The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you guys think should the browns match 5 years 42 mil for mack?

i say no thats too much coin for a center IMO.

what do you guys think should the browns match 5 years 42 mil for mack?

i say no thats too much coin for a center IMO.

Yes they should.

He can opt out after 2 years and it's at a cheaper price than him being hit with transition tag and franchise tag back to back.

Someone in Cleveland sports has to spend some darn cash and it's not the Indians and cavs. 30 mil in cap space still...Go for it

Yes they should.

He can opt out after 2 years and it's at a cheaper price than him being hit with transition tag and franchise tag back to back.

Someone in Cleveland sports has to spend some darn cash and it's not the Indians and cavs. 30 mil in cap space still...Go for it

I remember a certain Phil Savage dishing out dough for players back in the late 2000's and that didn't work out well. It never does.

I remember a certain Phil Savage dishing out dough for players back in the late 2000's and that didn't work out well. It never does.

yeah but he wasnt spending it on pro bowl calibur players was he? I believe this is a list of his signings

Ted Washington
Dave Zastudil
LeCharles Bentley
Kevin Shaffer
Joe Jurevicius
Willie McGinest
Eric Steinbach
Donte Stallworth
Derek Anderson
Antwan Peek
Hank Fraley
Jamal Lewis
Seth McKinney
Robaire Smith
Mike Adams
Charles Ali
Josh Cribbs

Yes they should.

Monetarily it would make sense but he obviously doesn't want to be there.

An interesting response from Kaep:

Both teams have plenty of cap space and will need to break in a young QB - a good veteran center would be good to help with that. Only the first few years of these mega deals matter anyway

Monetarily it would make sense but he obviously doesn't want to be there.

Why doesnt he want to be there? Its his first chance to test the waters, cant blame the guy for wanting to make bank

Why doesnt he want to be there? Its his first chance to test the waters, cant blame the guy for wanting to make bank

His agent specifically stated he thought he could come up with a deal that Cleveland wouldn't match.

yeah but he wasnt spending it on pro bowl calibur players was he? I believe this is a list of his signings

Ted Washington
Dave Zastudil
LeCharles Bentley
Kevin Shaffer
Joe Jurevicius
Willie McGinest
Eric Steinbach
Donte Stallworth
Derek Anderson
Antwan Peek
Hank Fraley
Jamal Lewis
Seth McKinney
Robaire Smith
Mike Adams
Charles Ali
Josh Cribbs

Those bolded guys were considered the top prizes of free agency when he signed them.

2 for 17, ehh

well that didnt take long browns matched the offer sheet for mack. i like them keeping their own pro bowlers. i just hope it doesnt mess with the deals haden, cameron, gordon ext that will need to get done in the next couple years.

Edit: wrong thread

So, you mean you can't mention bombs in an airport?!?!

Maybe Aldon never watched Meet the Parents. :)

Giants working out Matt Flynn and Josh Freeman since Eli had his surgery.
Two guys that are equally awful and can fill right in throwing picks where Eli left off.

Giants working out Matt Flynn and Josh Freeman since Eli had his surgery.
Two guys that are equally awful and can fill right in throwing picks where Eli left off.
Josh Freeman is a skinnier version of Jamarcus Russel.

Yahoo's mock draft has Browns going OT with first pick and then Johnny Football late in the 1st round.

The pick I actually like is Marqise Lee from USC in the 2nd round, saw him a little in college and good compliment Gordon well

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/silvas-two-round-mock-draft-044100185--nfl.html

Those USC WRs always do well in the NFL in cold weather climates. :D
But this kid has crossed all kinds of hurdles off the field, and could be a pretty feel good story.

Those USC WRs always do well in the NFL in cold weather climates. :D
But this kid has crossed all kinds of hurdles off the field, and could be a pretty feel good story.

Anything to get butterfingers Greg Little off the field

Also yahoo has Bortles going 33rd and CBS has him going #1 LOL

Yahoo's mock draft has Browns going OT with first pick and then Johnny Football late in the 1st round.

The pick I actually like is Marqise Lee from USC in the 2nd round, saw him a little in college and good compliment Gordon well

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/silvas-two-round-mock-draft-044100185--nfl.html

Do you think Manziel makes it to the browns in late first round? My Raiders will pass on him bit I know the bucs were pretty high on him .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think Manziel makes it to the browns in late first round? My Raiders will pass on him bit I know the bucs were pretty high on him .

No clue, depends on where you are reading, still nt sure what QB i love the most anyhow

No clue, depends on where you are reading, still nt sure what QB i love the most anyhow

Exactly. At one point they had the raiders in the exact same scenario . OT early and Manziel later. There's so much talent in this draft no one is tipping their hands. Manziel could still go in top 3, who knows.

If the Bucs draft a QB in the 1st round after their play from a rookie last year they are even more stupid than they were for hiring that piece of carp coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back