The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

The race for the final spots in the West should be really exciting. GS has all but clinched, but you never know.

1 game separates DAL, PHO, and MEM for the last 2 spots and they all play each other one more time. I am hoping that Memphis sneaks into the 8 seed so they can beat up on the Spurs in the first round. Dallas will be a tough matchup too for whoever they draw. I think the first round in the West will be very interesting. I'm hoping Phoenix misses out, but even they are exciting to watch. However, they do not own any of the tiebreakers against DAL or MEM. This could be deepest the West has ever been and the weakest the East has ever been.

Capture_zps92a3e93d.png

The race for the final spots in the West should be really exciting. GS has all but clinched, but you never know.

1 game separates DAL, PHO, and MEM for the last 2 spots and they all play each other one more time. I am hoping that Memphis sneaks into the 8 seed so they can beat up on the Spurs in the first round. Dallas will be a tough matchup too for whoever they draw. I think the first round in the West will be very interesting. I'm hoping Phoenix misses out, but even they are exciting to watch. However, they do not own any of the tiebreakers against DAL or MEM. This could be deepest the West has ever been and the weakest the East has ever been.

Capture_zps92a3e93d.png

Agree completely. The East seems down, although I believe the test in the finals will be easier for the East based on less depth to get there.

Haha love how he claps from the ground too.

I heard a lot of NBA talk on the radio yesterday, and it's interesting how many "experts" disagree on so many players, there are differences in other sports, but it seems like the NBA has the most polarizing discussions between the experts.

I heard a lot of NBA talk on the radio yesterday, and it's interesting how many "experts" disagree on so many players, there are differences in other sports, but it seems like the NBA has the most polarizing discussions between the experts.

What were they debating?

What were they debating?

From what I could tell, top five centers and top five coaches in the league it was just interesting to see how much they disagreed on some of the rankings. Same players just different spots in the rankings.

I agree. It definitely seems like the top group consensus is there, just who goes where is definitely interesting. Seems like you hear a lot of regional bias as well. People agree on Lebron (1a) and Durant (1b), then it really goes anywhere. It also shows who values what as people will rank great defense vs. great offense differently. I like the all-time debates as well and think a lot of those arguments are interesting.

I agree. It definitely seems like the top group consensus is there, just who goes where is definitely interesting. Seems like you hear a lot of regional bias as well. People agree on Lebron (1a) and Durant (1b), then it really goes anywhere. It also shows who values what as people will rank great defense vs. great offense differently. I like the all-time debates as well and think a lot of those arguments are interesting.

I disagree with the notion that it is Lebron 1a and Durant 1b. I think it is Lebron by a fairly sizable margin. Lebron is 1... then a notch down is KD.

I disagree with the notion that it is Lebron 1a and Durant 1b. I think it is Lebron by a fairly sizable margin. Lebron is 1... then a notch down is KD.

I think LeBron is undoubtedly the best player on the planet, I just figured I'd go 1a/1b since KD is going to win the MVP this year.

I think LeBron is undoubtedly the best player on the planet, I just figured I'd go 1a/1b since KD is going to win the MVP this year.

Ahhh... gotcha. Agreed on that notion of KD as MVP.

Who would people rather see... Miami vs. San Antonio or Miami vs. OKC for all of the marbles.

I would rather see Miami vs. San Antonio, but I absolutely despise OKC. If I know that Miami would beat OKC, I'd rather see OKC/MIA.

Looks like the Bucks got sold today for a cool $550 million pending league approval. The team must stay there until at least 2017 when the lease on the Bradley Center is up. However, if a new arena is not in place by then, they will probably find a new city. Maybe Milwaukee can rally around their team the way that Sacramento did these last few seasons.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/?p=70595?ls=iref:nbahpts

Looks like the Bucks got sold today for a cool $550 million pending league approval. The team must stay there until at least 2017 when the lease on the Bradley Center is up. However, if a new arena is not in place by then, they will probably find a new city. Maybe Milwaukee can rally around their team the way that Sacramento did these last few seasons.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/?p=70595?ls=iref:nbahpts

Yea somebody should call the cops, those two guys got robbed. He paid like 18 million for the team. I'm not sure if they're worth much more than that now... If they moved I'm sure a good number of us in the state could care less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They no doubt overpaid right now, but in January the Bucks were valued at $405 million (last in the league), but it was an increase of 30% over the previous year (7th best in the NBA). The NBA seems to be getting stronger and stronger in value and they should see a decent return over their ownership term, especially if they were to relocate to say Seattle, or another NBA hungry city.

I was mostly kidding. I would probably go to a game or watch them on tv if they put out a better product. I fully expect that too; the brewers were terrible, got new ownership (and a stadium) and put quality teams out there. Not saying we're going to win the World Series (or NBA championship) but they contend. I fully expect them to somehow get an arena built, albeit still in a crappy part of town, so i doubt they will leave Milwaukee. I guess i have to give Kohl credit for finding a buyer who would keep them in Milwaukee, or at least give them a shot (2017). Fear the deer...

They no doubt overpaid right now, but in January the Bucks were valued at $405 million (last in the league), but it was an increase of 30% over the previous year (7th best in the NBA). The NBA seems to be getting stronger and stronger in value and they should see a decent return over their ownership term, especially if they were to relocate to say Seattle, or another NBA hungry city.

I saw on Twitter (so you know it's true) that $100 million of the deal will be donated towards building a new arena. That brings the sale price a lot closer to the valuation.

People were saying for a couple days he might just donate it all. He certainly has no use for it at 79, never married and no children.

I saw on Twitter (so you know it's true) that $100 million of the deal will be donated towards building a new arena. That brings the sale price a lot closer to the valuation.

He did say 100 mill to a new arena. The new owners said they'd put 100 in too. So 200 down 200 or so to go...

Well thankfully the Wolves are done so I can concentrate on watching some real live NBA action in the playoffs.

Vancouver Bucks :alien:

But that would be sweet if Vancouver had another NBA team, I know I'd see my fair share of games.

Vancouver Bucks :alien:

But that would be sweet if Vancouver had another NBA team, I know I'd see my fair share of games.

I was present at many Grizzly games. Rumours are they are trying to bring a team here before 2020

I was present at many Grizzly games. Rumours are they are trying to bring a team here before 2020

That would be unreal. I still haven't seen KD or LeBron play in person yet, along with tons of other young players so this is pretty exciting news.

That would be unreal. I still haven't seen KD or LeBron play in person yet, along with tons of other young players so this is pretty exciting news.

I would really enjoy seeing games again. Also Seattle Supersonics may return. All rumors but hey you never know :). Been cheering on the Raptors for the past 5 years and now is their time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back