Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Grips - THP Preview

these luck extremely comfortable...can't wait to hear more!

My father has been a Winn user for over a decade. Switched to these 3 months ago on a new set of irons we got him and says they are the best he has ever used. Soft feel like the Winn, without the incredible lack of durability. He normally changed grips every 3 months, but thinks these will go a full year and he plays 5 days a week.

I have found the feel in the hands to be very unique. Soft like you'd expect from a typical wrap, yet a solid rubber presence giving me confidence that durability will get me through a larger portion of a golf season.

I'm looking forward to seeing how these perform over the next ten rounds.

I have found the feel in the hands to be very unique. Soft like you'd expect from a typical wrap, yet a solid rubber presence giving me confidence that durability will get me through a larger portion of a golf season.

I'm looking forward to seeing how these perform over the next ten rounds.

Did you put these on all of your clubs or just the ones you use the most to test durability?

Did you put these on all of your clubs or just the ones you use the most to test durability?

They will be tested on two drivers, a fairway wood, a hybrid, irons, and wedges.

These have me so intrigued it's not even funny. I adore wraps for grips and these seem like they have a bit of newer technology in an old school grip.

Hmm... Interesting. Looking forward to your feedback here Dan! I'm in the market for a new driver grip with my needs to cut down. May give this one a go myself.

Hmm... Interesting. Looking forward to your feedback here Dan! I'm in the market for a new driver grip with my needs to cut down. May give this one a go myself.

Keep in mind as well, the CP2 is offered in a wrap as well as a 'pro' version. Good options.

Keep in mind as well, the CP2 is offered in a wrap as well as a 'pro' version. Good options.

See that on their site. I'll have to handle them at the store prior to buying. Thinking the wrap will look nice with the Tour Blue in my driver.

These grips sound like they provide the grippiness of rougher grips like cord/part cord (i.e., NDMC) with the comfort of softer rubber or leather grips. If they have any kind of longevity, I am extremely interested.

These look look awesome. I've never had the soft tacky grips, but I've played around with someone else's club that did. It felt great, and could really see using some. Looking forward to this.

i have the cp2 pro in blue on my driver. feels great. slick design, cushy and tacky. haven't played in the rain yet, so don't know about them being wet. probably going to put them on the rest of my woods and hybrids. going multicompound green on my irons and wedges.

I was at the store this week and these caught my eye. They look and feel great. Of course I just regripped and these will have to wait for now.

That's an interesting way of putting it. "cushy" -- There's definitely a 'cushioned' feel when really grabbing at the CP2 Wrap.

What I'll be looking for on course today is the following:

- tackiness
- any slippage
- using the built in design features to hold clubs in a consistent way
- Any reduction in vibrations on poorly struck shots
- If wet, performance variations

If you would like information on other features, feel free to ask.

The core is very intriguing.

I got to hold some of these grips yesterday. I have to say, initial thoughts are good. They feel really comfortable and secure.

That's one of the first things I was looking at. I've never really played wraps to know if I like them or not, but definitely have comfort with non-wrap grips, and the core and less taper have me intrigued on these grips.

Dan, on the GP website, it says feedback is minimal, and I'm curious if that's a good or bad thing in your opinion for your game. I think for someone playing SGI irons, they're going to get less feedback anyway that it probably wouldn't matter, but for players irons, isn't feedback part of the appeal?

That's one of the first things I was looking at. I've never really played wraps to know if I like them or not, but definitely have comfort with non-wrap grips, and the core and less taper have me intrigued on these grips.

Dan, on the GP website, it says feedback is minimal, and I'm curious if that's a good or bad thing in your opinion for your game. I think for someone playing SGI irons, they're going to get less feedback anyway that it probably wouldn't matter, but for players irons, isn't feedback part of the appeal?

I have two thoughts on this actually..

1 - The feedback is going to be there regardless of what kind of grip you're using. Flush shots are still going to feel like hitting melted butter and bad shots are still going to be dull. Having hit a few thin or toe shots on course with irons, I still found the CP2 wraps offered me enough responsiveness to know that I'd hit a poor shot. What didn't happen, was that stinger feeling where the finger tips numb a bit when thinned shots occur. Could that be the vibration dampeners?

2 - if that's the case, I see these as being a wonderful cold weather option. There's nothing worse than hitting a poor shot in cold weather, and if these can provide ample cushioning to that feeling, I would be very impressed.

Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Grips - THP Preview

My issue has always been the inability of softer grips to take the torque of the swing. If these, in-fact, withstand that torque, they will be on my clubs as soon as they get to Monroe, La!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the sounds of vibration dampening for cold weather months like you mentioned! These grips look great and I've enjoyed your feedback thus far.

Dan - I'm super curious about the reduced taper. Do you normally play with grips that have this (extra tape under right hand, etc)? If not, how are you liking the reduced taper? Is it a noticeable difference? Pros/cons?

Thanks

I like the sounds of vibration dampening for cold weather months like you mentioned! These grips look great and I've enjoyed your feedback thus far.

Dan - I'm super curious about the reduced taper. Do you normally play with grips that have this (extra tape under right hand, etc)? If not, how are you liking the reduced taper? Is it a noticeable difference? Pros/cons?

Thanks

Jeff I'm going to take this away and comment in the next few days. It's something I've considered as I like to move up and down on grips (especially wedges) for precision but I don't have a firm opinion on it just yet.

Jeff I'm going to take this away and comment in the next few days. It's something I've considered as I like to move up and down on grips (especially wedges) for precision but I don't have a firm opinion on it just yet.

Perfect, thanks Dan! I have thought about adding extra wraps under the right hand but never have. It really intrigues me. I look forward to your thoughts.

Dan do you see any issues with these grips being installed logo down? I know some grips feel different and give different textures in areas if the logo isn't up.

These are definitely intriguing. Looks are interesting but what's being described for how they feel has me interested.

Dan do you see any issues with these grips being installed logo down? I know some grips feel different and give different textures in areas if the logo isn't up.

bumping for Dan's thoughts

Not usually a fan of wrap-style grips, but these definitely caught my eye.

Back