THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My handicap is a 33.4
By the end of the year, I would like for it to be around 18. Right now, I can live with giving up one stroke per hole. My ultimate five year goal is lower. Ultimately I want to get south of 10.

To get there I will practice putting more, take the time to actually play more (by playing nine holes before work two days a week), and master my mid and long irons. Oh and also incorporate more stretching and "golf muscles" into my exercise regime.

I already practice 6 days a week (living on a course helps).

Awesome dude. You will be surprised how quick you can get to 18. It's going from 18 to sub 10 that has been a lot more work for me. Keep us updated.

Looks like I'm trending in the right direction even though I don't feel like it. My handicap for my amateur association is 14.4. US Handicap still has me at 16.0 . Still need one more round to get to three for the season. Good thing is that I haven't played the same course twice.

Officially at 2.5. My handicap hasn't been this low since I was a kid. Pretty amazing stuff.

I'm still a little skeptical because I don't have that many rounds in. But, I know the game is there. It's just a matter of playing at that level more consistently. Over the last year, I've really put a lot of work and focus into my game. I am ratcheting up the effort going into July, and I have been focusing on some holes in my game that need to be addressed. Short game will take priority.

I just need to keep putting the work in. The results will be there.

Nice work with the handicap, Seth. I know you've had some really solid rounds as of late.

I moved from a 2.9 to 2.5. My game feels ok right now. I still have a ton of work to do. Ball-striking is improving as well as accuracy off the tee. The short game is a work in progress. I'm playing in a tournament in a few weeks, so that will be the barometer of where I'm at.

11.3 stayed at an 11.3. I am hoping to trend below 10, but if I stay right around here, I'll be very happy. After the snow melts here :)banghead:), I will be back out this weekend.

salisboss
My goal for this season is under 18. Last year was the first year I took golf more seriously and I went from a 28 to 23.2. This year I have been hitting the ball alot this winter and have seen some instructors. I am still trying to find someone I like and can afford but it is doable. I have brought my bag into the 21st century equipment wise which has helped alot. I also need to continue to drop the weight and work on my flexibility.

First handicap update of the young season and with two out of three added in my cap has dropped a full point to 22.2. My ball striking has been solid. I just need to putt better (don't we all). I plan on taking a putting lesson in the near future after Easter. I think if I can get down to 32-36 putts a round I will consistently shoot in the 80s and see the number drop a ton.

Continuing to trend down, from 22.1 to 21.4 as of tomorrow. Almost there, and still improving. Just a matter of getting my putter in a groove, and I'll get way down in no time.
Nice work. keep it up.

12.8 to 11.7.

Solid rounds posted recently and several of them were in tourney play.

Things are coming around but I've still got a long way to go and feel like I'm truly at the beginning of the process working with an instructor, etc.

My handicap is a 33.4
By the end of the year, I would like for it to be around 18. Right now, I can live with giving up one stroke per hole. My ultimate five year goal is lower. Ultimately I want to get south of 10.

To get there I will practice putting more, take the time to actually play more (by playing nine holes before work two days a week), and master my mid and long irons. Oh and also incorporate more stretching and "golf muscles" into my exercise regime.

I already practice 6 days a week (living on a course helps).

It will drop a ton in a hurry. The one thing I can recommend is to practice putting alot.

11.3 stayed at an 11.3. I am hoping to trend below 10, but if I stay right around here, I'll be very happy. After the snow melts here :)banghead:), I will be back out this weekend.

Did your score from FL hurt or help?

Guessing it wasnt a factor since us darn northerners have so few rounds

12.8 to 11.7.

Solid rounds posted recently and several of them were in tourney play.

Things are coming around but I've still got a long way to go and feel like I'm truly at the beginning of the process working with an instructor, etc.

Way to go Cookie, keep it up!

Looks like I got alot of of work to do which I know and I am working hard this week on. First revision of the year and I am currently at a 19.1 Handicap :(. But I'll be on top of my short game real hard and get this down. Getting to 18 on next revision day shouldn't be a problem if I get the short game down and just play smarter.

Stayed at 9.2. Kinda flat at the moment. Need a break through round to change the momentum. Right now the range is not making it to the course. It will come.

Still at 12.4 due to only 9 holes being recorded. Will definitely have more rounds entered this period and already have a bunch lined up for May as well.

Stayed at 9.2. Kinda flat at the moment. Need a break through round to change the momentum. Right now the range is not making it to the course. It will come.

I was impressed that you gutted through Sunday after breaking your driver and playing in some tough conditions. When the weather turns (finally), you'll get there.

Mski
Currently playing to around 12 so far this season.
My goal is to learn not to mentally implode during the round. I don't know how to come about this so any help would be welcome.
When the wheels start to fall off during a round I start to adjust my swing for the worst. Bad habits come back. This mental break down is what hurts me during the middle of the round.
On the swing front I need to hit the range more during the week and work on accelerating through the ball instead of slapping at the ball with my irons.

It didn't affect it this time. It will eventually hurt it. I am playing closer to a 13 the last the last rounds I have put in before this past revision. I've played some harder courses up here (slope wise) so that is evening it out I guess. I still dont' completely understand how this thing is calculated.

It didn't affect it this time. It will eventually hurt it. I am playing closer to a 13 the last the last rounds I have put in before this past revision. I've played some harder courses up here (slope wise) so that is evening it out I guess. I still dont' completely understand how this thing is calculated.

Looks like due to the number of rounds you have its only pulling your best score which was 87 at Harbor Ridge which your differential was 11.8, you take that times .96 and you get the 11.3 you have right now.

Looks like you are 9 holes away from having 7 rounds in which would then lead to your 2 lowest being used which will put you at a 12.5

Keep it up buddy!!

Looks like due to the number of rounds you have its only pulling your best score which was 87 at Harbor Ridge which your differential was 11.8, you take that times .96 and you get the 11.3 you have right now.

Looks like you are 9 holes away from having 7 rounds in which would then lead to your 2 lowest being used which will put you at a 12.5

Keep it up buddy!!

Don't stalk me on USGA! Weirdo! :alien:

Haha thanks dude.

Dropped from 9.9 to 9.5. Would like to be a little lower heading into next week in Orlando, but I'm on the right track. Index is 1.9 points lower than at this point last year which shows improvement for me during the tougher winter season here when its wet and cold.

Got in 6 rounds during this revision period:

Dropped off: 79 (8.1 Diff), 83 (9.9), 89c (16.5), 84 (12.4), 87c (12.8), 89 (17.8)

Replaced with: 81 (8.7), 81c (9.5), 84 (12.4), 86 (11.7), 81 (9.5), 85 (13.3)

Feel like this is a solid "traveling" handicap as well, since 10 of my 20 rounds are at away courses.

Miller Time
Goal - 8

I've only been serious about my game for about 2 years now and no matter what I've done with equipment, it seems like my avg score was always around 85-87. I finally broke 80 a couple of times last year and I believe I can get it down to single digits. I was down to an 11 at one point, but it's started to creep back up lately.

I finally decided to make the investment in GolfTEC lessons and I've seen some really good results so far. My tee game has improved dramatically with some grip and posture help, but recently my putting from 10ft and in has let me down. I'm hoping a putting lesson in the coming weeks will help me get going in the right direction as spring rolls around and I can start to see the scores stay in the low 80s and see my HDCP drop down into the single digits.

I grew up playing many sports, but I honestly believe this is the toughest game to become really, really good at. Great thread.

Down to 11.1 as of 4/15

I felt like I had a bad round on Sunday, but when I added it up, it came to an 83. If that's a bad round, then I'm playing as well as I ever have. Getting closer! Lessons are paying off

Keep it up buddy!!

I was told there would be no math.

Officially at 2.5. My handicap hasn't been this low since I was a kid. Pretty amazing stuff.

I'm still a little skeptical because I don't have that many rounds in. But, I know the game is there. It's just a matter of playing at that level more consistently. Over the last year, I've really put a lot of work and focus into my game. I am ratcheting up the effort going into July, and I have been focusing on some holes in my game that need to be addressed. Short game will take priority.

I just need to keep putting the work in. The results will be there.

I predict you will be scratch by July, partner. I have no doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back