Etiquette question: talking to someone else's ball

Not an issue with me either way. I will talk to my ball at times, and don't care if others do. It doesn't matter anyway because the ball only responds to the club face. Getting the club face to listen is the real trick. imo

In a competitive round, I might not say something, but since golf is recreation for me and I genuinely root for my friends, I'm all about the chatter, as long as it isn't every shot, every hole. Heck, I prefer funny quotes, other languages and fun phrases!

I talk to everyone's ball. It's instinct. Has no real effect but for some reason I still do it. Don't mind if anyone else does the same to mine....unless they are willing it in to trouble.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

How do you feel about people talking to your golf ball?

"Get down" or "Land soft". Does it matter if it's praise?

Do you do it yourself? Are there rules about what's acceptable?

I do it. I also have no issues if anybody talks to my ball in the air.

LOL Sorry Blu this whole thing just cracks me up!

I talk to my ball a lot - though it's usually using profanity. LOL. I hope someday my ball will start behaving better so I can talk a little nicer to it. I feel abusive! ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occasionally I "talk" to the ball or I am playing with someone who talks to their ball and I am not bothered by it. However it would bother me if the ball answered!

I talk to my ball often, but not always. I also will talk to other balls as well, but not a lot, because mine gets jealous when I do.

I am guilty of it and usually don't know I'm do it.
Sometimes it listens lol

I wonder how the people who don't talk to their ball watch other sports. Do they do so in utter silence?

I talk to my ball a lot unfortunately its like the wife and does not listen very often.........:banghead:

I talk to my ball a lot unfortunately its like the wife and does not listen very often.........:banghead:

yea but at least it doesn't talk back :)

while we are on the subject reminds me of an old joke.

if your wife and your dog are locked out at the door screaming and barking to open it up, which one do you let in??......

......The dog.......because once he's in he'll shut up :D

Don't mind unless someone starts yelling at it. Good or bad. If the ball can hear you 200 yards out, so can half the people on the course, and I don't want to be responsible for messing up anyone else's game.

I don't talk to the ball but I do have a few choice words for myself from time to time.

Yesterday I was the idiot yelling at my ball to "Go dammit!" as it sailed over the green. ...Oops.

Yesterday I was the idiot yelling at my ball to "Go dammit!" as it sailed over the green. ...Oops.

As reading through these, this was me "yesterday" yelling to get down as it comes up short....ooops

As reading through these, this was me "yesterday" yelling to get down as it comes up short....ooops

There is a lot of humor in this post. I like it a lot

There is a lot of humor in this post. I like it a lot

Was hoping you'd catch the ""...one of those texting things that really doesnt need to be there when I type pretty well.

Dont take it the wrong way blu, appreciate your straight forward posts.

Was hoping you'd catch the ""...one of those texting things that really doesnt need to be there when I type pretty well.

Dont take it the wrong way blu, appreciate your straight forward post.

I am the last person you need to worry about. Do your thing. I was just confused. We're good brother.

I talk to golf balls almost always. If I am playing with someone and they do it after I hit a shot, I see it as them being engaged in my play and cheering me on. And I Like that.

Not sure why this would ever be a bad thing. If someone genuinely wants your ball to bite rather than roll through the green, doesn't that make you happy?

What a great thread idea, had me laughing just at the title.

I've confirmed that if you call your ball a b@$tc it will go in the hole.

I enjoy the talking at the ball venue from all. Brings out the bond of a great round with the people your playing with getting involved with both yours and their game. Yelling, not so much.

I don't mind people telling my ball to settle down if I'm saying the same thing! Perhaps more voices and it listens!

If its friendly i dont care at all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Its kind of weird but I dont mind. Whatever makes someone happy and doesnt effect my game.

Back