my eye on The Gauntlet signup events and going to try and get in that way :)

I'm keeping my eye on The Gauntlet signup events and going to try and get in that way :)

That is going to be a pretty awesome event. I will tell you if your plan is going for photography, time will be quite limited at this one. 36 holes, heavy competition and private dinners. I think quite a few brought cameras to #TheKing and very few got a chance to even use them.

However I will once again say its just an awesome event being planned. Golfers are going to absolutely love it. If #TheKing gave any insight...Its going to be up there with the best of the year.

That is going to be a pretty awesome event. I will tell you if your plan is going for photography, time will be quite limited at this one. 36 holes, heavy competition and private dinners. I think quite a few brought cameras to #TheKing and very few got a chance to even use them.

However I will once again say its just an awesome event being planned. Golfers are going to absolutely love it. If #TheKing gave any insight...Its going to be up there with the best of the year.
QFT, 2014 has been and will continue to be EPIC!!!

I got in a few when I met some of the THP guys at The Shoals a few months back (http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ng-2-21-2-23&p=2820453&viewfull=1#post2820453).

When time is at a minimal, I'll usually bring my Sony RX100 for using on the course which has a much bigger sensor and can get DSLR level pics during the daytime, but is a point and shoot sized camera, so easy to keep in the cup holder. I'm sure for dinners, I can bring the full-frame camera and get some really cool indoor stuff. I'd be glad to pass on some photography time to be able to hang out with everyone. I'm hoping the Memphis area guys get together again before the year is over. Had a blast with CJ and those guys that day we all got together at The Shoals.

Gatherings are awesome, but they are definitely a bit less scheduled than official THP Events.

I keep saying that I plan on stepping aside on THP events post July, and letting other THPers experience the fun that I had during the first half of the year.

Then I look at what's on the fall schedule: Wilson (yes please), Gauntlet (yes please), Bridgestone Championship at the bear trap (yes please)...the Grandaddy Dos (oh man).

In not sure how I'm going to talk myself out of going for ALL of those events.

I got in a few when I met some of the THP guys at The Shoals a few months back (http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ng-2-21-2-23&p=2820453&viewfull=1#post2820453).

When time is at a minimal, I'll usually bring my Sony RX100 for using on the course which has a much bigger sensor and can get DSLR level pics during the daytime, but is a point and shoot sized camera, so easy to keep in the cup holder. I'm sure for dinners, I can bring the full-frame camera and get some really cool indoor stuff. I'd be glad to pass on some photography time to be able to hang out with everyone. I'm hoping the Memphis area guys get together again before the year is over. Had a blast with CJ and those guys that day we all got together at The Shoals.

If you are coming to an event to play golf and partake in what these events are all about, taking pictures will quickly become an after thought

If you are coming to an event to play golf and partake in what these events are all about, taking pictures will quickly become an after thought

So true. I meant to take many more pics during the events I've been to but get wrapped up in the golf and fellowship with THPers

So true. I meant to take many more pics during the events I've been to but get wrapped up in the golf and fellowship with THPers

I can imagine. I like doing photography as a hobby, so hopefully I'd be able to get some in. It's not too hard to snaps some pics during a round if you're on a cart if you have an eye to get good pics at the right time. Of course, I have to get into the event first. I'm sure the fellowship at these events are great.

One of my favorite pics I did, was one I did during a round at Cascata in Vegas a few months back:

Easy, don't. Go. For. Them. All.
I guess part of what I was saying is that they all sound so incredible. And there is no guarantee to getting in any of them, but how could you choose one if there was?

I hope this does not come off the wrong way, because I sincerely dont mean it to.
It seems like the goal is to get into the THP Event to market the photography. The beauty behind THP Events is the hosts are there to take as many pictures as possible and share them with the world. This way the players can sit back, relax and enjoy the event, the golf, the dinners, etc. Now of course everybody can take their own pictures, but at the same time, almost every event has a competition element to it and team element to it and we just want each person to enjoy the "show".

If that means taking some snap shots, have at it. If it means not doing so, thats great too. Just remembering that there are people there that are taking care of that side of it specifically so people can enjoy the event for what its intended use is.

Hope that makes sense of course, sometimes text is tougher than spoken words and it truly is not intended to be.

Back