The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still doing the S&T or are you going more traditional?

The guy I'm seeing is an older more traditional guy. He doesn't like S&T at all but he also doesn't like to make drastic changes right out of the gate. I've had quite a few conversations with him and I think he will be a good fit to get me where I need to be.

putting, chipping and half wedge practice today.....lets get something dialed in... god i hope

Had a really good range session last night and made some progress with my wedges. I feel like I have 50, 70, and 90 yards dialed in perfectly and can work from there. Also managed to hit driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, and hybrid numerous times without yanking anything left which was a really good feeling.

Nice work in here folks. I got some partial wedge work in last night, some bunker shots (as much as is possible in the wet bunkers here, anyways), and chipping and putting. Range session tonight to work on making sure I finish my driver swings, and on mid irons and hybrids, as I expect a lot of 6 iron and longer approaches at #TheKing.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I've got a lesson tonight and will get some video feedback which will be very helpful. Playing Saturday morning.

Getting to the range after work today. Can't wait!

Will be hitting the range after work as well to see if I can get my swing straightened out a bit after last weekends disaster on the course....may well be something simple, but I want to get it sorted

Debating range work vs. walking 9 but working on wedges from 100 in when no one is behind me today after work.

At the range putting in work. Could have played 18 but opted for range time instead. Started with 45 min of putting working on distance control and focus on putts inside 10 ft. Then 80 balls at the range. 60 balls hit with wedges up to hybrid. Focusing on good takeaway to get to good position at the top then pulling the left hip offline and staying behind the ball. Other than less than 10 balls the iron shots felt crisp and stayed relatively online. Now I'll hit 3W and driver with 20 balls, hitting Pw in between if a swing feels out of sync or long. Then off to chipping green

Just got done with chipping and bunker session. Spent about 40 45 min total. Chipping session was very good. Realized early I wasn't turning my body through impact, just arms. Once I start to let my upper body turn and follow through I was getting good results. Bunker session another story. short outs I had no real problems. Long carry shots I left quite a few still in bunker hitting too deep into sand. More practice needed. Going to putt again for 45 min then head out

I'm going to play this little par 3 course nearby. It's actually somewhat tough and should give me a good indicator of where my short game is actually at since my iron play will leave me missing quite a few greens haha.

After hitting some balls at the range I might as well give my clubs away.....something has gone horribly wrong and I can't hit a ball straight if my life depended on it

Just what I didn't need when I have got my final round on Sunday I need to put in for my handicap....the 95 last weekend could be a good score after what I have seen tonight

Hit a small bucket on the way back from a meeting. Wind was very strong left to right, so I really tried to work on a draw with my irons. I hit some that fought the wind, but not many. My stock fades just floated away when there was a big gust, so I spent some time working on 4i punch shots with so-so success.

Driver was really good for me though - I'm finally playing nice with the Razr Fit, and even with the wind I was hitting small fades 230-240, which for me is *really* good, considering 7 out of the 10 I hit would have been in the fairway, and 1 of the others maybe a yard or two into the rough. I do want to get at least one more session in though, where I can take my time, before I go play a round.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Just got home after a couple hours at the range after work. Ran into my instructor (who also works at the range) who came out and looked at some of my swings during my session. I spent most of my time hitting 5-PW, constantly thinking extension, extension, extension through the zone. Any THPer who played a round with me last season saw my big miss, a massive pull/hook that one just can't score well with.

I hit ZERO hooks today in approximately 150 balls. A few slight pulls, but when I missed, they were certainly much more manageable than they ever were last season. I saw a marked improvement today in my long irons, and the feeling of a flushed 5i was just addicting. My instructor commented on my swing, saying that the improvement was there when I committed to the extension through the zone, and to obviously keep the reps up to ingrain it in. Great session today.

Got home from the range and was just happy to hit balls. Just wanted to make sure I was hitting it solid, I was, but I had to hit off mats. Not fun but at least I was swinging.

Was working out the kinks in my driver and I think I accomplished that. Did a little putting and headed home. All in all was nice to get out.

After hitting different irons for an hour at GG, went to the range after work. I wanted to keep working on pulling down with my left hand during the downswing. I finally realized distance loss is due to not swinging fast enough (I've been taking nice and easy a little too literal), so worked on big full turn and accelerating arms all the way through swing. I was making much better contact, so turned out to be a great session.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tempo tempo tempo and short short short were the things I worked on tonight.

Irons were good, real good,
Driver was good as long as I kept that peaceful easy swing

Still need to work on 3wd tempo, it's better but not there yet.

Hybo or hook machine is still just that.

Spent most of the session hitting 712 AP2s with recoil and steelfiber shafts (2 heads two shafts) interesting testing ahead. Wind was brutal so distance was tough to get and keep on line.

I wasn't sure where to post thoughts on my round today but I went into it for practice so I figured this would be the place. I went to a little par 3 course today with yardages ranging from 57 to 168 yards. My full swing is in turmoil so I looked at it as a way to really see where my short game is at since I've been practicing so much. I had one major goal going into my round and that was to not 3 putt. I'm happy to say that I accomplished that on greens that were actually tougher than I thought they would be.

In the back of my mind I was looking for some semblance of a full swing and I found it on the last few holes. On 16 I hit one of the most crisp 58* degree wedges of my life. I hope you guys can relate. You know the shot that just feels so amazing that you don't even really care where it goes? Those of you who have struggled in the past probably know where I'm coming from. I was watching the ball flight and was just so happy. It was the perfect shot for me at the moment. That is typically my 100 yard club but it flew the hole and rolled down a steep embankment leaving me with a near impossible up and down. I COULD NOT have been happier with the shot. I have been waiting to hit a shot like that for the last 3 weeks and it finally happened. I flew the green on 18 as well and had a huge grin on my face. I was finally comfortable standing over a golf ball again.

I have a long ways to go to reach my goals but today gave me some more confidence. I still hit a bunch of full shots that were way left but my contact was mostly in the center. I feel so close to a breakthrough and I hope that my lesson on Sunday will give me that.

Had a nice range session with TexasBubba today. Main focus was on trying the various Cobra irons out.

I like both the XL's and BioCells but my misses were definitely better with the XL's...not as many thins. Can't stand the Dynalite 85g steel shaft though...just a weird fit for some reason.

Anyhow, was hitting my hybrids and driver well and the altitudes great as usual.

Was fun hitting the range with another THP'er....soon to be SC100 buyer. Haha

I'm doing a good job of having my hands more upright which was a key thing my instructor had me working on but I still need to capture video to see how much head movement vertically I have during the swing (Eddie - Saturday morning please!!).

Cookie, sounds like a good day brother.

I had a range session and played 9 today, fundamentals are still the focus in stance, grip, and the turn. Have quelled the right elbow also and it is making a WORLD of difference right now. I hit some of the best drives and irons today that I have in a very long time. Its coming around and I love it.

Cookie, sounds like a good day brother.

I had a range session and played 9 today, fundamentals are still the focus in stance, grip, and the turn. Have quelled the right elbow also and it is making a WORLD of difference right now. I hit some of the best drives and irons today that I have in a very long time. Its coming around and I love it.

Yours sounds like a better day!

Love the idea of range and 9 holes...wish I had a membership to do that.

Congrats on the ball striking, love seeing that!

Yours sounds like a better day!

Love the idea of range and 9 holes...wish I had a membership to do that.

Congrats on the ball striking, love seeing that!

Dude, its been a bit surreal (the membership, not the ball striking, THAT would be hit and miss bahahaha), today I hit the range and normally go home bc it was busy but I realized I could just take off the back and play 3, 6, or 9 (15 tee is next to 11 green and comes back towards the clubhouse) and not have to sweat what I paid for it. Luckily I fit in a groove of groups and got to hit multiple balls from multiple spots all 9 and work things. It was bliss.

Dude, its been a bit surreal (the membership, not the ball striking, THAT would be hit and miss bahahaha), today I hit the range and normally go home bc it was busy but I realized I could just take off the back and play 3, 6, or 9 (15 tee is next to 11 green and comes back towards the clubhouse) and not have to sweat what I paid for it. Luckily I fit in a groove of groups and got to hit multiple balls from multiple spots all 9 and work things. It was bliss.

This is exactly why I'm a member at a local course. I love being able to do that and not sweat it. It's relaxing on days where I just want to work on some stuff

Early short game session, work phone calls, then back in the range and 9 holes for afternoon. Now masters DVR. Darn good day

This is exactly why I'm a member at a local course. I love being able to do that and not sweat it. It's relaxing on days where I just want to work on some stuff

It has actually made me go and hit the range more bc I know I can still get a few holes in, its so damn nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back