Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Grips - THP Preview

Went to Golfsmith Wednesday night to get these - they didn't have them in yet?! :angry:

Yeah, I live in Austin where golfsmith is headquartered. The main store have them but the other doesn't. Try Dicks Sporting Goods, my local dicks have them eventhough the grip isn't listed on dick's website.

I put these grips into play last weekend and I can honestly say I will never play another grip if given the choice. These are fantastic. The only grip I've played where I didn't feel like it was even there. Soft, tacky and amazing. Put them on my AP1s and have to say that I'm simply blown away.

Did you install them yourself? I was wondering if I should still leave a bit of excess tape at the end of the shaft to tuck inside or if that would get in the way of that control core thingy.

I did install them myself and taped them like I normally would, which is to leave excess and tuck it.

Played with these in the rain on Monday and the grip never felt slippery. Really amazing. And my hands aren't all beat up either. Last year we played 80 holes and my hands ached for days. We played 90 this year and I was hitting balls last night with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome you are seeing such good results with them, it makes me even more excited to swing them. I hit a lot of range balls these days and it is really tearing up my hands, I'm glad to hear these grips might help that.

Well that's all I needed to know, here goes nothin.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I played my first round with these grips today and they just feel amazing. I'm still wearing one but I feel like I don't even need a glove. I definitely am able to go gloveless for much longer feel shots 100 yards and in.

Its is crazy how big the difference is between these and the stock grips that come on the PING clubs I've bought recently. The PING grips felt like sandpaper whereas these feel like... Like.. CP2 grips.

I have nothing I could compare them to.

Played around with these tonight at PGASS and color me intrigued. Curious about wear on these.

Played around with these tonight at PGASS and color me intrigued. Curious about wear on these.

I shove these midsize CP2s into my Ogio Chamber Bag numerous times everyday. I have heard that my bag will tear up softer grips like the Wynn Dri-tacks so it will be interesting to see how they hold up. They definitely are a much more snug fit than the last grips but that's fine by me as it holds them in place better. Obviously if it shreds them anytime soon that would not be ideal.

I go to the range and hit about 100-200 shots with my 7 iron everyday. (Currently undergoing swing changes) So I'll keep updating how these hold up, but we should be able to know fairly soon. I'll take I pic of the grip on the 7i tomorrow when it's light out for comparison.

Sorry if mentioned and mis-remembered but do these go on with air pretty easily considering the metal thingy (technical term) in the end of the grip?

Sorry if mentioned and mis-remembered but do these go on with air pretty easily considering the metal thingy (technical term) in the end of the grip?

Very easy!

Very easy!

I'm going to pick one up this week and throw it on my driver. Might go midsize to try to help my occasional pull with Bertha.

Either way I'm getting one and it will be a tryout for a complete bag replacement.

Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Grips - THP Preview

Just got back from Edwin Watts. They didn't have the cp2 on a display shaft (or whatever you call it) but the reduced taper really makes the standard size feel large and the midsize feels huge. I am going to goto Dicks where they have them on a display shaft but I am probably going to come home with a cp2 pro in standard size tomorrow.

The wrap was pretty comfy too. I could see hitting it without a glove pretty easily in early spring and late fall. Just afraid if durability issues.

Here we go:

amarabet.jpg

Went mid size pro version. Gonna throw this on my driver and see how she does.

UPDATE: I got this on my BBA tonight. I have yet to hit it but I will say it is waaay softer than I thought it would be. Even softer than the "display shaft" at the store (I kinda thought that display might be larger than a normal shaft anyway). It is quite tacky and it does feel nice. I hope to get to the range this weekend and test her out.

Last edited:
Got to hit my BBA with the CP2 Pro Midsize on it at the range today. I really like the feel and the larger size seems to help alleviate some of my pulls off the tee. It may not be the grip helping with that but if it makes me think it is then its worth it I suppose.

I really like how the grip feels and at contact (albeit with a driver) there is plenty of shock absorption, it is also gentle on my gloveless right hand...something I have had a little issue with on my Niions as the rounds add up.

I dont know if I go with these on my irons if I will go midsize or not, I am going to swap the grip and put it on an iron next week and see how it goes or I may pick up a standard size grip to throw on a iron for a test run.

So far so good

These look to be nice and tacky for the hot humid weather--felt nice in the store.

I got one off eBay for 6$ and put it on my 3 wood last night. Used the club 6 times today and my initial thoughts are positive. I always build up the lower hand with several wraps of tape and this grip felt really good. It went on easy, feels good with the logo down, and I had a couple of minutes to move the grip around until I was happy with the alignment. I'm going to see how it holds up after a dozen rounds before putting one on my driver and hybrid. The blue endcap caught the attention of everyone in my group.

I used Winn Dri Tacs on my clubs and felt these CP2 at Dunn. They feel and look awesome. I just got Apex irons and will probably put these grips on them instead of the dri-tacs, which i love. These felt really nice at the store.

These continue to be my fave. Great tack, feel and feel deadening when needed. All my club's are wearing them now.

How do these compare to the lamkin utx? I have the cp2 wrap on my 3wood and about to have it put on my Driver. I want to take advantage of the deal and get at least two and have them placed on my hybrids. I want tacky but not as rough on the hands as the NDMC.

put one on my driver yesterday, will get to try it out this weekend.

I like the looks of these....may see if Golfsmith has any today

I used Winn Dri Tacs on my clubs and felt these CP2 at Dunn. They feel and look awesome. I just got Apex irons and will probably put these grips on them instead of the dri-tacs, which i love. These felt really nice at the store.
Let me know how that goes. This is relevant to my interests.

Put these on my wedges and really like the feel. I have dri tacs on rest of clubs. I have noticed wear on the winns from my bag. Hope these live up to the hype. P.s. they look sweet.

swing your swing

really loved the CP2 pro midsize on my driver today, feels perfect and is very comfortable. The reduced taper is making me doubt the midsize on my irons but I'm not going to say no just yet.

Well I played 18 today in the Florida heat and humidity and not liking the cp2. I'm going to use a gripe and see if they tack up. They seemed really slippery compared to the dri tacs. I'm not giving up on them yet but so far no dice. I'd rather change out the dri tacs a couple times a year than have a slippery grip.

swing your swing

Back