The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I'll never, in any sport, understand the "media covers them too much, so now I don't like him." What?

Zero sense. Seen it recently in basketball with Lebron James, hockey with Sidney Crosby. It makes no sense. The media likes to covers big stories. It's Tiger Woods fault that he won a million tournaments so media liked to talk about him?

I'll never, in any sport, understand the "media covers them too much, so now I don't like him." What?

Zero sense. Seen it recently in basketball with Lebron James, hockey with Sidney Crosby. It makes no sense. The media likes to covers big stories. It's Tiger Woods fault that he won a million tournaments so media liked to talk about him?

Some view it as instead of covering what is going on, or working and using a bit of creativity to bring more news, they stick to the status quo and wonder why people are not drawn in.

This coming weekend will be the perfect example of that.

Some view it as instead of covering what is going on, or working and using a bit of creativity to bring more news, they stick to the status quo and wonder why people are not drawn in.

This coming weekend will be the perfect example of that.

it's already started the Golf Channel is coming up any stat/shot/memory they can that allows them to mention Tiger

surprised the guy with a private jet did not fly in for the Champions Dinner, well not really that surprised

surprised the guy with a private jet did not fly in for the Champions Dinner, well not really that surprised

Medical advice was to be immobilized.

But what do doctors know

oh ok was not aware, that is a legit excuse

Fwiw. Tig's agent issued a statement explaining that after there was some uproar.

So "legit excuse" could be skeptically changed to "likely excuse."

I think people tend to forget that Tiger is human and makes mistakes. The fact of the matter is that we all enjoy watching the masters, but for a guy like Tiger, his chasing history and having to miss this event for the first time sence 97... Well, I can't blame him for not going to the dinner.

I think we need to get away from putting the impossible standards on these guys, because truth betold, most people hate Tiger for this off the course stuff. The hard reality is a large percentage of guys have cheated on a girlfriend or wife. Now put yourself is Tigers shoes. Having a billion dollars and traveling the world whenever you want, I'm not saying its right, but it's a cold fact of life. The hardcore guys think this guy is Satan. Love him or hate him, even if he doesnt get the 16 majors, he is still the greatest golfer we will ever see. Would I love to play golf like Tiger? Yes. Off the course I could care less what he does. I'm my own man.

I think people tend to forget that Tiger is human and makes mistakes. The fact of the matter is that we all enjoy watching the masters, but for a guy like Tiger, his chasing history and having to miss this event for the first time sence 97... Well, I can't blame him for not going to the dinner.

I think we need to get away from putting the impossible standards on these guys, because truth betold, most people hate Tiger for this off the course stuff. The hard reality is a large percentage of guys have cheated on a girlfriend or wife. Now put yourself is Tigers shoes. Having a billion dollars and traveling the world whenever you want, I'm not saying its right, but it's a cold fact of life. The hardcore guys think this guy is Satan. Love him or hate him, even if he doesnt get the 16 majors, he is still the greatest golfer we will ever see. Would I love to play golf like Tiger? Yes. Off the course I could care less what he does. I'm my own man.

I think his #UglyHookerGate crutch is overstated. What about the people that just find him to be an as$? What about the people that find his actions of the course unbearable? What about the people that find the way he treats fans obnoxious?

I'm not any of those but to label all people that dislike him doing so because he lied and cheated in #UglyHookerGate is just not accurate.

I think his #UglyHookerGate crutch is overstated. What about the people that just find him to be an as$? What about the people that find his actions of the course unbearable? What about the people that find the way he treats fans obnoxious?

I'm not any of those but to label all people that dislike him doing so because he lied and cheated in #UglyHookerGate is just not accurate.

I'll agree it's not accurate but it does seem to be the most brought up argument against him imo. From reading just the comments on social media alone the last couple weeks it seems half people get in their shot of "so he can cheat on his wife" or blah blah some form of that.

YEa but put yourself into his shoes , he has had people bugging the **** out of him for autographs sence well forever and lets face facts , people arent always polite bout it , the majority but not all are entitled when it comes to pictures and autographs, , his actions on the course are well, its normal for most golfs, but tigers on camera 90% of the time so thats what you see..you can take 2 identical Tiger woods , give one 90% of the camera time and the other 10% which will you end up liking better?

YEa but put yourself into his shoes , he has had people bugging the **** out of him for autographs sence well forever and lets face facts , people arent always polite bout it , the majority but not all are entitled when it comes to pictures and autographs, , his actions on the course are well, its normal for most golfs, but tigers on camera 90% of the time so thats what you see..you can take 2 identical Tiger woods , give one 90% of the camera time and the other 10% which will you end up liking better?

Don't get into it all if you don't like spotlight. Or at least buck it up enough and smile for the fans that are writing your $100 million a year paycheck. I have zero sympathy for "celebrities" that don't like the attention.

Its not sympathy just how it is ,

I'll agree it's not accurate but it does seem to be the most brought up argument against him imo. From reading just the comments on social media alone the last couple weeks it seems half people get in their shot of "so he can cheat on his wife" or blah blah some form of that.

This is not accurate. I understand from certain blinders it is, but its not accurate on THP. Some might only see that however.

This is not accurate either. Not even close to accurate.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Listen, I understand that the two above are big fans and in those eyes, nothing anybody does is wrong. Anything is defensible and that is fine, but they are just not accurate statements. Being a d-bag is being a d-bag whether you are hounded or not. Go to a tournament and see the actions of Rickie Fowler, Phil Mickelson, etc. Then watch Bubba Watson and Tiger Woods. Is one right or wrong? Depends on who you ask. But the song and dance of "his intensity and constant hounding of his time make him a d-bag to people" is a bullsh!t argument.

Love him for his golf game. Love him for his work ethic. Love him for anything you want to, but the defense mechanism of his fans is laughable. Its impossile to have a conversation at all in regards to him. Heck two of his biggest fans have said the exact same thing in this thread (Trout Bum & Mward).

This is not accurate. I understand from certain blinders it is, but its not accurate on THP. Some might only see that however.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Listen, I understand that the two above are big fans and in those eyes, nothing anybody does is wrong. Anything is defensible and that is fine, but they are just not accurate statements. Being a d-bag is being a d-bag whether you are hounded or not. Go to a tournament and see the actions of Rickie Fowler, Phil Mickelson, etc. Then watch Bubba Watson and Tiger Woods. Is one right or wrong? Depends on who you ask. But the song and dance of "his intensity and constant hounding of his time make him a d-bag to people" is a bullsh!t argument.

Love him for his golf game. Love him for his work ethic. Love him for anything you want to, but the defense mechanism of his fans is laughable. Its impossile to have a conversation at all in regards to him. Heck two of his biggest fans have said the exact same thing in this thread (Trout Bum & Mward).

I'm a Tiger fan and I couldn't agree more with this. I'm fascinated with his work ethic and his way to focus. Of course his game, but I still feel like he's a d!ck.

Palmer says Tiger may have been the greatest maybe not. Referred to Snead, hogan and jack. Picking one above the rest is a big task. Interesting comments by one of the greats.

Palmer says Tiger may have been the greatest maybe not. Referred to Snead, hogan and jack. Picking one above the rest is a big task. Interesting comments by one of the greats.

He truly is a fascinating interview. Quite humble in certain situations too.

Why do some say that golf is much better with tiger playing?

Attention from casual fans I would assume. Think golfbets.com said masters betting went down 20% after it was announced tiger wasn't playing.

I don't actually know because I'm not one of those people who believe it, but that would be my guess.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think the simple answer is what he brings to a golf tournament. And I'm not talking about his ability to play golf, I'm talking about the ticket sales, the television ratings, etc. etc. They are all higher when he's in the field.

I didn't say THP. I actually rarely see those comments on here which is nice. When I said social media I meant places like Facebook and Twitter. Just reading the comments on pages like espn and golf channel alone the last couple weeks when they talked about the surgery, the comments mentioning his so called "hookergate" were overwhelming.

I like what Tiger has done for the game of golf & how he changed how the game is played and viewed. IMO he generated more interests from players who prob would have chosen another sport. I think he is the best golfer in the modern era & all time an argument can be made either way.

What I don't like is his attitude towards the fans & subsequently those that make his popularity possible. I know he has the talents and he built his career & earning potential, but like others have said, look at Rickie, Phil, Freddie and all the others who take time and acknowledge fans. Takes more to ignore in my opinion.

This week we are reminded and need to look no further than Arnold Palmer for the blue print on how to be successful on and off the course & at the same time have a rabid fan base that is behind you. I'm too young, but imagine in his heyday Arnie had just as many fans tugging at him for attention or autographs.

Truth betold im a lefty/furyk guy, my statement bout woods is from my charles Barkley mind set lol he's not a role model and not paid to be one , not trying to offend anyone , please dont take it as such

Thew Masters is really bad without Tiger and I'm not even a homer.

Back