#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Better to have a couple weaknesses pop up now with time to work then have them pop up Saturday.

Rough day on the course today which is 100 percent opposite of yesterday. Tired and bummed out but you know what, that's the game we love :thumb: Time to rest a bit and get back after it this coming week. Time is flying folks! :golf2:

Had the same thing happen to me yesterday partner, you'll get it right! I was feeling super down after yesterday, and today's lesson got me back in a good frame of mind. My instructor gave me a couple of excellent tips and swing thoughts that really have me feeling confident, and that added about 4 or 5 mph to my clubhead speed almost instantly - I carried one driver ball almost 260 with a 104mph clubhead speed! Holy crap! No big swing changes or anything, mainly just accentuating my shoulder turn and not being afraid to really take a strong cut at the ball and let the hands cock and release. Excited to get out to the range this week and see if I can duplicate!

Played a round with T0AD today and shot a 41/42 - 83. My putting and short game have gotten a lot better with all the practice I've been putting in the last couple of months. I didn't really hit it well today and had a couple unlucky breaks, but I'm always happy with an 83. Still playing solid golf and I'm so ready to get down to Orlando and compete. It's getting close!

Hang in there bud, you'll get it right!

Better to have a couple weaknesses pop up now with time to work then have them pop up Saturday.

Had the same thing happen to me yesterday partner, you'll get it right! I was feeling super down after yesterday, and today's lesson got me back in a good frame of mind. My instructor gave me a couple of excellent tips and swing thoughts that really have me feeling confident, and that added about 4 or 5 mph to my clubhead speed almost instantly - I carried one driver ball almost 260 with a 104mph clubhead speed! Holy crap! No big swing changes or anything, mainly just accentuating my shoulder turn and not being afraid to really take a strong cut at the ball and let the hands cock and release. Excited to get out to the range this week and see if I can duplicate!

It's so cool how supportive folks are when events such as the King etc.. are being prepped for. Just good old fashion team support which is basically family support each other.

Ski you got it cooking with Crisco bruther! I love it dude and enjoy your time on the course this week. My issue today was being physically exhausted more so than any swing problems. I was hitting the ball pretty decent but my concentration or lack there of was way off. My head was just not into the game today which is imo worse than a minor swing flaw. You can work around a swing flaw but when the head is not hooked to the swing, it's going to be a rough day.

Played a round with T0AD today and shot a 41/42 - 83. My putting and short game have gotten a lot better with all the practice I've been putting in the last couple of months. I didn't really hit it well today and had a couple unlucky breaks, but I'm always happy with an 83. Still playing solid golf and I'm so ready to get down to Orlando and compete. It's getting close!

If you can shoot 83 without hitting it well, I like your chances teammate!

If you can shoot 83 without hitting it well, I like your chances teammate!

Haha short game saved me today! Two dubs hurt. I'll take my normal 85-90 golf every round in Orlando and be more than happy!

It's so cool how supportive folks are when events such as the King etc.. are being prepped for. Just good old fashion team support which is basically family support each other.

Ski you got it cooking with Crisco bruther! I love it dude and enjoy your time on the course this week. My issue today was being physically exhausted more so than any swing problems. I was hitting the ball pretty decent but my concentration or lack there of was way off. My head was just not into the game today which is imo worse than a minor swing flaw. You can work around a swing flaw but when the head is not hooked to the swing, it's going to be a rough day.

This is a really good point, and I know after everything started to fall apart yesterday, I got to this point as well. But hey, it's golf and it happens! I have no doubt your head will be in the game in Orlando :blob:

This is a really good point, and I know after everything started to fall apart yesterday, I got to this point as well. But hey, it's golf and it happens! I have no doubt your head will be in the game in Orlando :blob:

That's a fact Jack! :bomb:

Long week been working a TON and I was really sick for a few days so I was out of commission. But I've gotten a lot if prep work in and I got a round of golf in with Brett. We played match play for all the holes. Was hard to get to competitive since the wind was crazy and neither of us were playing great. But any prep work is good prep work. Got a solid day of prep work in after that round through and ironed out a bunch of stuff. Also played 5 holes that day with my instructor after our lesson. All in all feeling more confident. Lots of prep work and reps this week to knock the rest of the rust off. Short game and putting have been good. Though just inconsistent with flashes of greatness. Was. Nice starting out my round with Brett with an eagle the other day though confidence is still building and I think I'll be in decent shape when I land in Orlando

Your game with a 260 tee ball is scary dude, nice job!

Your game with a 260 tee ball is scary dude, nice job!

Thanks man! Was really exciting to see, hoping I can keep it up.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

This hole is no longer part of the course. The new number two is the old par three. It's a par5 that will b ewn by birdie
National #2. Par 3: I'm taking the "pro tip" suggestion and aiming for the back third of this green. I'll be ok with long.

CGNational2_zpsb4475b15.jpg

After a poor range session yesterday, had a great round today considering it's my first of the season. Managed to get it around in 75. Drove my Alpha extremely well and got along well with the Apex Pros for my first round with them. Couldn't get any birds to drop but made a lot of nice saves. Switched to left hand low after experimenting with it yesterday and rolled it quite well. Going to stick with it for now.

Very pleased.

Most importantly walked all 18 and felt great after and wasn't fatigued during. The workout sessions getting me through this illness have really paid off.

After a poor range session yesterday, had a great round today considering it's my first of the season. Managed to get it around in 75. Drove my Alpha extremely well and got along well with the Apex Pros for my first round with them. Couldn't get any birds to drop but made a lot of
nice saves.

Very pleased.

Most importantly walked all 18 and felt great after and wasn't fatigued during. The workout sessions getting me through this illness have really paid off.

Great round partner ?⛳️?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a poor range session yesterday, had a great round today considering it's my first of the season. Managed to get it around in 75. Drove my Alpha extremely well and got along well with the Apex Pros for my first round with them. Couldn't get any birds to drop but made a lot of nice saves. Switched to left hand low after experimenting with it yesterday and rolled it quite well. Going to stick with it for now.

Very pleased.

Glad we're on the same team. Sweet bag!

Sounds like our man Jim is coming out of the gate real strong, love it! Hell of a round, even more so with it being the first of the season.

glad to see everyone getting some time on the course. we are so freaking close I can smell it. I went out and played an unfamiliar course yesterday. The wind was strong and frustrating and the greens were not fully healed from aeration either. That said, made off with an 81 with 3 lost balls and 33 putts. two of the lost balls were me trying shots I typically wouldn't try...one was a 5w off the deck into a strong wind trying to be greedy on my layup and the other was me trying the David Ledbetter draw from his latest video. Needless to say it didn't draw enough! I did successfully pull it off earlier in the round but I won't be attempting either of those shots in #TheKing, I goofed around and it cost me. It was an exhausting round, one of those where you are scrambling for every shot it seems. Only a handful of holes were FIR, GIR and birdie attempt...most were trying to save par from the rough or trying to get up and down greenside. The two bunker shots I took were acceptable but not desirable and I had one 3 putt...(argh!)

The exciting part is I stood on 17 tee with a chance to shoot 79 but took a hybrid on a 190yd par 3 into the wind and just caught the cart path to the right and bounced OB. Took double bogey when I missed my 10 footer. Overall my short game was good (for me) and it seems to continue to improve. It didn't hurt that I finally played a dry course and the chances of chunking shots was significantly decreased, but it's building confidence around the greens and that is something I didnt have last year. Thinking back on the round, I'd say only 3 or 4 shots all day were poorly struck. My misses we due to misjudging the wind and/or taking the wrong club.

I probably wont get another round in before Friday morning in Orlando so I will have to make time to hit the range. Get your work in guys, its here!

National #2 now I guess. Par 5. This looks like a classic par 5. Question for us will be do we challenge the bunker on the left off the tee. Will depend on where we play from. This should be a fun hole.

CGNational3_zps11620edb.jpg

#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Ok gonna catch up on the hole overviews. Appears this is now #2 on National per FK. Pro tips talks about carrying bunker on left. Will be interesting to see what distance it takes to carry said bunker. Going for it in 2 looks risky if your tendency to miss is to the right:

Edit: Barry wins.

FK since the old number 2 is gone. Does it consistently fall back a hole? Is the old #4 now #3 etc? Eventually a hole we don't have an overview of has to come into play.

National #2 now I guess. Par 5. This looks like a classic par 5. Question for us will be do we challenge the bunker on the left off the tee. Will depend on where we play from. This should be a fun hole.

That is a draw hole if I've ever seen one. Start it right side and try to boom a draw over/around that bunker and you could be in a great spot for the attack. Since I only have about 250 or so carry in my bag, tops, will highly depend on tees.

That is a draw hole if I've ever seen one. Start it right side and try to boom a draw over/around that bunker and you could be in a great spot for the attack. Since I only have about 250 or so carry in my bag, tops, will highly depend on tees.

BB will add to your carry!

The distance to carry that bunker is going to be key.

BB will add to your carry!

The distance to carry that bunker is going to be key.

Hoping so! Will probably get a hair extra carry compared to here in WA as well in the warm, humid air.

Still, as you said carry over the trap will be crucial. As will be the format we are playing.

We are down to the last two weeks before #theKing is crowned. What is your focus coming into the home stretch?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, short game work for me. Chipping the ball close was a glaring deficiency for me this weekend, and putting was uncharacteristically weak for me as well. I'm going to one of my local courses to spend a bunch of time on the putting and chipping green. I'm also trying to get out for one more round before the trip. We've got a couple of difficult links style courses at Harborside International and I'm hoping to get on the course I haven't played there before.

We are down to the last two weeks before #theKing is crowned. What is your focus coming into the home stretch?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, short game work for me. Chipping the ball close was a glaring deficiency for me this weekend, and putting was uncharacteristically weak for me as well. I'm going to one of my local courses to spend a bunch of time on the putting and chipping green. I'm also trying to get out for one more round before the trip. We've got a couple of difficult links style courses at Harborside International and I'm hoping to get on the course I haven't played there before.

I have a lesson scheduled for this week and one more schedule for next week right before leaving. Implementing any tweaks my instructor gives me will be my priority. One of those lessons will be putting and short game. Those are areas I definitely want to get the most practice in before we arrive in Orlando. Going to try to get some putting practice plus a round of golf on a local course with Bermuda greens this weekend.

The play is over the left hand fairway bunkers. 240-260 carry depending in the tees. Right side of the green in second shot is protected by mature trees and bushes with sand base. Left green side bunkers are a good target for your second.

The green slopes gradually from back to front. Mild breaks will need to be noticed

Back