SeeMore SPi Fitting and Instruction

Just got a call from Pat, he has some putters on the way to his facility from Alex that should arrive in the next week and we will then get something scheduled. He mentioned that he was excited to help me in this process......he has no idea how excited I am!!!

I am excited and very jealous at the same time.

Called Jim Hauman yesterday and set up my fitting and lesson for Friday. Really really excited about this. Everything is starting to happen so quickly now. We are meeting at 2p at the country club he instructs at and will go through a fitting and lesson. The lesson won't be limited only to putting either. Really nice guy and I'm super stoked about this opportunity.

Can't wait to update everyone in a couple of days.

How incredible is that? So freaking awesome. Have fun dude!

Took my videos today that Ben requested. Uploaded them and just waiting for him to analyze and formulate a plan.

Just got a call from Pat, he has some putters on the way to his facility from Alex that should arrive in the next week and we will then get something scheduled. He mentioned that he was excited to help me in this process......he has no idea how excited I am!!!
I'm excited too!!!

I have been emailing with Tim for the last two days. I sent him the vids of me putting that he requested and he said the stroke looks pretty good. He is going to call me tonight to work out a game plan. I am truly excited for this amazing opportunity

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good morning THP!

I got the confirmation yesterday that my SPi instructor/fitter throughout this process will be none other than Pat O'Brien himself!

www.patobriengolf.com (http://www.seemore.com/locator/instructors/www.patobriengolf.com)

To say that I'm excited about this opportunity would be an understatement. I've rolled numerous SeeMore's over the years but have never been formally fitted into one and have never had putter instruction.

I've reached out to Pat this morning and am hoping to get on his calendar soon, stay tuned for updates - this should be a fun process to follow!

Awesome news, #Cookie! Enjoy it! I'm excited just to follow along - I'm sure we'll all learn something.

SPI might be the single best thing to happen to my game. Have fun boys

If anyone ever needed another reason to try SPi & get fitted for a SeeMore, this should be all you need.

I'll echo what Freddie said - it's definitely the best thing to happen to my game (of course, the rest of my game is very substandard) - but for Mr Kong to say it - with his game: That speaks volumes!

So im not sure whether to wait and write a long write up when things pick up a notch or continue to update every time... for now we will go with the second.

So I recieved an email from Ben this evening. He watched my videos and figured out a plan. Im not sure exactly how we are achieving these things but his his majn focus is..
●More athletic posture
●Backswing is to long for desired distance
●Putting feel drills to help with new stroke.

After that there is help in
● green reading
●aiming drills
●feel drills
● and a few other things to help.

Thoughts.. Im very anxious to get started. I will openly admit I dont have the best feel for distance. Anyone who has played with me can tell you I could shoot ALOT lower if I did. Im always hittong it a little too hard or half a rev from it dropping. So this area excites me very much...

The setup part is very welcomed. Im very comfortable over the ball, but if there is anything that will help me sink some more putts bring it on.

The stroke change I feel will be where my challenge lies. Not as in im going to fight it or anything. Just that ive been putting like that for many moons. I have the upmost faith in Ben and will follow his instructions.
#thisisjustawsome

So one last thing. I just want to say thank you again...thp, cobra, seemore and now Ben. He had a full time job and then at ten o'clock after that he comes home watches some video and makes a plan spacific for me. It just truly is humbling and I appreciate it..

That is Ben for you. The feedback is always timely and it will push you to work on your game daily.

Just remember, the setup change will feel awkward at first and maybe even a touch uncomfortable for some, that's just because it's different than old habits. When I went from crouched over w my 33" putter to standing tall w 36" it took some acclimation. Now though I don't know how I wasn't in total pain putting how I used to! Haha

Lol. I can imagine. Definitely looking foward to it. With everything else in the Mc I have an open mind.

First time in a very long time im looking foward to putting.
#drainingeverything@Mc

First drill has been sent. Have to go to target during lunch and pick up some supplies. This should be interesting, probably blooper real type stuff the first few times..lmao

Okay so im back to back posting and if thats wrong I do apologize, bit so much information is being given to me that if I dont write it down I may forget to share.

For those of you who have already gone through spi at some point, how much did it open your eyes?

I ask this question because in a matter of 15 minutes of video watching from my instructor ive learned how much science is invloved in putting. Sure ive read things in golf magazines and on here, but having someone break it down and personalize it is unreal.

Ive went from a few videos to having 3 drills I have to work on and upload. Not only were the drills shown to me, bit every aspect was explained to help me understand why these drills are important.
Ill be working on these for the next few days and will be updating this thread..

Just got the invite from Cody on the Edufii. What I forgot is that Ted had sent me a link a while back and I set it up and never used it. The beta expired and couldn't accept the invitation without activating a program subscription. Sent an email to their support and Spencer shot back an email wondering if I was a participant in the July tournament. He went ahead and extended the beta until May 31. He sounds excited to be a part of this process as well and was thankful he went ahead and did it without even a second thought.

I'm now set up with Cody and going out tomorrow for a round at a new course and getting some video to send his way! (Thanks in advance KC...ha)

For those of you who have already gone through spi at some point, how much did it open your eyes?

Just about the same eye opening experience, if I just let it take control. I still revert back to some habits from time to time and the putts don't fall as easily. Pretty awesome stuff if you ask me. Even though it can be used with just about any putter, combined with RST it is just crazy.

I am really jealous of this. Pretty darn awesome to read all of this.

Just about the same eye opening experience, if I just let it take control. I still revert back to some habits from time to time and the putts don't fall as easily. Pretty awesome stuff if you ask me. Even though it can be used with just about any putter, combined with RST it is just crazy.

Seriously is eye opening. I worked on my setup for at total of about 1.5 hours last night alone in 15 minute intervals.

Its just funny because the thought process behind spi is great. Ben told me last night that we aim to make a solid putt everytime it going in is just a byproduct of a propper put.

I love thst everything is explained. To many times instructors just say do this and that. Ben has explained every step and why. Im seriously like a kid in a candy store... almost brought my putter to work

I love that others are getting to work with Ben and get to experience the cyber coaching. It was so hard to explain just how helpful it was going through this last fall.

I love that others are getting to work with Ben and get to experience the cyber coaching. It was so hard to explain just how helpful it was going through this last fall.

I read tour thread but as you said you really dont get the full experience.

Ben is just good at this. He is very thorough and explains things very simplistically. Hes also quick to respond with updates comments and suggestions.

Below is my progress thus far.

3a9apy9y.jpg

Zach and me.. just a comparison of what I needed to work on.

3y4u5ahe.jpg

Evening drill work and im getting closer.

byrumy9u.jpg

Ben gave the approval, this is the new foundation of my putting.

Just got done with my fitting.....AWESOME! Will post more details in the Seemore putting thread.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

Alright!!! Decided that I would post about my day yesterday in here.

First, HUGE thanks to The Hackers Paradise, SeeMore Putters and Jim Hauman for making yesterday happen. It was truly something that I will never forget and really made the Morgan Cup more real.

I arrived at the beautiful Park Ridge Country Club in the north west suburbs of Chicago at 2p. I walked towards the pro shop and spotted Jim on the green snapping this photo:

medium_img.jpg

I immediately got goose bumps. It also may have been the chilly wind that was blowing. But I'm going to stick with all of the golf stuff. After a brief greeting Jim took me for a tour of the club house and introduced me to a couple more Jims and another gentleman's name I can remember. I had no idea where he was taking me, but when we got there I was in shock! A room that looked exactly how I want my basement to look. There was a massive indoor putting green, an indoor hitting bay, a flatscreen TV with the Masters on and nothing but golf related exercise equipment on the wall. He then went on to tell me that they started a golf fitness program to get players in to "golfing" shape during the off season.

After trekking back through the club house we got started on the putter fitting/lesson. Jim had me warm up and watched me roll some puts with my beloved Scotty Monterrey 1.5. After figuring out the speed and break of the putt I started pouring in puts from 20 feet. After I finished with the last ball, Jim said, "Well...we might have a hard time getting that putter out of your hands. But I'm sure we'll find something." After taking some notes Jim handed me a PTM1 and measured me for length. I have been playing a 35 and it feels fine, but 36 made me a little more upright and moved my eye line back. He then pointed out that my shoulders are open at address as a result of my grip and my feet being toed out. The one good thing was that my address position is the same for both my irons and putter. +1 Adam! We then worked on maintaining proper toe alignment and set up over the ball. He also had me tinker around with a few different grips. All the while, putting every SeeMore putter he had in his arsenal. This went on for about 25 minutes and we moved to a different spot on the green to see the difference between where I thought the center of the cup was with both my Scotty and the Z2c that I was working with. It was pretty interesting. My set up with the Scotty was about 2 inches left of the hole, while my setup with a Z2c was the same distance to the right. He then showed me what center looked like with a triangle and string.

Next up was probably the coolest part of the entire lesson. He put me in a training device called the Perfect Putting Machine. This thing is AMAZING and will be getting a review from me in the near future. The cool part wasn't that I got to use it, it was that I was going to be going home with it to practice with for the next 3 months (chances are I'm going to buy it though). Basically you attach your putter via magnets to a harness that rides on two rails. The arc and path of the rails can be changed using different shims. He had me take about 20 strokes using the machine and as a guide and it was crazy how off my stroke really was. I mean, no less than 2 hours ago I was making it rain. After 20 strokes he took my putter out of the assembly and had roll putts inside the rails of the machine. My putting stroke was a mirror image of what the rails were set up as. Next, I started rolling putts without the device at all and still, my path was the same. I was sold on the machine right away.

As our lesson was winding down, Jim asked me if there were any putters I wanted to spend more time with. I picked out three that I had liked. A Payne Stewart model FGP, a Z2c and a Z3c. None of them were the length I needed but Jim went about getting them to 36' with grips of my choice and told me that I was welcome to take these for as long as it took to help me decide what to use for the Morgan Cup. He then told me that we would set something up in a few weeks to have another lesson.

I got in the car and it was 5pm. The 3 hours flew by. Jim is a true class act and I can't put in to words how gracious I am for the hospitality I received. My SeeMore quest has begun and I'm loving it! I've picked up my Scotty a few times but have spent most of my time with the two Z models. I'm playing with a couple of friends tomorrow morning and can't wait to get out there.

Again, thanks to JB, GG, Jim and SeeMore for making this happen.

Here is what I came home with:
EF0ADE6E-3405-4604-BBAE-32C5D049ACBE.jpg

40218BF4-2F17-4068-8477-0327942C4007.jpg

97D5B34E-3705-42FC-84F2-361903F27520.jpg

C45D20C1-4924-4CC6-B713-B79AC5E8148A.jpg

Images from my lesson:

img.jpg

medium_img.jpg

Wow, awesome stuff right there man.

Awesome writeup, Adam. That is a heck of an experience and it sounds like it's gonna help a lot.

Way to go Adam. Loving it.

That sounded like a great experience! My email must have been different, didn't show the Z as an option. I can however understand why you grabbed those two though, biased a bit I am.

Sending off a couple videos tonight to Cody. It has begun!

Back