stewarthans45

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone ever had their clubs stolen before? Especially at the course? Yesterday a guy went in to grab a drink after finishing 9 and when he came out someone had taken off with his whole bag. The course is in a nice area and id never heard of anything like this before. Even before this happened I was always worried to leave my clubs just sitting out while I run inside. Even some of these courses surrounded by neighborhoods. How hard is it for anyone who lives in those houses to get on the course and grab someone's stuff or even the clubhouse when it's closed. Most of them are full of new irons and drivers. I know this could happen anywhere I don't even like leaving my clubs in my car or garage and I live in a nice safe neighborhood but you just never know. Pretty bad when a guy can't even finish his round cause he stopped to grab a drink.

Ugh, that sucks. The same thing actually happened to my dad back in the '70s. My mom had ordered him a really nice full set, hand picked bag and everything and it got stolen from right in front of the clubhouse while he was having post-round drinks. I don't hear about it happening too much, but that is such a huge bummer.

Lurk Craigs List immediately. Whoever stole then will not bring them back to the course.

I had multiple sets stolen in about 2001 when I lived in Houston. Basically, I drove into my garage, and as I was unloading some groceries, I heard the phone ringing inside. I ran inside to take the call, and ended up being on the call for 10 minutes or so. While I was inside, someone took 2 full bags out of my garage, and each bag probably had 20 clubs in it. My main bag was brand new, and had tons of stuff in it, like shoes, a couple dozen brand new Pro V1s (right after they had first come out), and some cash. I always suspected it was the lawn guys who had been working next door. This was a Friday afternoon, and the neighborhood wasn't exactly buzzing with activity. The real kicker was that one set of the irons belonged to my dad.

Fortunately no. But this fear is why I leave my clubs in the car until just before I am ready to go warm up or play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is a shame that we have to be so careful with our golf clubs, but I think it is a sign of the times. Golf clubs are worth a lot of money, and there is a huge market for used clubs. This is a good reminder to make sure we keep receipts and take photos of our clubs for insurance purposes.

It is a shame that we have to be so careful with our golf clubs, but I think it is a sign of the times. Golf clubs are worth a lot of money, and there is a huge market for used clubs. This is a good reminder to make sure we keep receipts and take photos of our clubs for insurance purposes.

Yea it sucks we have to worry so much about them, but I would recommend (and you may already know) to get a personal articles policy, sometimes called an Inland Marine policy for your clubs. It's cheap and covers your clubs at replacement cost with no deductible.

I had my clubs stolen from the bed of my truck in 2009. I had a bed cover on the bed, but I guess it was a pretty cheap lock is there was not much damage to the lock itself. Insurance helped cover about 50% of the replacement costs, which helped, but it still sucked. Now, I keep my clubs in my truck only when I am planning on golfing that day. Lesson learned.

whether its golf clubs or anything anywhere. From kids steeling bikes to adults steeling cars Its really sad that this stuff goes on. And its not just nowadays. been going on forever with just about anything. Makes you feel violated even as though it was personal and it just sucks. And not that it counts any more or less but its even much worse when the person who is the victom cant afford to replace what was stolen. The whole thing just sickens me.

This stinks, I know of one club at Myrtle Beach that has a fairly notorious reputation of people doing this. The parking lot is within feet of the staging area for tournaments and I think that and the fact that the restaurant is about 75 yards from the carts contributes to so many bags being stolen.

I hate leaving my clubs outside as well......I would be one sad bear

Wow! I've always had a concern about that in the back of my mind.

I've never had any stolen, but in all reality, until recently, I was never playing anything worth stealing. I certainly go out of my way to make sure they are secure in my truck if I am going to be anywhere but right with them. I don't like leaving them at bag drops, and I'm certainly no fan of cart jockeys bringing them out to the bag drop after the round.

We have had two sets of clubs stolen at our Club in the last few years. In one case the thief just got in a loaded golf cart and drove the cart to the other side of the property where evidently they has parked and took everything in the cart. In another case, the thief was brazen to the max, they just walked into the club storage room and walked out with a bag of clubs. To make it worse, one of our members held the door open for the thief.

Of course, the Club bought new clubs all around.

Sad to say, it is a must to be aware of what is going on all around you in any setting.

After reading this thread, it occurs to me how many times I have left my bag on the back of the cart (with wallet in it) and my phone and Skycaddie sitting on the seat. I think I need to be a little more careful. Especially on golf trips when there are 30+ bags all lined up at once. A thieves wet dream.

Another one of our own here (Dr. Teeth) had his bag stolen from the course last year.
I've been lucky not to have had any stolen and I hope that continues.

Made my stomach sick just thinking about it. I actually put my clubs in the back seat of my truck today hoping I would get done with work early enough to hit the range before my softball game. Went out several times to make sure they were still there (that area of town you might say). Probably won't be doing that again, will take the extra 20 minutes to go by home and get them. Especially since I didn't have the time and I put them at risk.

Lowjack the golf bag I guess--sad times. These places should set out some bait and a sting operation to catch these idiots. Imagine catching someone in the act--somebody would get beat down!

Takes a really scuzzball to steal clubs. One of our golfers had his clubs stolen at the course during our weekly Thursday scramble. He put his clubs in the truck and came back to the clubhouse to see the results. Went he went back to his truck, his clubs were gone. It's a shame you can't leave your clubs alone for even a minute or two.

That is terrible! I've never heard of anyone having their clubs stolen at the course, but I did have a friend who had his car stolen a few years back and his clubs happened to be in the trunk.

I've had clubs stolen when I've left them at holes. I haven't figured out a good system for remembering my wedges around the greens.

I'm always super aware of my bag though. I never leave it out at any golf course. I will walk in and pay the green fees, drive a cart to my car and load it up. With the amount of money I have into the clubs, I am not taking any chances.

I've had clubs stolen when I've left them at holes. I haven't figured out a good system for remembering my wedges around the greens.

Drop your wedge on top of the flagstick when you take it out to putt.

I'm definitely going to have to be more careful. I would beat down anyone who tried to steal my sticks if I ever found them.

I always try to keep an eye on my clubs at my local course i am very paranoid that some one will walk away with my bag

Back