Clutch42

Happy to be here!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
14.3 USGA
I signed up for some lessons! I started back playing at the end of last summer after a 10 year lay-off and have finally committed to getting better. When I started back, I wasn't playing too bad just a little rusty but lately my game has went all to pieces. Not consistent, one day I'm hooking the ball, the next day I'm slicing, topping irons one minute and then hitting them fat the next. I had lessons about 12 years ago and got to where I was shooting in the low 80's, which I would take all day long. I guess I figured I could pick up where I left off....wrong! I really want to play in some of the THP events and play with some of the members on here but I want to get my game in gear first.
I just had to tell some like minded people who understand what I am going through.
Ready to get to work!!:bananadance:

Congrats bud!! I firmly believe that lessons are the best investment in one's game. Way better than any equipment! Keep us posted on your progress!

You won't regret that decision, clutch. It will probably be your best purchase of the year. But, don't worry about your game when considering a THP event. Most are open to all handicaps. You'll have a blast no matter how you play.

Now with the lessons you can get your game back and live up to your name. Clutch!

Thanks guys! I don't post a lot, but following the threads on here has gotten me fired up to get better! I love this site!

Good luck! Smart move!

There you go! You'll never regret it

Good luck! My lessons have paid off big time so far.

Congrats, don't forget to put in the practice in between each lesson

Lessons are such a great investment in your game

Congrats man! I just started taking lessons this spring. No idea why I waited so long. Good things to come!

Nice! Lessons will provide a way to improve and give you so much more enjoyment and sense of self accomplishment out of the game

Congrats and good luck with the lessons! Hope you get where you want to be!

Congrats on lessons it really help my game

Very nice! Lessons are good.

Nice! Where are you going for your lessons? I know a few Teaching and Club Pros in your area.

Nice! Where are you going for your lessons? I know a few Teaching and Club Pros in your area.

Steve Nixon, he teaches at Salem Glen Country Club. He had a special running, 2- hour lessons for $95.00. I figured I would start with the 2 lessons and then see about a package later. I spoke to a couple of people and they seemed to really like working with him.

I signed up for some lessons! I started back playing at the end of last summer after a 10 year lay-off and have finally committed to getting better. When I started back, I wasn't playing too bad just a little rusty but lately my game has went all to pieces. Not consistent, one day I'm hooking the ball, the next day I'm slicing, topping irons one minute and then hitting them fat the next. I had lessons about 12 years ago and got to where I was shooting in the low 80's, which I would take all day long. I guess I figured I could pick up where I left off....wrong! I really want to play in some of the THP events and play with some of the members on here but I want to get my game in gear first.
I just had to tell some like minded people who understand what I am going through.
Ready to get to work!!:bananadance:

That's awesome Clutch, lessons are the best gift you can give yourself, I can't wait to read your progress.

Congrats! Enjoy the process to playing better!

Well...had my first lesson today. Met with the instructor and told him my goals, what I would like to accomplish. He started me out hitting some iron shots just watching my swing and then he videoed my swing from 2 different angles. He said my set-up was pretty good, he just made a couple of changes. I had too much flex in my knees and I needed a little more tilt in my shoulders but all in all not bad.
Looking at the video was a real eye opener, my take away was about perfect, right on line but when I got to the top thats where it went all to pieces. My flexibility in my shoulders and back are lacking causing me shorten my swing and on the downswing causing an outside to in swing. He gave me some stetches and a couple of drills to work on.
I was pleased with the first lesson, I really like the way he would explain why I'm doing the things I'm doing and how we would fix them. It's not gonna be a quick fix but I'm looking forward to end result!

Back